+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Confusion - Computer Science Engineer Allowed?

abdela7ad

Aug 9, 2019
Hello guys anyone get replies In computer engineering with 9 years of experience in mobile app developments , Are i'm eligible to apply

gharshil

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Hi guys
I have 8 years of Experience with having Masters degree in Computer application and Information Technology.
During the Course of my 8 years of career,I have been entitled "Software Engineer designation"

I hold CIPS Certification with ISP membership.

I have question that should i go with 2173 or 2174.
Earlier i applied for 2173 ,however having considered the education requirement in OID list,it requires education in Engineering Discpline with APEGS evaluated degree.
Currently,I am NOC 2174 applicant since my discpline is valid for that (Computer application and information technology)

however i am doubtful on the matter that i have Designation "Software engineer " entitled on all the work experience certificates where as 2174 are for computer programmer and interactive media developers.Nonetheless job duties performed are similar.

I have more often asked this question to SINP guys,Their answers is always centered on choosing the NOC based on education qualifaction.

rrgupta

Nov 6, 2019
So what is your status ? Did you get replay from SINP about your noc code 2174 .I have done bachelor of engineering in information technology and confused which noc to choose?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
The requirement does state very clearly "Computer Science engineering programs will not be considered". I don't think they are looking for engineers per se otherwise they wouldn't have explicitly mentioned it.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can apply for this being CSE engineer. But, I am yet to get a response from someone who managed PNP with CSE background. Still waiting for people to confirm.
Hello @dacoffee
Have you found out the answer. I am also B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering and I am planning to apply under 2173. I am confused weather I should go to CISP or APEGS . What is your current status?
Would be glad if you could share your experience.

mankind5050

Nov 4, 2016
I have BSc Computer Engineering but my Job title and Role has been that of system analyst NOC 2171.I'm processing CISP and also worried about the statement of SINP concerning Computer Science Engineering "

vipin119

Nov 25, 2019
Thanks for your reply.
As someone said in the above-shared article that we need to get the APEGS license first for NOC 2174 then only can apply to SINP ?
Kindly help on this point.

Just found some more info that SINP not considering 2174/2173 candidate with "Bachelor of Engineer in Computer Science" (BE- CSE)
Refer -

Arpitthumar

Jul 13, 2017
Could you please help me in find code for electronics & telecommunication engineer who has 8 years of experience as embedded software engineer ?

parthpandya008

Jul 19, 2019
Hi,

I saw a ray of hope when I learnt SINP allows Computer Programmers (NOC Code - 2174). In the description of in-demand lists, it is mentioned:

"Computer Science engineering programs will not be considered."

Check this link for reference - https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/sinp-in-demand-occupation-list

But, when I search the NOC database for 2174, it doesn't exclude engineering programs. It just says, "A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required".

My B.Tech is in Computer Science and Engineering (4 years program) and I am currently a software developer (although by designation I am "Assistant Project Manager" as I have spent over 10 years in this industry).

So, am I eligible under SINP? The statement - "Computer Science engineering programs will not be considered." in throwing me off and I am very confused.

Thanks!

I am also confused.

My NOC is 2174 and my education is Bachelor Of Engineering (Computer).

1. Computer Science Engineering and Bachelor Of Engineering (Computer) are the same or different?

2. If Bachelor Of Engineering (Computer) is not considered for NOC 2174 and If I submit EOI SINP, is there any violation or will it affect the Federal express entry profile in any way?

Last edited:

DishaPatel05

Sep 12, 2020
I am also confused.

My NOC is 2174 and my education is Bachelor Of Engineering (Computer).

1. Computer Science Engineering and Bachelor Of Engineering (Computer) are the same or different?

2. If Bachelor Of Engineering (Computer) is not considered for NOC 2174 and If I submit EOI SINP, is there any violation or will it affect the Federal express entry profile in any way?
Hi , I am on same boat...have you got any confirmation.?