+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection : SINP NOC 2173/2174 + BE Computer Engineering

ganeshvittal

Nov 9, 2019
I am devastated today. My SINP application was rejected since I came from an engineering background.

I was so surprised that NOC 2173 & 2174 are not eligible for Saskatchwan PNP if a candidate come from an engineering background. I am unable to understand what sort of weird logic is this.

They expect people from B.Sc Computer Science & M.Sc Computer Science background. Engineering background will face rejection just like I did. I should try other options.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
what
I am devastated today. My SINP application was rejected since I came from an engineering background.

I was so surprised that NOC 2173 & 2174 are not eligible for Saskatchwan PNP if a candidate come from an engineering background. I am unable to understand what sort of weird logic is this.

They expect people from B.Sc Computer Science & M.Sc Computer Science background. Engineering background will face rejection just like I did. I should try other options.
what was your engg specialization?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I did BE in Computer Science. To my understanding Engineering degrees are ruled out when it comes to 2173 and 2174.
Yes this rule sounds strange, Mine is also B.Tech in Computer Science and Engg. After thorough research I applied in NOC code 2171. My score is 65. Just waiting for something miraculous to happen to receive NOI at 65

ganeshvittal

Nov 9, 2019
One question, Have you applied for CISP certification and was your qualification accepted by the authority.
That was going in Parallel and it is not yet done. But mean while I got this application rejection notification for the above mentioned reason.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Based on my research I found out that if your qualification is BCS, BCA or anything which doesn't have engg word attached to it, then the certification requirement is CISP.
If the qualification is Engineering, then the certification requirement is APEGS.
The reason is Engineering jobs in Saskatchewan is regulated. I found this out while googling 2173 job positing based in Saskatchewan and in most of the postings licensing requirement from APEGS was mentioned.
The whole confusion is because two things clubbed together in NOC 2173 (Software Engineers and Designers) which has two things Software Engineers -> APEGS and Software Designers -> CISP

Why dont you try to get APEGS and file a new application.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018

@ganeshvittal Hi , really sorry to hear this. How long did it take them to respond with a refusal letter. Are you applying again now? or have you applied again?

manish41711

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019

Your noc was 2714 right? Sinp hasn't invited 2173 since a while now. Also, 2173 has no restrictions on engineer degrees i think. What was your noc?

Niral Patel

Dec 28, 2019
Category........
PNP

Sep 3, 2020

Did you receive any ADR before rejecting your application?

DishaPatel05

Sep 12, 2020

Have you tried in other NOC ?