+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection : SINP NOC 2173/2174 + BE Computer Engineering

yisab

Sep 20, 2020
Based on my research I found out that if your qualification is BCS, BCA or anything which doesn't have engg word attached to it, then the certification requirement is CISP.
If the qualification is Engineering, then the certification requirement is APEGS.
The reason is Engineering jobs in Saskatchewan is regulated. I found this out while googling 2173 job positing based in Saskatchewan and in most of the postings licensing requirement from APEGS was mentioned.
The whole confusion is because two things clubbed together in NOC 2173 (Software Engineers and Designers) which has two things Software Engineers -> APEGS and Software Designers -> CISP

Why dont you try to get APEGS and file a new application.
I think 2173 also can't be used for Computer Science Engineering

yisab

Sep 20, 2020
I am devastated today. My SINP application was rejected since I came from an engineering background.

I was so surprised that NOC 2173 & 2174 are not eligible for Saskatchwan PNP if a candidate come from an engineering background. I am unable to understand what sort of weird logic is this.

They expect people from B.Sc Computer Science & M.Sc Computer Science background. Engineering background will face rejection just like I did. I should try other options.
Can you Please Share reason they may have shared to you. If possible.

Aneudupi

Dec 26, 2018
That was going in Parallel and it is not yet done. But mean while I got this application rejection notification for the above mentioned reason.
Hi,
Any updates on your application? Have you applied for APEGS ?
Could you please update... Many people here are in the same boat and your updates would really help..