+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP 15 Sep 2020 invitees - Please join here

mrkamran82

Jan 21, 2021
Hi, Can you please let us know whether you did BE or BSc.? There is lot of confusion among us on whether NOC 2174 with BE (Bachelor of Engineering) should go for CIPS certification or APEGS. I have done Masters in Computer Science & BE in Computer Engineering with 10+ years of Experience. When I contacted CIPS they suggested I could take either "Education+ Experience" or "IT professional" route. Just wanted to make sure CIPS is the right route for BE as well?
I have the same confusion. Which route your followed finally and achieved ?

mrkamran82

Jan 21, 2021
I have a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Sc and MTech. in Software Systems with a total of 14 years of experience. I am totally confused to go for APEGS or CIPS. Tried to contact SINP, APEGS, and CIPS. They are playing marry-go-round. Please help!!!!!!!
I am also having the same situation. Did you get the correct answer to whether go for APEGS or CIPS? And did it really worked for you ?

mrkamran82

Jan 21, 2021
Thanks, NOC is 2173, Yes - I have applied for CIPS license, which would take some time. Keeping fingers crossed !!
2173 May require APEGS license so how did your are sure that you require license from CIPS. Are they accepting any one either APEGS or CIPS ?

mrkamran82

Jan 21, 2021
Hi All,

I got ITA on Sept 16 '2020 and complete application was submitted on Oct 28th. NOC code 2173. I don't have any license.
Does this mean I will definitely get ADR? Has anyone seen people being nominated without license?
Also, I have studied BCA and MCA. Which license I would require? APEGS or CIPS?

Kindly help
TIA,
Vikas
I have the same question like you. Did you get answer either to go for APEGS or CIPS ?

mrkamran82

Jan 21, 2021
I am in the same boat.. I received the ADR / License around same time. So what's your application status.. Is it in progress or did you received the nomination.

I have also applied for SINP under NOC 2173 And waiting for ITA but I found that NoC 2173 requires license and it will be asked once ITA will be received. After reading this NOC licensing requirement it says that for “software engineers” license from APEGS is required where as “software designer” will require to provide CIPS.
I have 18 years of qualification with degree titles “Bachelor in software engineering” and “Masters in Computer Engineering” And also done ECA from WES as well. However, my professional experience is a mix of “software developer”, “software engineer” , “Senior Integration Engineer” and “software designer” but recent 12 years are of “software designer/architect” majorly.

so my question is either I need to go for license from APEGS or CIPS ?

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Wow so many messages and no one replied. Yes despite noc 2173 I was asked CIPS, coz I am from non engineering background. This is already cleared in my previous posts. Goodluck with your application.

harsh_SINP

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
I believe your NOC is 2173 and did SINP officer asked specifically to provide CIPS license and they did not asked for APEGS ?
my NOC is 2174 and yes SINP asked for CIPS license. SINP asked for license its upto they dont specify CIPS or APEGS.
My education required CIPS and not APEGS. APEGS is required if your education is engineering.
Mail to mj@cips.ca with your education background and work exp she would guide you.

mrkamran82

Jan 21, 2021
my NOC is 2174 and yes SINP asked for CIPS license. SINP asked for license its upto they dont specify CIPS or APEGS.
My education required CIPS and not APEGS. APEGS is required if your education is engineering.
Mail to mj@cips.ca with your education background and work exp she would guide you.
Hi Harsh,

I have checked by sending them ECA and my CV to both SINP and CIPS, but their response is not clear which way to go either CIPS or APEGS. That's why I am confused about what to do now and I am stuck and seeking guidance on it on every forum. But not everyone is clear. Some say that NOC is based on educational qualifications and some say that it is based on professional job experiences and there is one category of people who says that it is MIX of both. Below is the response from SINP and CIPS, when I requested them to give me crystal clear guidelines. what do you say about it?

My consultant says that I should go for CIPS but I think it would need APEGS. I don't want to be on the 2 boats at the same time. I can afford to go any one of them which would be accurately required. i hope you understand the situation.

######################## SINP response below ##############

Thank you for your email.

Please note that we cannot advise prior to an application which licensing is required for which occupation. A full application is required in order to make an accurate assessment of an applicant's eligibility to the program. If your occupation is regulated in Saskatchewan, you must contact the regulatory body to learn what you will need to do to work in Saskatchewan.

You can also review the below webpage to see if there any requirements for your intended NOC requires licensure for the Express Entry of Occupation In-Demand category.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/to-work/regulated-occupations-and-licensing-requirements

If you get the Invitation to apply ,we would suggest completing an application if you have all other required documents for the category you are interested in applying under. This will allow an officer to review your information and determine if licensure is required. If this proof is required, your application will be held for processing until such proof is provided.

#################### CIPS response below ################

As you have an Engineering degree the SINP may require you to apply for licensing to the Engineering Society in Saskatchewan. I would recommend that you check with them as to which Society you should apply to.

If they say CIPS, you would apply for the I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience route. Our step-by-step application process can be found at: https://cipsresources.ca/isp/

We do require a course-by-course Canadian assessment of your degrees. This would list each course you took along with your marks. You can ask WES for an upgrade to a course-by-course assessment and this is to be provided to us by WES.

Our current processing time is approximately 4-6 months.

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi Harsh,

I have checked by sending them ECA and my CV to both SINP and CIPS, but their response is not clear which way to go either CIPS or APEGS. That's why I am confused about what to do now and I am stuck and seeking guidance on it on every forum. But not everyone is clear. Some say that NOC is based on educational qualifications and some say that it is based on professional job experiences and there is one category of people who says that it is MIX of both. Below is the response from SINP and CIPS, when I requested them to give me crystal clear guidelines. what do you say about it?

My consultant says that I should go for CIPS but I think it would need APEGS. I don't want to be on the 2 boats at the same time. I can afford to go any one of them which would be accurately required. i hope you understand the situation.

######################## SINP response below ##############

Thank you for your email.

Please note that we cannot advise prior to an application which licensing is required for which occupation. A full application is required in order to make an accurate assessment of an applicant's eligibility to the program. If your occupation is regulated in Saskatchewan, you must contact the regulatory body to learn what you will need to do to work in Saskatchewan.

You can also review the below webpage to see if there any requirements for your intended NOC requires licensure for the Express Entry of Occupation In-Demand category.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/to-work/regulated-occupations-and-licensing-requirements

If you get the Invitation to apply ,we would suggest completing an application if you have all other required documents for the category you are interested in applying under. This will allow an officer to review your information and determine if licensure is required. If this proof is required, your application will be held for processing until such proof is provided.

#################### CIPS response below ################

As you have an Engineering degree the SINP may require you to apply for licensing to the Engineering Society in Saskatchewan. I would recommend that you check with them as to which Society you should apply to.

If they say CIPS, you would apply for the I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience route. Our step-by-step application process can be found at: https://cipsresources.ca/isp/

We do require a course-by-course Canadian assessment of your degrees. This would list each course you took along with your marks. You can ask WES for an upgrade to a course-by-course assessment and this is to be provided to us by WES.

Our current processing time is approximately 4-6 months.
This is confusing. Did you get an ITA? Because you can apply and then wait for SINP to review your application and recommend for license.
May I know what is your SINP score ?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020
Hello guys,

Could you please clarify, whether we can apply for both SINP - Express Entry and SINP - Occupation-In-Demand categories? or only one.

Thanks & Regards,
Arunkumar Ganesan

Nams SINP-EE

Star Member
Feb 17, 2021
Hi All.
SINP ITA 15th Sept
Application submission: 29th Oct
Applied for CIPS ISP: 20th Nov
1st ADR: 20th Jan
ADR submitted: 27th Jan
ADR for CIPS License: 28th Jan