+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP 15 Sep 2020 invitees - Please join here

canpr80

Sep 17, 2020
Hi All,

I have received an ITA too from SINP.

And my NOC is "2173 : Software Engineer and Designer"
But my education has been : BSc (Science) and MCA.

Looking at various threads and this one as well, it appears that one who does not have an engineering degree at Bachelor's level has to go for APEGS certification and those without an engineering degree need to pursue CIPS.

Can anyone in the group confirm, if this understanding is correct?

In general, these certifications will take way more than 60 days, the time frame within which we need to submit our applications. So, to counter for that, what are you guys planning to do for "Does your intended occupation or job offer require Professional Certification or Licensure?* " ? YES OR NO

And I have another clarification about Birth Certificate, if anyone can answer, that would be great. I do not have a Birth Cert. What are my alternatives?

Thanks and look forward to contributing to this group through my experience as well.

Reactions: arorasaurabh82
Dec 20, 2018
I have a similar question related to the birth certificate and Licensure requirements. I don't have a birth certificate, what shall I do?

canpr80

Sep 17, 2020
I have a similar question related to the birth certificate and Licensure requirements. I don't have a birth certificate, what shall I do?
Hello arorasaurabh82,

I just got a call from SINP contact office (I had earlier called them up and requested for a callback) and this is what they have to say:
If you do not have a Birth Certificate, then you should be able to provide any of these that clearly states your Name, Date of Birth and your parents name.
1. Education Certificate (preferably secondary education)
2. Any ID Cards (For eg: Voter's ID)
3. Any National ID Cards (For Ex: Aadhar Card in case of Indian Citizen) you may have

Provide any of the above document and attach an explanation letter along with it explaining the reason for not having a Birth Certificate and what you are providing in lieu of that.

My personal opinion, Attach the letter and provide all the documents(not just one) that have the above mentioned information.

About Licensing Requirements:
They were not able to confirm which certification to take, but they are sure that to get one is mandatory.
I think as one of the members here have stated, send a query to info@cips.ca and ask for guidance. I have sent am email already this afternoon. Will post if I receive anything from them.

I am adding here some additional information,
1. My EOI expires next year in Jan i.e. Jan 2021. They told me that, as long as I have submitted the application (that I'll do in the next 60 days), I don't need to file another EOI.
2. My English results are expiring in Mar 2021 and the same reason is applicable. So I don't need to worry about either of them expiring.

Hope it helps!

Dec 20, 2018
Hello arorasaurabh82,

I just got a call from SINP contact office (I had earlier called them up and requested for a callback) and this is what they have to say:
If you do not have a Birth Certificate, then you should be able to provide any of these that clearly states your Name, Date of Birth and your parents name.
1. Education Certificate (preferably secondary education)
2. Any ID Cards (For eg: Voter's ID)
3. Any National ID Cards (For Ex: Aadhar Card in case of Indian Citizen) you may have

Provide any of the above document and attach an explanation letter along with it explaining the reason for not having a Birth Certificate and what you are providing in lieu of that.

My personal opinion, Attach the letter and provide all the documents(not just one) that have the above mentioned information.

About Licensing Requirements:
They were not able to confirm which certification to take, but they are sure that to get one is mandatory.
I think as one of the members here have stated, send a query to info@cips.ca and ask for guidance. I have sent am email already this afternoon. Will post if I receive anything from them.

I am adding here some additional information,
1. My EOI expires next year in Jan i.e. Jan 2021. They told me that, as long as I have submitted the application (that I'll do in the next 60 days), I don't need to file another EOI.
2. My English results are expiring in Mar 2021 and the same reason is applicable. So I don't need to worry about either of them expiring.

Hope it helps!
Can you please also let me know the licensure requirements for 2173- Software Engineer. I am holding a Master's degree.

sandy_can

Oct 20, 2015
Can I update my express entry profile after the SINP ITA? I want to include my spouse in the EE application?

cloudbud

May 29, 2020
Hey All,

So for NOC 2173 this license is required. I am applying for EOI and I don't have this license shall mark yes or no in the EOI form?

Reactions: canpr80

kunalkaul003

Apr 14, 2017
Hi,

I got my express entry invitation for 2nd September with cutoff of 475.
I m in Melbourne and it’s under stage4 lockdown and curfew and god knows when it’s gonna end. There is no medical test happening in Melbourne as centres are closed.
In case these centres don’t open till my 90 days expires, then can we plea for extension and show them proof that centres are closed and we can’t do anything about it???? Any hopes??
Regards
Kunal

Last edited:

junegloom

Jan 15, 2019
Hi, My NOC is 2174, can you let us know which CIPS route you took?

1) I sent enquiry email to info@cips.ca along with my ECA & resume
2) Mary Jean asked me to read this http://www.cips.ca/CertificationApplications and suggested to go for I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience route (yours might be different)
3) Upgrade ECA to course-by-course (please note that WES needs to send this directly to CIPS) - It takes around one week in my case to upgrade
4) Once everything is ready (Application Form, Reference Letters, Ethics Exam (Very Easy), Payment, Resume, WES course-by-course Reference number with a completion date), sent all the documentation to certification@cips.ca to do the processing
5) They provide the tracking number to track your application & link to check the certification queue
6) I started the certification process in Mid April 2019 & completed by End of October 2019

Best of luck guys !!!