+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP 15 Sep 2020 invitees - Please join here

canpr80

Sep 17, 2020
1) I sent enquiry email to info@cips.ca along with my ECA & resume
2) Mary Jean asked me to read this http://www.cips.ca/CertificationApplications and suggested to go for I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience route (yours might be different)
3) Upgrade ECA to course-by-course (please note that WES needs to send this directly to CIPS) - It takes around one week in my case to upgrade
4) Once everything is ready (Application Form, Reference Letters, Ethics Exam (Very Easy), Payment, Resume, WES course-by-course Reference number with a completion date), sent all the documentation to certification@cips.ca to do the processing
5) They provide the tracking number to track your application & link to check the certification queue
6) I started the certification process in Mid April 2019 & completed by End of October 2019

Best of luck guys !!!
junegloom,

Thanks for the insight.
Can you please give some more info into the following:
1. Ethics Exam (Very Easy) - It says, it can be taken only once and need 75% to pass. Can you give some more insight?
2. Reference Letters - Again, for these they need referees to provide references on their company's letterhead. Can you confirm if you did the same please?
3. Certification process - Since for you, it took more than 5 months to get the certification, can you please answer the dreaded question i.e.
Does your intended occupation or job offer require Professional Certification or Licensure?* : YES/NO

Your answers are really helpful.

canpr80

Sep 17, 2020
Hi,

I got my express entry invitation for 2nd September with cutoff of 475.
I m in Melbourne and it’s under stage4 lockdown and curfew and god knows when it’s gonna end. There is no medical test happening in Melbourne as centres are closed.
In case these centres don’t open till my 90 days expires, then can we plea for extension and show them proof that centres are closed and we can’t do anything about it???? Any hopes??
Regards
Kunal
I found out this. AM not sure how helpful it is but will give you some insight.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams.html
https://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/en-ca/knowledge/publications/e4e6ed35/immigration-and-covid-19-dont-take-anything-for-granted

IN summary.
"An additional 90 days for temporary residents who need to submit documents for their files to continue to process – no application in progress will be closed or refused due to lack of documentation (for example, if it is impossible to obtain a police certificate, medical record, transcript, certified documents, etc.);

Biometrics deadlines are automatically extended by 90 days;
"

junegloom

Jan 15, 2019
junegloom,

Thanks for the insight.
Can you please give some more info into the following:
1. Ethics Exam (Very Easy) - It says, it can be taken only once and need 75% to pass. Can you give some more insight?
2. Reference Letters - Again, for these they need referees to provide references on their company's letterhead. Can you confirm if you did the same please?
3. Certification process - Since for you, it took more than 5 months to get the certification, can you please answer the dreaded question i.e.
Does your intended occupation or job offer require Professional Certification or Licensure?* : YES/NO

Your answers are really helpful.
1) I didn't remember exactly, but they provided some example before the exam to practice, trust me, it is very easy. http://www.cips.ca/?q=system/files/CIPS_COE_final_2007.pdf

2) Yes, I have provided the scanned version of the standard reference letters ( with company letterhead)

3) I don't know about it as i am not SINP applicant yet. But since i have done my license process already, please feel free to ask if you need further info.

Cheers !!

Dec 13, 2019
2) Mary Jean asked me to read this http://www.cips.ca/CertificationApplications and suggested to go for I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience route (yours might be different)
3) Upgrade ECA to course-by-course (please note that WES needs to send this directly to CIPS) - It takes around one week in my case to upgrade
4) Once everything is ready (Application Form, Reference Letters, Ethics Exam (Very Easy), Payment, Resume, WES course-by-course Reference number with a completion date), sent all the documentation to certification@cips.ca to do the processing
5) They provide the tracking number to track your application & link to check the certification queue
6) I started the certification process in Mid April 2019 & completed by End of October 2019

Best of luck guys !!!
Thank you! I contacted CIPS and got the same reply from Mary Jean to go for ISP (Education + Experience) route.

Reactions: junegloom

canpr80

Sep 17, 2020
1) I didn't remember exactly, but they provided some example before the exam to practice, trust me, it is very easy. http://www.cips.ca/?q=system/files/CIPS_COE_final_2007.pdf

2) Yes, I have provided the scanned version of the standard reference letters ( with company letterhead)

3) I don't know about it as i am not SINP applicant yet. But since i have done my license process already, please feel free to ask if you need further info.

Cheers !!
Thank You.

Reactions: junegloom

hiteshk

Sep 17, 2020
I am also taking education plus experience route for certification. I have the confirmation from SINP that till we submit our certification, our application will be on hold. So start asap on certification.

Reactions: canpr80

Aneudupi

Dec 26, 2018
hi All,
My NOC is 2174 and education is BE in the Computer Science stream( i also have MCA). I heard that people with BE in CS have to go with APEGS whereas those with B.Sc. in CS should go with CIPS.
Is my understanding right? anyone here with the same requirements?

Aneudupi

Dec 26, 2018
Hi All,
I have another query.. regarding POF's.. in which section(Part) of our SINP profile, do we need to update POF's details?. I did not see any separate section for this..

MH Abrar

Sep 1, 2020
My mother has double masters (1.home economics 2.Education)
So,if she sends this for ECA. Then will she get masters education point? Or she will get the point of Bachelor?

harsh_SINP

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020

Best of luck guys !!!
Hello,

I have sent the application to WES for course by course upgrade and have also sent them the transcripts and other documents.
1) What are the next steps for CIPS certification?
2) How to start with the process?
3) Do i need to first become a CIPS member and then give the exam?
4) How long the CIPS process take to give the test and become a member?

Thanks,

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
My mother has double masters (1.home economics 2.Education)
So,if she sends this for ECA. Then will she get masters education point? Or she will get the point of Bachelor?
I she had four years bachelor then awarded Master's or if she has done three years bachelor then counted double bachelor's degree. (WES)

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
Hi All,
I have another query.. regarding POF's.. in which section(Part) of our SINP profile, do we need to update POF's details?. I did not see any separate section for this..
You got invitation to apply?

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
Hi All,
if you got invitation to apply, then its required to fill in part 2 in your profile .

MH Abrar

Sep 1, 2020
I she had four years bachelor then awarded Master's or if she has done three years bachelor then counted double bachelor's degree. (WES)
Ok.
So you mean to say if she has masters degree then she will be awarded with masters degree.as in she will get the point of masters degree?