Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
lenardparnold said:
I'll just re-cap with everything I have an include the new proof I sent last month (photos of packages including to/from addresses/names and dates) and explain how our condo and room we rented after and internet bills were all in her name. Even my 750cc sports bike was in her name because to put it in mine you need additional documents that you have to pay $50 for at the canadian embassy.. Etc.
How long did they give you to send in the proof?

Get a bank account in your name, all you need is a visitors Visa at Kbank. Make sure the same address is used, you might need your wife to go along with you and bring her house book.

Change your pay as you go to monthly bill right now..takes ten minutes if you are with AIS, DTAC or True, you can then log in to the online portal and print out your account statement with your address listed. Again you only need to take your passport to have this done.

Go get your Thai driver's license takes about two hours and if you have a valid Canadian license they will waive part of the process for you again make sure it's at the address you are living at.

Not sure why you put the bike in her name my car is in my name and my wife's car is in her name. It was simple to have it done.

You can't get Internet or Utilities bills etc in your name unless you have a work permit which I gather you do not. So those are out, but you can also get her parents to write a letter confirming you live there and for how long and then have it translated (by one of the certified places on Suk near wireless road) to English assuming her parents don't write English very well.

Anyone else that knows you are living together can also write letters for you.

If you have a room in the house that is just for you and your wife the take some photos of you guys in there, showing your clothes all there and toiletries etc...

That is all I can think of off the top of my head and I am sure there is more but you can do all of the above in less than a week or two and I imagine they've given you at least 30 days... just get a move on and do it.

Also curious when you started living in Thailand did you not register at the Canadian Embassy like they suggest you do? This is a very good method of making sure they have your address on file if they need to contact you in an emergency of course but also another great proof of residence coming from another Gov't agency...

Let us know how it goes.

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Thanks for the info. You gave me a couple ideas.

I will change my phone when I get back to a non-pay as you go. I'm heading back on Sunday and the first day back we are doing her medical in Bangkok and inquiring about my driver's liscence and then heading back to Burirum. The pictures of our room at her parents house and her parents signing a letter is a good idea. I will then just have to get it translated.

We already have a joint account so I'm not going to make the bank account.

I already have a Thai car and mocyc lisence on me now, but the new ones don't show my address on them, even though I did have to get that letter from the embassy showing my address to get them. I'm going to inquire at the land transportation department and canadian embassy to see if i can get any documents that show my name and address.

I think I have 60 days to sumbit the proof, but could the package out probably a week from now.

I also found some other good proof. A package that was sent from the university i was at right to my wife's condo when I order transcripts. And also some more old letters (dated with addresses) sent to me and my wife for our birthday at our old condoo. I also have a couple packages that were sent to me at her parents house more recently, again from my mom when she sent me some computer games... I will also go over some small proof from the original package that showed me giving my mom my address whenever i moved in some old emails. I can proove all addresses mentioned are of my wife's (3) with documents. 1 condo, 1 business lease for our second place in the time weve been together, and her birth certificate and ID shows her parents house adress where we current reside.

Thanks for the ideas and insight and for still coming back to help even after you've landed.

I'm feeling more confident now. Thanks for a couple ideas.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
lenardparnold said:
Thanks for the info. You gave me a couple ideas.

Thanks for the ideas and insight and for still coming back to help even after you've landed.

I'm feeling more confident now. Thanks for a couple ideas.
Sounds like you have a few more good ideas to work on and I am glad if I helped in anyway... the trick with these applications is often not whether the relationship is real or not but rather can you prove it.. and more often than not if it is real then the proof will be there you might have to dig it up a bit is all.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
My wife got her passport request today. ;D

I saw on the forum everybody is sending there passports Directly to Singapore. BUT my wifes letter says to send the passport and request letter to Ho chi Minh city or Hanoi??? I guess they will send it from there. We have been waiting since April 2010!!! I hope this will be over soon. Thought I would keep your guys updated!

ggood

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
Coquitlam, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 06 2009
File Transfer...
14 08 2009
Med's Request
02 02 2010 requested for other paper work
Med's Done....
19 04 2010 "Medical results have been received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 04 2010
VISA ISSUED...
10 05 2010
LANDED..........
13 05 2010
Solid said:

I saw on the forum everybody is sending there passports Directly to Singapore. BUT my wifes letter says to send the passport and request letter to Ho chi Minh city or Hanoi??? I guess they will send it from there. We have been waiting since April 2010!!! I hope this will be over soon. Thought I would keep your guys updated!
WOW allmost over for you. I remember the day when we got our request driveing to work and the lawyer called and she had 30 days to leave befor hed meds would expire! Then it felt like it was too fast...

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Solid said:

Congrats and just send the Passport wherever the letter tells you to. Our letter clearly stated SG but we chose to fly there instead take the middle man out.

You are almost there now... feeling good I'm sure

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Anyone from Quebec. Anyone sponsor wife throught Singapore visa office by Quebec residence.
I would like to know after how many days ecas update or change any status after you receive CSQ ( Quebec Selection certificate).
Mine is not change since i get approved from CIC-M.
When Quebec MICC send me the approval letter, they written they send a copy to CIC-M and a copy to Singapore Visa office. Still do i need to send any copy of my CSQ? Because i received two letters. One has written my name and another one has written my wife name.

here is my Status since i get approved from CIC-M

We received your application to sponsor XX(My wife name) on May 25, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 28, 2011.

We sent you a letter on June 28, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We forwarded your application to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) on June 28, 2011.

I was approved from Quebec MICC on 28th July.

Please anyone can answer me please.
Thank You

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
Bangkokcanuk

"Congrats and just send the Passport wherever the letter tells you to. Our letter clearly stated SG but we chose to fly there instead take the middle man out."

This is what I want to do as well. They say they can stamp her passport in 3 business days? Is this a standard option that they let you know of when they request the passport or do you have to inqire about it as a special request to give it in person and have it stamped to pick it up a couple days later?

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
lenardparnold said:
Bangkokcanuk

"Congrats and just send the Passport wherever the letter tells you to. Our letter clearly stated SG but we chose to fly there instead take the middle man out."

This is what I want to do as well. They say they can stamp her passport in 3 business days? Is this a standard option that they let you know of when they request the passport or do you have to inqire about it as a special request to give it in person and have it stamped to pick it up a couple days later?
On the letter than came your options were,

1. Envelope: Include a SASE etc...etc...

2. Courier: If you plan to use a courier they ask you to include an account number for a courier to be used.

3. In person:

If residing in SG drop it off any day between 8:30 and 12:30 and allow two weeks for pick up.

If residing overseas, allow 2 - 3 working days to process your Visa.

Everyone I have talked to said it was ready for pick up on the second day.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
mirjahan said:
Anyone from Quebec. Anyone sponsor wife throught Singapore visa office by Quebec residence.
I would like to know after how many days ecas update or change any status after you receive CSQ ( Quebec Selection certificate).
Mine is not change since i get approved from CIC-M.
When Quebec MICC send me the approval letter, they written they send a copy to CIC-M and a copy to Singapore Visa office. Still do i need to send any copy of my CSQ? Because i received two letters. One has written my name and another one has written my wife name.

here is my Status since i get approved from CIC-M

We received your application to sponsor XX(My wife name) on May 25, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 28, 2011.

We sent you a letter on June 28, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We forwarded your application to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) on June 28, 2011.

I was approved from Quebec MICC on 28th July.

Please anyone can answer me please.

Anyone have answer for me please.And "Bangkokcanuck" yours is done quickly cong :D. I wish mine will be done quickly too.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
mirjahan said:
Anyone have answer for me please.And "Bangkokcanuck" yours is done quickly cong :D. I wish mine will be done quickly too.
yeah we were very lucky we had a painfully simple and straight forward case. The one woman we spoke to at the Embassy laughed and said they wished all the cases were as simple as ours. She did make one curious comment though, which I had often wondered about. She said that some applications come bogged down with SO MUCH stuff it's almost like the applicants are trying to "baffle them with BS" rather than just cutting to the chase. Give some basic examples of things, make it clear more is available on request and not drown the VO in paperwork. Now do keep in mind this was only her opinion and I'm sure not a policy but I did always wonder about those applications that were boxes of papers.. I know if it was me I would want to avoid that case like the plague.. but I am basically pretty lazy ;D

Cheers

May 11, 2011
Bangkokcanuck said:
yeah we were very lucky we had a painfully simple and straight forward case. The one woman we spoke to at the Embassy laughed and said they wished all the cases were as simple as ours. She did make one curious comment though, which I had often wondered about. She said that some applications come bogged down with SO MUCH stuff it's almost like the applicants are trying to "baffle them with BS" rather than just cutting to the chase. Give some basic examples of things, make it clear more is available on request and not drown the VO in paperwork. Now do keep in mind this was only her opinion and I'm sure not a policy but I did always wonder about those applications that were boxes of papers.. I know if it was me I would want to avoid that case like the plague.. but I am basically pretty lazy ;D
Hey Canuck,
This is the point that I wanted to raise for a while now, supporting documents. As you can see, it is sometime very hard for the applicants to decide on which documents to submit, not to mention they fear from submitting less would cause longer processing time. A good supporting document may be very much case-specific. It sometimes boggles my mind that CIC does ask for photocopies/unofficial copies of most of the documents then why not have a system where the applicant can upload the document (scan and upload) to the system. In that way they will have less paperworks to deal with and the applicants will be assured of not losing anytime in terms of documents handling. I know it is easier said than done, but it is good option to think about.
All I am saying, ask for some firm evidence (e.g., marriage certificate, boarding passes, police clerance etc.) that is a minimum and then if required ask for more, which won't take them 3 months to process. For example, I know of some applicants submitting 100s of pictures which is totally unnecessary to me, however they might have reason for that. Now if CIC puts a limit to that people will be working more towards being more effective than bulking up.
Communication is two-way street, you got to think about both to make it efficient.

Cindyha

Jun 30, 2011
Hello. Can any one tell me, I sent more document such as the letter from my husband that said about our relationships and the name and telephone number of family member of my husband and employer and friends for proof our relationship and update picture to The Canadian Hight Commission, One george St.#11-01,Singapore 049145 Singapore by registered mail? Will they got my document? I knew some CIC offices they notice not accept registered mail.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Cheers said:
Hey Canuck,
This is the point that I wanted to raise for a while now, supporting documents. As you can see, it is sometime very hard for the applicants to decide on which documents to submit, not to mention they fear from submitting less would cause longer processing time. A good supporting document may be very much case-specific. It sometimes boggles my mind that CIC does ask for photocopies/unofficial copies of most of the documents then why not have a system where the applicant can upload the document (scan and upload) to the system. In that way they will have less paperworks to deal with and the applicants will be assured of not losing anytime in terms of documents handling. I know it is easier said than done, but it is good option to think about.
All I am saying, ask for some firm evidence (e.g., marriage certificate, boarding passes, police clerance etc.) that is a minimum and then if required ask for more, which won't take them 3 months to process. For example, I know of some applicants submitting 100s of pictures which is totally unnecessary to me, however they might have reason for that. Now if CIC puts a limit to that people will be working more towards being more effective than bulking up.
Communication is two-way street, you got to think about both to make it efficient.
After having gone through this process I am a firm believer now in having a standardized system, asking for A, B & C, if those basic criteria are met which of course needs to be determined what they would be. Everyone should then be called for an interview. I think a million papers and photos will never tell a VO as much as a face to face.. again simply my opinion but clearly the system as is right is not working very well and any and all suggestions to get it back on track should be considered.

As for the scanning and sending documents trust me its very easy back in 2005 the Children's Service Division of the city of Toronto started a system that allowed scanned documents that could be input by reception staff or emailed by clients and they were stored centrally and any case worker could pull them on their desktop...cut down the paperwork by a massive amount... if T.O. can do it I am sure the Feds can if they don't already.