Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
As a Quebec resident don't we have file transfer on our ecas? Does it mean our file is still in CIC-M center?

I send a mail to Singapore Visa office. They reply me back within 6 hours was so fast reply from them.
here is their answer
"Spore office received your CSQ. File is now in queue awaiting review by officer. Please wait to receive further instructions, if any, from this office."
On title added "F0000*****"

Is this a bad sign for queue waitting review by officer ??
Thanks

And what is the diffrent start with B or F?

salman_2011

May 11, 2011
hello-kitty said:
Hi lenardparnold and Bangkokcanucks,

I updated my ecas just now .

It said...We received xxx's application for permanent residence on November 12, 2010.

We started processing xxx's application on June 2, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

You guys think I'll get a good news soon?

You will receive good news soon as it says "Medical results have been received"

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
I have a question .. please answer
Does Singapore visa office send AOR letter or CIC-M will send?
I did not receive any kind of this letter, i am bit confuse about AOR.
Normaly who does send and who will get this AOR letter.
My wife did not receive anything not even an e-mail.

Sunshineee

Jun 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 April 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 May 2011
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
13 May 2011
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
22 Feb 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21 July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
08 Aug 2011
LANDED..........
October 2011
Hi All! :D
just want to let you know that finally i've got my visa ....start counting my days now! ;) :)

Wish all the best for everyone....

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Sunshineee said:
just want to let you know that finally i've got my visa ....start counting my days now! ;) :)

congratulations . I wish mine will be take same is yours time.

Sunshineee

Jun 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 April 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 May 2011
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
13 May 2011
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
22 Feb 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21 July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
08 Aug 2011
LANDED..........
October 2011
mirjahan said:
congratulations . I wish mine will be take same is yours time.
Thank you!! :D :) just keep positive thinking...
wish u all the best!! ;) :D

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Sunshineee said:

congratulations and all the best.

baobaowaiting

Aug 11, 2011
Sunshineee said:

Can you share some general information on your case? 4 months is quite fast for the general malaise that this office usually moves long at.

Quick synopsis of my case:

Introduced to my future wife back in 2009 by a friend of mine living in Toronto (I'm from Toronto).

Our long distance relationship flourished and we were married in February of 2010. Stayed in Vietnam for about 4 weeks. Went back home to Toronto, was informed by many people that I should go back at least once more before filing our papers. Went back to Vietnam for 2 weeks in October 2010. Came back and submitted our application in December 2010. Was approved in January 2011, case passed on to Singapore and received in Singapore on January 20th 2011.

Online website shows very little movement. 2-3 months after waiting, status changed to Medical papers received. Then shortly there after it was changed back to papers received. It's been about 4 months since then. What's the hold up?

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
baobaowaiting said:
Introduced to my future wife back in 2009 by a friend of mine living in Toronto (I'm from Toronto).

Our long distance relationship flourished and we were married in February of 2010. Stayed in Vietnam for about 4 weeks. Went back home to Toronto, was informed by many people that I should go back at least once more before filing our papers. Went back to Vietnam for 2 weeks in October 2010. Came back and submitted our application in December 2010. Was approved in January 2011, case passed on to Singapore and received in Singapore on January 20th 2011.

Online website shows very little movement. 2-3 months after waiting, status changed to Medical papers received. Then shortly there after it was changed back to papers received. It's been about 4 months since then. What's the hold up?
Hmmm I hope you are being at least somewhat sarcastic, the stated processing time for SG is currently at 20 months meaning you are still well within the time frame of the office. As we have learned every case is totally different so just relax go with the flow.

You don't say what month in 2009 you met your wife or if it was an online meeting or in person, but giving you the benefit of the doubt and saying it was mid year, that would mean according to your dates above you've known your wife for perhaps two years? Mid 2009 to now, mid 2011 and from what you write or what I take from it, you've spent a grand total of 6 weeks in person with her?

Unless you have spent more time than the six weeks you've referenced I am not sure exactly how extensive the "proof" you sent could be, so I think under those circumstances you are really have not been waiting an overly long period of time in the grand scheme of things I mean of course.

Also you do give very minor details about the relationships so it is hard to say more than just an off the cuff guess at things.

baobaowaiting

Aug 11, 2011
Bangkokcanuck said:
Hmmm I hope you are being at least somewhat sarcastic, the stated processing time for SG is currently at 20 months meaning you are still well within the time frame of the office. As we have learned every case is totally different so just relax go with the flow.

You don't say what month in 2009 you met your wife or if it was an online meeting or in person, but giving you the benefit of the doubt and saying it was mid year, that would mean according to your dates above you've known your wife for perhaps two years? Mid 2009 to now, mid 2011 and from what you write or what I take from it, you've spent a grand total of 6 weeks in person with her?

Unless you have spent more time than the six weeks you've referenced I am not sure exactly how extensive the "proof" you sent could be, so I think under those circumstances you are really have not been waiting an overly long period of time in the grand scheme of things I mean of course.

Also you do give very minor details about the relationships so it is hard to say more than just an off the cuff guess at things.
I am aware that January 20th until now is nowhere near 20 months, I was curious about how it's possible for someone else to get it done in 4 months and I just added in some basic info about my case on top.

It's definitely true that I haven't spent years and years with my wife in person. It's impossible, I'm a middle class and overtaxed Canadian, I can't just take 6 months off at a time to be with her. If I'm unemployed and broke, that's probably a large dagger in our case file as well.

With regards to proof, we have the usual, phone records, msn chat logs, emails, snail mail letters, money transfer receipts etc.

With our wedding, we had a whirlwind tour. I arrived in Saigon with my father (from Toronto), and we quickly headed north to my wife's home province of Dak Nong, we spoke to the local priest to ensure that we could have a church wedding the following day. I also had relatives from Michigan accompany us to our wedding as well (they're originally from Can Tho, my mother's side). After our first wedding ceremony, we had a day of rest.

The following day we traveled back south to Can Tho and had a reception there as well with guests primarily from my mother's side as well as my new in-laws.

The day after that we traveled further south to Bac Lieu (my father's side), for another reception. Once again my Michigan relatives, my father, and my in-laws were there.

Two days after that we traveled to Nha Trang for our honeymoon.

After that we went back to visit our relatives in Saigon, Bac Lieu, and Can Tho before I had to fly back to the daily grind in Toronto.

Months pass and we kept our relationship strong despite the distance between us. I flew back in October 2010, and we were able to spend more time together.

Finally submitted our application in Canada in December 2010, was approved and transferred to Singapore on January 20th 2011 (it was a 16 month wait time back then).

The only change that I've noticed was at one point it said Medical Papers Received, but it has reverted back to Application Received.

I am aware that one of the big issues is that the Canadian Government doesn't want an influx of scam marriages, although plenty of them get through anyway. I would like to believe a scam marriage would involve fairly wealthy people from outside of Canada (my in-laws do "well" but are not rich). And for whatever profit a potential scammer would gain, having their father tag along for the ride would cut into the profits sharply too. And the odds of bringing in American relatives to 3 different cities for the various wedding activities would be a stretch.

Ultimately I understand that this is still fairly early in the proceedings, and I am more impatient than I am upset.

JT1979

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010 - Mississauga
AOR Received.
06-05-2010 - App Approved
File Transfer...
17-05-2010 - Singapore
Med's Request
1st Meds done in Feb 2010 - 2nd - 10-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
24-05-2011
Passport Req..
28/06/2011 - Got Email with Doc ( POV - Promise of Visa Letter) - Passport with letter given to IOM on 28/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
LANDED..........
Wife and Son Landed on Nov 22, 2011.
baobaowaiting,

you did all that for the wedding in 4 weeks? thats pretty fast. it took us almost 3 months. reception day, wedding day, and all that and getting marriage certificate and doing all the tests required for it. and didnt have time to go on honeymoon and we submitted our application with no honeymoon stuff.

but my wife was slated on the interview list a month later after singapore got our application, they got our app around June 17 and informed us like on June 25 2010 that she was on the waiting list for interview. then she got letter in late April to interview on May 24th 2011 i think. but that time she had a huge carry bag of proof she brought with her, and the IO looked at it for 15mins before calling her in and talked with her for 30mins. they asked her few things about the application and rest was about casual talk.

- I went back to vietnam in Dec 2008 and met her in Jan 2009 and left on the 30th of Jan 2009
- I went back on Dec 24 2009 and we got married on Jan 29 2010 and left vietnam on March 16 2010
- I went back on Dec 14 2010 and she got pregnant on late Dec 2010 and I left Feb 6 2011
- I am going back on Aug 29 2011 and waiting for our Kid to be born and do his paperwork and bring my wife and my kid over to Canada.

I was checking the Ecas everyday and was pissed off everytime but grew into it because we knew we had to wait for letter for interview so the waiting just didnt bother me because i was going back to see my wife again. but it could be a lengthy wait if you get on the waiting list for interview.

Best wishes to All that is still waiting.

Cheers

May 11, 2011
I Don't think it matters much how long have you been married and stayed together for. I know of people who got married, stayed toegther for 2 years and then applied, took them about 1 year to get approved. On the other side, I know of people got married (arranged), stayed together for 2 weeks, husband came back and applied, got approved in 4 months.
So it really depends on the VO in charge, you can provide all the documents (perfect and straight forward according to you) but the VO may look at it in a completely different way. No case is straightfoward and in another way, every case is ---- it's the VO who decides which one is. Nothing you or I can do about it ::).

trungngan

Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
27-05-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
28-02-2011
Passport Req..
03-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2011
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
mirjahan said:
On title added "F0000*****"

Is this a bad sign for queue waitting review by officer ??
Thanks

And what is the diffrent start with B or F?
My wife file is also start with F0000***** I don't know what's the difference most of my friend start with B , so what's up with F is no one know

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
trungngan said:
My wife file is also start with F0000***** I don't know what's the difference most of my friend start with B , so what's up with F is no one know
Is your wife receive AOR letter , my wife did not receive anything from Singapore. The B file number, i received it from singapore office when they reply my e-mail..

trungngan

Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
27-05-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
28-02-2011
Passport Req..
03-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2011
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
mirjahan said:
Is your wife receive AOR letter , my wife did not receive anything from Singapore. The B file number, i received it from singapore office when they reply my e-mail..
hum ?? I thought your wife's file start with F ??

We never received anything (in form of letter), we only receive from email. SG typed in te wrong address for my wife, we email them and got reply with the file number start with F.