02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
congrats mom of 2, its a positive news! ull be getting ur passport very soon! all the best

Mom_of_2

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2012
AOR Received.
05/2012
File Transfer...
01/2013
Med's Request
01/03/2013
Med's Done....
Sent 14/03/2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01/03/2013 sent 14/03/2013 recvd by SVO 19/03/2013
Thanks Shiny88 In shaa allah I hope so. How are you doing? How is the baby??

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
breaking news......breaking news......breaking news.......breaking news
Minister of immigration and citizenship Canada has been changed to Chris Alexander former minister was Jason Kenney
CBC.ca

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
D.N.A request 29/5/2013- D.N.A result 10/9/2013
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
thanks goodman,
for d reply...in this forum i found an bangladeshi who submit passport in person n got that back with visa d very same day but im confused coz i found another bangladeshi who got refused to submit it in person when he ask permission for it by emailing them.......i also noticed that some ppl get re medical req with passport req together but some ppl get passport req after 2 to 3 month of doing re medical.these things r really confusing.why this discrimination?? why different laws?? i guess they only allow taking passport in person when they ask passport separately not with re medical.....

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
D.N.A request 29/5/2013- D.N.A result 10/9/2013
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
is that goni2 make any difference in our processing time! i dont think so..........

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AKHI said:
thanks goodman,
for d reply...in this forum i found an bangladeshi who submit passport in person n got that back with visa d very same day but im confused coz i found another bangladeshi who got refused to submit it in person when he ask permission for it by emailing them.......i also noticed that some ppl get re medical req with passport req together but some ppl get passport req after 2 to 3 month of doing re medical.these things r really confusing.why this discrimination?? why different laws?? i guess they only allow taking passport in person when they ask passport separately not with re medical.....
If the Passport request doesn't come in the same mail/ e-mail of re-medical, then after a re-medical request, depending on the visa officer's review of the file (if he feels all the security check has been done and their is no other concern about the file), the applicant may receive another mail which contains Passport request. Usually, the Passport request may come shortly after the re-medical request or after a few weeks. I have seen that the instruction in the passport request says to send in the Passport 6 weeks after the Applicant has done the re-medical. That way, the visa office will have received the medical result by the time the passport arrives to the visa office.

As for your question about picking passport in-person from Singapore; in the instruction for sending passport, they provide an Appendix A, which basically is an information sheet for the persons whose passport(s) are being send (their could be more then 1 passport for example if their are dependent children). At the bottom of this Appendix A, their is an option of how the Applicant wishes to pick-up the Passport(s). You may check beside 'In person' option. BUT THE PROBLEM IS, IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION, YOU HAVE TO SEND PASSPORT(S) BY MAIL ANYWAY AND THEN THEY WILL SEND YOU ANOTHER MAIL FOR YOU TO PICK-UP THE PASSPORT(S) IN-PERSON FROM SINGAPORE. This will take more time as you don't know when the SVO will send you the mail/e-mail for you to pick-up the passport(s), so you don't know when to buy the plane ticket. All things considered, VFS seems the quickest option.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Davidsuchet said:
breaking news......breaking news......breaking news.......breaking news
Minister of immigration and citizenship Canada has been changed to Chris Alexander former minister was Jason Kenney
CBC.ca
We have to see, if anything changes. He is of the same party. I doubt, if he will be any different. but, I hope he is.

Usually what happens is that we are active now in this forum, but once our application is complete, we tend to forget things and have an attitude of letting things go.

We must not forget what we all had to go through. Remember this when you become a voter and take a vow to support only candidates who understands that regulations and rules are not an excuse to keep family members wait for years to reunite. Specifically vote for someone who promises to end the discrepancy of time it takes for the application to be finalized among different visa offices.

Mom_of_2

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2012
AOR Received.
05/2012
File Transfer...
01/2013
Med's Request
01/03/2013
Med's Done....
Sent 14/03/2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01/03/2013 sent 14/03/2013 recvd by SVO 19/03/2013
OMG I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! Allahhumdalilah my husbands passport has been released from Singapore!!!!! But we still haven't recived any email from our lawyers with the letter of approval. My husband just saw this morning on VFS tracking that it has been released. These next few days will be tense until we get the passport in our hands!!

Please all of you pray for us. I am praying that you all here something soon on your case in shaa allah.

I wish that on ECAS when it says Decision made, that they would just tell you the decision right away instead of making you wait.

The final wait........

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mom_of_2 said:
OMG I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! Allahhumdalilah my husbands passport has been released from Singapore!!!!! But we still haven't recived any email from our lawyers with the letter of approval. My husband just saw this morning on VFS tracking that it has been released. These next few days will be tense until we get the passport in our hands!!

Please all of you pray for us. I am praying that you all here something soon on your case in shaa allah.

I wish that on ECAS when it says Decision made, that they would just tell you the decision right away instead of making you wait.

The final wait........
I am happy for you. Your long wait is over. The Passport will arrive soon. Rejoice :)

If the Passport was send then surely it will have visa stamped and COPR attached/enclosed in an envelope. Your husband doesn't need anything else to come to Canada!

singaporeVO

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
August 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 31, 2012
Med's Request
July 04, 2013
Med's Done....
April 29, 2012
Mom_of_2 said:
The final wait........

Hi Mom_of_2: I was guessing exactly the same. Your husband's VISA is on the way to VFS.. If they refuse him or reject his application, why would they ask for Passport in the first place ? Is't it right ? Finally your wait is over.....Congratulations !!

samkh

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/May/2012
Doc's Request.
13/Aug/2012
Nomination.....
12/July/2013 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
24/Aug/2012
Med's Request
04/July/2013
Med's Done....
1st on 21/March/2012 & 2nd on 05/July/2013
Interview........
Waived, Ecase In Process 04/July/2013
Passport Req..
10/Oct/2013, Mail over on 07/Nov/2013
VISA ISSUED...
13/Nov/2013, Decision Made 24/Nov/2013, Complete 13/De/2013
LANDED..........
13/Dec/2013
Mom_of_2 said:

The final wait........
So happy for u , Ur wait is over

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
Mom_of_2 said:

The final wait........
Congratulations.......Finally....... That is good news for all of us...Thank God

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
goodman36 said:
We have to see, if anything changes. He is of the same party. I doubt, if he will be any different. but, I hope he is.

Usually what happens is that we are active now in this forum, but once our application is complete, we tend to forget things and have an attitude of letting things go.

We must not forget what we all had to go through. Remember this when you become a voter and take a vow to support only candidates who understands that regulations and rules are not an excuse to keep family members wait for years to reunite. Specifically vote for someone who promises to end the discrepancy of time it takes for the application to be finalized among different visa offices.
I will never ever forget these killing waiting time, I got 5 years older in these 6 months, however personally looking at this change optimistically.

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived- Ecas-In process (Nov-18th, 2013)
Passport Req..
23-11-2013 (Mailed over-9-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
Its been 17 months for me..

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
04-2016 - DNA TEST Appointment
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
ECAS changed to In Progress on 10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Mom_of_2 said:

The final wait........
Congrats ... Finally ur waiting is alomost over. Best of luck.