File Transfer...
August 31, 2012
Med's Request
July 04, 2013
Med's Done....
April 29, 2012
Mom_of_2 said:
Thank you! I have sent a few emails but unfortunately no response :(
I am hoping that since it has changed to Decision made, that we will hear something soon!
Hi Mom_of_2: I wanna share with you one example. One of my known persons used to email them and call the CIC call centre almost every week. Finally what happened to his wife ? Got interview. After interview, got PPR and finally CIC Singapore returned his wife's passport with VISA after 7 months. He lives one block from me, and I know him personally that he is so impatient in any matter in his life. Guess what, total wait time was for his wife almost 27 months and it was in 2012 when the Singapore CIC wait time was listed online 18-22 months. I am sharing this information so that some forum members stay aware of the negative impacts of contacting CIC Singapore repeatedly with the query of "Status" does NOT help at all. Working style of CIC Singapore is little different than many other CIC offices. Again, remember CIC Singapore deals with applications from 10-11 countries !! which is little too much. Please don't get me wrong and I am NOT discouraging anybody to contact them but make sure it is necessary for updating any information.......

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
To SingaporeVO,Goodman36 and Samkh;
I would like to share my experience with medical exam
The day that I went to the hospital for my medical exam I was the last patient. When I went to the doctor's office, she was working with her computer and she told me that I have to wait for few minutes because she is registering a profile under my name on CIC medical software.
Then she printed out a paper and ask me to sign that, when I did that then she started talking " That we scan the paper that you sign and attach to your medical result and save them in your profile that we made on CIC medical software, then visa office can access to your result. Then I told her that I thought you would send them by mail, she told me no that was the former procedure for medical exams. Then she told me the medical result will be ready after one week and CIC can access it immediately.
I know It does not help, you already did the medical exam. this is the way that SVO accesses to our medical , not by mail.

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Mom_of_2 said:
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been on....can anyone tell me how long after "Decision made" shows on ECAS do we get notification about what the decision is??

My husband's ECAS changed to Decision made on Monday 8th!!! I am both excited but also worried incase it is not a positive result!

Please pray for us!! Really worried!! ???
Hi Mom_of_2

Since there wasn't an interview to determine whether your relationship was genuine, the DM is a positive one!!!
Congratulations :)

Mom_of_2

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2012
AOR Received.
05/2012
File Transfer...
01/2013
Med's Request
01/03/2013
Med's Done....
Sent 14/03/2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01/03/2013 sent 14/03/2013 recvd by SVO 19/03/2013
Thank you all for your replies!! Actually our case is quite complicated....we have been applying for the past 10 years ever since we got married in 2003. For many different personal reasons we didn't get the approval...so it has been a really really tiring, frustrating, long wait for us. This time it seems like everything is in order, but now maybe you all can understand why I am a little bit worried. As for sending emails to Singapore, I was refering to my whole 10 year experience and not that I have been sending a lot of emails for this "decision made" question.

Thanks again :)

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mom_of_2 said:
Thank you all for your replies!! Actually our case is quite complicated....we have been applying for the past 10 years ever since we got married in 2003. For many different personal reasons we didn't get the approval...so it has been a really really tiring, frustrating, long wait for us. This time it seems like everything is in order, but now maybe you all can understand why I am a little bit worried. As for sending emails to Singapore, I was refering to my whole 10 year experience and not that I have been sending a lot of emails for this "decision made" question.

Hm. So sorry to hear hear that. I can't imagine what you have gone through.

I would agree with SingaporeVO of not e-maling the visa office too many times. Now that I hear your case is complicated, this delay seem consistent with the time period that it took for this far.

Hang in there. If you have not e-mailed or communicated with SVO since sending in the Psssport, then I don't see any harm of sending a letter to them (personally I believe in letter then e-mail).

Davidsuchet

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2013
AOR Received.
02-2013
File Transfer...
02-2013
Med's Done....
01-2013
Mom_of_2 said:

do not be worried you are almost at the end step, even if you send thousands of emails it does not force them to work, they do what ever they want, due to God knows what fact.

Mom_of_2

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2012
AOR Received.
05/2012
File Transfer...
01/2013
Med's Request
01/03/2013
Med's Done....
Sent 14/03/2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01/03/2013 sent 14/03/2013 recvd by SVO 19/03/2013
Thank you all for the kind words :)

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
04-2016 - DNA TEST Appointment
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
ECAS changed to In Progress on 10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Mom_of_2 said:

No worries... this time you will be fine insha allah.

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Davidsuchet said:
To SingaporeVO,Goodman36 and Samkh;
I would like to share my experience with medical exam
The day that I went to the hospital for my medical exam I was the last patient. When I went to the doctor's office, she was working with her computer and she told me that I have to wait for few minutes because she is registering a profile under my name on CIC medical software.
Then she printed out a paper and ask me to sign that, when I did that then she started talking " That we scan the paper that you sign and attach to your medical result and save them in your profile that we made on CIC medical software, then visa office can access to your result. Then I told her that I thought you would send them by mail, she told me no that was the former procedure for medical exams. Then she told me the medical result will be ready after one week and CIC can access it immediately.
I know It does not help, you already did the medical exam. this is the way that SVO accesses to our medical , not by mail.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Good to know this.

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Mom_of_2 said:
Thank you all for the kind words :)
You are welcome......!!!

Fortune89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-2015
File Transfer...
06-2015
Med's Request
07-2015
Med's Done....
09-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
cdnmom said:
Hi Mom_of_2

Since there wasn't an interview to determine whether your relationship was genuine, the DM is a positive one!!!
Congratulations :)
I agree with you. Congrats..........!!!!

kst

Jul 13, 2013
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and I don't know how to add the details of my application under my profile like you guys...so, i'm gonna explain it here for clarification:

I am Malaysian and my wife is a Canadian citizen and we were living in Malaysia. We submitted our application under the Family Class (sponsored spouse) living outside Canada in July 2012. My wife received an email from CPC Mississauga on 5 Oct 2012 notifying her that she has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor, and the application for Permanent Residence has been forwarded to a visa office abroad (Singapore) for further processing. [Note: I have done my medical test and submitted together (as a requirement under this class) with the entire application back in July 2012]

In January 2013, I wrote an email to the Singapore office to enquire about my options because my wife and I have decided to move to Canada asap and if I can convert my visitor visa to PR status in Canada instead. They replied with :

This Family Class application was received by our office on 2012/10/18 after being forwarded by Case Processing Centre Mississauga. Please note that we do not send an Acknowledgement of Receipt for sponsored spouse, partner, and child applications, given that they are processed very quickly. This application is currently pending initial review, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps.

We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. We continue to meet our commitment to a service standard of 6 months to finalization for at least 80% of cases for sponsored spouses, partners, and children. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is approved by Case Processing Centre Mississauga, after which it is sent to the visa office for further processing.

So, 6 months from the approved date would be April 2013! So my wife and I took a risky move of moving to Canada in late March 2013 and hoping to receive my PR soon (so my wife can get a head start looking for jobs). I am on a visitor visa of 6 months (expires in end of Sept 2013), and still no news about my application status. I have checked online and it just says Application Received. Medical results received. that's all. I have emailed them again but no reply. I'm getting more and more worried now because it's hard to get a job without work permit and my time is running out...

Does anyone know if Singapore office is affected by the strike? and if I can extend my stay in Canada and perhaps get an open work permit while waiting for my PR application? I read I can apply for an open work permit IF my application was applied inside Canada, but mine is oustide Canada. I just don't know if it is worth transferring my application from Singapore to Canada office after waiting for so long...(and the strike doesn't help at all..)
Is there anyone applying under the same category as I am? How long have you guys waited?

Thanks!

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kst said:
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and I don't know how to add the details of my application under my profile like you guys...so, i'm gonna explain it here for clarification:

I am Malaysian and my wife is a Canadian citizen and we were living in Malaysia. We submitted our application under the Family Class (sponsored spouse) living outside Canada in July 2012. My wife received an email from CPC Mississauga on 5 Oct 2012 notifying her that she has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor, and the application for Permanent Residence has been forwarded to a visa office abroad (Singapore) for further processing. [Note: I have done my medical test and submitted together (as a requirement under this class) with the entire application back in July 2012]

In January 2013, I wrote an email to the Singapore office to enquire about my options because my wife and I have decided to move to Canada asap and if I can convert my visitor visa to PR status in Canada instead. They replied with :

This Family Class application was received by our office on 2012/10/18 after being forwarded by Case Processing Centre Mississauga. Please note that we do not send an Acknowledgement of Receipt for sponsored spouse, partner, and child applications, given that they are processed very quickly. This application is currently pending initial review, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps.

We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. We continue to meet our commitment to a service standard of 6 months to finalization for at least 80% of cases for sponsored spouses, partners, and children. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is approved by Case Processing Centre Mississauga, after which it is sent to the visa office for further processing.

So, 6 months from the approved date would be April 2013! So my wife and I took a risky move of moving to Canada in late March 2013 and hoping to receive my PR soon (so my wife can get a head start looking for jobs). I am on a visitor visa of 6 months (expires in end of Sept 2013), and still no news about my application status. I have checked online and it just says Application Received. Medical results received. that's all. I have emailed them again but no reply. I'm getting more and more worried now because it's hard to get a job without work permit and my time is running out...

Does anyone know if Singapore office is affected by the strike? and if I can extend my stay in Canada and perhaps get an open work permit while waiting for my PR application? I read I can apply for an open work permit IF my application was applied inside Canada, but mine is oustide Canada. I just don't know if it is worth transferring my application from Singapore to Canada office after waiting for so long...(and the strike doesn't help at all..)
Is there anyone applying under the same category as I am? How long have you guys waited?

Thanks!
Kst, welcome to the forum

1. You have to post 10 times to be able to put timeline on the left. After you have done 10 post, you can do that by clicking PROFILE on the top right and then FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION on the left side

2. If Singapore visa office send you a note saying that they are trying to finalize 80% of the cases within 6 months, THEN THIS IS NEWS TO US. If you go to CIC's website, right now it is taking 26 months to complete. It doesn't mean some cases are not done before, but that is rare.

3. I would urge you not to e-mail to Singapore Visa Office again and again, as this just delays the processing. Your's and others.

4. You should appreciate the fact that you are in a TRV visa with your wife in Canada now. Most of us are away from our spouses and you will find many forum members here whose spouses application are in Singapore Visa Office for over 1 year and they haven't seen their spouses.

5. Since your application was sent as an out-land application, you may not get a work permit while on visit visa. However, their could be exception. You may speak to a lawyer or await answer from someone who know about this matter

6. I am not sure if you can transfer your application now from Singapore to Canada. As far as I know their is no strike in Singapore.

Based on some forum members recent posts, it seems you may hear something soon enough.

kst

Jul 13, 2013
goodman36 said:
Kst, welcome to the forum

1. You have to post 10 times to be able to put timeline on the left. After you have done 10 post, you can do that by clicking PROFILE on the top right and then FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION on the left side

2. If Singapore visa office send you a note saying that they are trying to finalize 80% of the cases within 6 months, THEN THIS IS NEWS TO US. If you go to CIC's website, right now it is taking 26 months to complete. It doesn't mean some cases are not done before, but that is rare.

3. I would urge you not to e-mail to Singapore Visa Office again and again, as this just delays the processing. Your's and others.

4. You should appreciate the fact that you are in a TRV visa with your wife in Canada now. Most of us are away from our spouses and you will find many forum members here whose spouses application are in Singapore Visa Office for over 1 year and they haven't seen their spouses.

5. Since your application was sent as an out-land application, you may not get a work permit while on visit visa. However, their could be exception. You may speak to a lawyer or await answer from someone who know about this matter

6. I am not sure if you can transfer your application now from Singapore to Canada. As far as I know their is no strike in Singapore.

Based on some forum members recent posts, it seems you may hear something soon enough.
Thanks goodman36 for your reply. Appreciate it. Ya, I'm considered lucky that I have a 5-year multiple entry visa (applied when we started dating 5 years ago), but expiring end of the year though.

I guess I just have to patiently wait for the result....and we might have to think of Plan-B as I have no idea how long more this is gonna take.Do you guys know what's the requirement for keeping the PR status active? I'm asking because our Plan-B would be moving to another country to work for a year or 2 before coming back to Canada. Thanks.

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
Hi,
I have a question regarding the medical exam. I am a PR and applying outland for my spouse living in Bangladesh.
For the immigration guide, what I understood that I have to ask her to do her medical from the prescribed physicians as mentioned in immigration site (already got the physician list for Bangladesh from cic site).
Lets say she take an appointment and do her medical. So now my question is:
1. After the medical do they give her the medical report to send to me as I am sending the whole thing to immigration or they will just give a receipt as a proof that her medical has been done from an authorized physician and they will send the report (they will send where?) ?
2. if they send the report then how they will track the medical report like will they ask for her passport or something to identify during medical exam as I haven't submitted the application yet so no file number or anything is created.

I am kind of confused with this medical step and need your help to clear this step.

Thanks a lot.