+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC / PCC

janepham

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Hi guys,

Thank you for your help so far.

So today I received an email from SPF saying that my COC has been approved and will be mailed in 2 days. Attached with the email is the similar receipt like last time, without any info on tracking number for Singpost. My question - anyone who received COC by mail before - did SPF let you know the tracking number and where would they give that info (mail/or online portal)? I checked the portal today and the status is just "Issued".

Should I call them to further enquire? Also, would the mail be registered or normal mail? I am just afraid that nobody's home to sign the package and the document gets lost.

Many thanks for your inputs as always!
Anyone knows how long it takes for the system to actually give you the tracking number? Or will it ever give you such number?

They sent me an email saying they will post the result on 10 Aug but until now (5 working days later) still got no hold of the tracking number. Called up the SPF COC office last Fri and they said they've posted it but no tracking number for filing yet. Should I be worried and other a duplicate at this stage?

Really worried as this is the last pending item I have before I could submit my profile. Would appreciate any inputs from folks with similar experience.

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
Anyone knows how long it takes for the system to actually give you the tracking number? Or will it ever give you such number?

They sent me an email saying they will post the result on 10 Aug but until now (5 working days later) still got no hold of the tracking number. Called up the SPF COC office last Fri and they said they've posted it but no tracking number for filing yet. Should I be worried and other a duplicate at this stage?

Really worried as this is the last pending item I have before I could submit my profile. Would appreciate any inputs from folks with similar experience.
Hello any update on this? How long did you receive your coc after approval? Im also waiting for my coc. I sent my fingerprint and they received it last aug 14. But until now, the status still says In progress.

janepham

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Hello any update on this? How long did you receive your coc after approval? Im also waiting for my coc. I sent my fingerprint and they received it last aug 14. But until now, the status still says In progress.
So they only gave me the tracking number after I called them up (and via my friend in Singapore as I gave them her number). Turned out registered mail will take super long to reach (despite Singapore and Vietnam only 1-hr flight) and have only limited tracking ability outside of Singapore (the last status update I had until now was from 18-Aug when it departed Singapore). So I ordered a duplicate and ask my proxy in Singapore to collect on my behalf. Duplicate was ready after 2 days of ordering.

Hope you will have your COC soon!

munif162

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
1. The fingerprint form is in the spf website. They also included sample fingerprints. Just search.
2. I dont think you can do it yourself. I went to local police station and not everyone there even knows how. There was a way to do it. Only authorized police can do it. Or you can ask nearest singapore embassy your place.
3. Yes you can do multiple forms. But if you went to authorized recorder what is the chance it wont be accepted?
Thanks buddy for your guidance.Greatly appreciated.

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
So they only gave me the tracking number after I called them up (and via my friend in Singapore as I gave them her number). Turned out registered mail will take super long to reach (despite Singapore and Vietnam only 1-hr flight) and have only limited tracking ability outside of Singapore (the last status update I had until now was from 18-Aug when it departed Singapore). So I ordered a duplicate and ask my proxy in Singapore to collect on my behalf. Duplicate was ready after 2 days of ordering.

Hope you will have your COC soon!
My coc was mailed to my friend last week. But a week before that, i emailed them (i found the new email address while checking the spf website) if they can change the date of stay to include social visit before my work pass was issued and so they approved. They said they will amend and send again. I was hoping they would reject my request so i can just include their email in my explanation letter. So now, im waiting again for the new coc.
Anyway, im just updating here that it is possible to include the social visit in the coc.

rajavi31

May 25, 2015
Hi,

Not sure if it is already discussed.My appeal to SPF for COC is rejected due to the reason that my name was not mentioned in ITA as i am the secondary application.Now wht do i need to submit or do to get the COC for me.

MohitaSharm

Oct 6, 2018
Hello,
In how many days did you receive your COC, how long do they take to change the status?
And, did you give any proxy for collection?

My fingerprints reached there on 15th Oct, but I am just a bit worried regarding how long it takes for them to process your application :)

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
Hello,
In how many days did you receive your COC, how long do they take to change the status?
And, did you give any proxy for collection?

My fingerprints reached there on 15th Oct, but I am just a bit worried regarding how long it takes for them to process your application :)

Hello my timeline
Fingerprint received: Aug 14
COC issued: Aug 24
Received by my friend: Aug 31
I just kept checking the online status and i received an email that they already sent it by post. They mailed it to my friend in singapore. My friend just scanned it then sent me a copy.

I think if you have proxy to collect in their office then it’s faster.

Reactions: MohitaSharm

MohitaSharm

Oct 6, 2018
Hello my timeline
Fingerprint received: Aug 14
COC issued: Aug 24
Received by my friend: Aug 31
I just kept checking the online status and i received an email that they already sent it by post. They mailed it to my friend in singapore. My friend just scanned it then sent me a copy.

I think if you have proxy to collect in their office then it’s faster.
Thanks for reply :)

So you received their mail regarding COC Issuance in approx 10 Days?
And, can my proxy just go there and collect it with an authorization letter on my behalf, or they will directly mail it to him?

And, just one more question, how did they mailed it your proxy, because as far as I remember they did not ask for proxy's address information?

Last edited:

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for reply :)

So you received their mail regarding COC Issuance in approx 10 Days?
And, can my proxy just go there and collect it with an authorization letter on my behalf, or they will directly mail it to him?
Yes i received an email that it’s been issued. In my appeal application, i specified that they mail it to my friend’s address. If in your application you have a proxy to collect then you should have authorization letter and ID. not sure what else is needed. You can ask them too.

MohitaSharm

Oct 6, 2018
Yes i received an email that it’s been issued. In my appeal application, i specified that they mail it to my friend’s address. If in your application you have a proxy to collect then you should have authorization letter and ID. not sure what else is needed. You can ask them too.
Okay, thank you :)

glassjaw09

Oct 30, 2018
Hi everyone. For the people who have mailed their fingerprints---do we get an email from SPF confirming they have received our fingerprints? DHL's tracking says that SPF supposedly received mine three days ago. I'm just worried because the status in SPF's system still says "Fingerprints Pending". Thanks.

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
Hi everyone. For the people who have mailed their fingerprints---do we get an email from SPF confirming they have received our fingerprints? DHL's tracking says that SPF supposedly received mine three days ago. I'm just worried because the status in SPF's system still says "Fingerprints Pending". Thanks.
No, you dont get email when fingerprint is accepted. You will only get an email that application is approved and coc will be mailed (if you chose post in your appeal application). Even in online status i only remembered seeing it from “pending fingerprint” to “issued”. Wait for 1-2 weeks for issuance.

glassjaw09

Oct 30, 2018
No, you dont get email when fingerprint is accepted. You will only get an email that application is approved and coc will be mailed (if you chose post in your appeal application). Even in online status i only remembered seeing it from “pending fingerprint” to “issued”. Wait for 1-2 weeks for issuance.
Thanks a lot!

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Please explain how to get Singapore Police Certificate for paper based CIC application in which there is a nomination from province and do not have any ITA as it is out of express entry. whether we can request this letter along with PNP from province or from CIC.