+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC / PCC

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I had applied for both myself and my wife. The final confirmation page was generated for me, but for my wife it was not. But she received that email saying that the application will be approved in 5 days and that did have her application number.

So for my wife we are planning to send a printout of that email instead of the acknowledgement letter, along with a cover letter explaining that she never got the received the acknowledgement page though the payment was completed and that is why she is enclosing the email instead.

Do you think that will be fine or do you have any suggestions?

Appreciate any advice on this, thank you!
What I think doesn't matter to be honest. I think you better call SPF and clarify with them directly - you'll get peace of mind.

It is a huge pain to get them on the phone, I had to call for hours to speak to someone.

Good luck!

Reactions: alexross

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Thanks everyone for their help so far with the Singapore COC.

I just wanted to given an update in case anyone reads this post in the future it might be of use to them:

After the appeal was approved I submitted the actual application for the COC. about a day after I submitted it, I received an email with a PDF attachment containing the acknowledgement. The email said to send a copy of the attached acknowledgment along with fingerprint and mail it to an address given in the email.

Last edited:
Reactions: baryonix

suvadeepg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hi All,

Need urgent help! I have appealed for SG COC and it got approved. My period of stay on EP was from May,2010 to Aug,2016 but after that I visited SG around end of Oct,2016 on visitor pass for a period of 5 days. While appealing I have given the end date as Aug,2016 since that was when I left SG terminating my EP. As the next visit to SG was on Oct 2016 on visitor pass and my period of stay is pretty brief hence do i need to get COC including Oct as well? Remember I am not on EP during my visit in Oct,2016..

Could someone quickly let me know what is the right way? As I have already submitted my CEC application and this is the pending doc.

Thanks in advance!

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi All,

Need urgent help! I have appealed for SG COC and it got approved. My period of stay on EP was from May,2010 to Aug,2016 but after that I visited SG around end of Oct,2016 on visitor pass for a period of 5 days. While appealing I have given the end date as Aug,2016 since that was when I left SG terminating my EP. As the next visit to SG was on Oct 2016 on visitor pass and my period of stay is pretty brief hence do i need to get COC including Oct as well? Remember I am not on EP during my visit in Oct,2016..

Could someone quickly let me know what is the right way? As I have already submitted my CEC application and this is the pending doc.

Thanks in advance!
Hi there, what I would suggest:

1. Call SPF and ask if you can extend your period of stay until Oct. 2016
2. Most probably they will reject your request, which is fine
3. In this case:
a. Send an email to SPF, asking them to confirm by return email that they do not issue COC for period of stay under social visit pass
b. Write a letter of explanation, attention CIC, mentioning why your latest visit in Singapore is not covered in this COC
c. Combine all documents in 1 PDF doc (COC, email conversation with SPF and your letter of explanation) and upload it under the placeholder for Singapore PCC

You should be fine with it. At least this is what I did and my PR was approved last year.

Ikhtiyar

Aug 23, 2016
Hi, can anyone help with below issu?

I had on the job training in S'pore flr a period between 01 June 2014 and 30 November 2014,almost 6 months and based on work permit obtained from MOM. However, Ittied to find out through the work permit document a FIN/NRIC number with no success. Can anyone guide me where i can get this FIN /NRIC no.? Also, apart from this visit, I had two separate tourus

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hi, can anyone help with below issu?

I had on the job training in S'pore flr a period between 01 June 2014 and 30 November 2014,almost 6 months and based on work permit obtained from MOM. However, Ittied to find out through the work permit document a FIN/NRIC number with no success. Can anyone guide me where i can get this FIN /NRIC no.? Also, apart from this visit, I had two separate tourus
You can look for your in principle approval letter PDF, that would contain the FIN. You would have taken a printout of this PDF with you when you entered Singapore on 01 June 2014. You would have received this PDF by email.

Also try searching for FIN number in your email account you used back then. You might find it in some correspondence like when you wrote to your Singapore land lord for leasing purpose

Last edited:

Ikhtiyar

Aug 23, 2016
Thanks for your reply. I have managed to find this FIN number through the approval letter and appealed to apply for the COC. I attached the same approval letter to my appeal in the column for front and back side of work permit as i do not have scopy of this work permit considering that almost 4 years passed. Believe they will accept this approval letter instead of work permit

singaporevnbk

May 30, 2018
Hi all,

I am applying for COC from Japan. Appeal approved, need to go for fingerprints soon.

I understand it has to be official, signed/stamped by authority doing it.

But how about the format? Is there a specific form to respect or just on a blank piece of paper, all fingers, paper stamped/signed is ok?

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
Yes, SPF (Singapore Police Force) expects you to send the invitation (with the names of the applicants being listed in the invitation) for them to issue the CoC.

If the invitation letter from CIC doesn't have your spouse name, you can still proceed to submit your profile without the Singapore PCC of your spouse. Just write an LOE explaining the same and requesting a new invitation with your souse name included. CIC then will send you a new/updated invitation in a month or so and gives you time to obtain the CoC.

My case a little similar. My spouse and I had lived in Singapore and so we needed to include CoC in our application. ITA sent by CIC has only my name, being the primary applicant and SPF rejected to issue CoC for my spouse as her name wasn't listed in the invitation. We prepared to proceed with the application without her CoC but just a trail, sent an explanation to SPF that CIC issues invitations only to the primary applicants and not to the dependents. To our surprise, SPF accepted that explanation and issued CoC to my spouse too. Now we are in process of finalizing other documentation to proceed with the submission.

It may or may not work for you but you can still try. Just write to SPF explaining the scenario and request to issue CoC. Make sure you provide enough evidence of your relation (primary applicant on CIC and the dependent seeking CoC from SPF). Still, be prepared to submit your application without dependent's CoC.
My wife is the PA and I had to get my PCC from Singapore as well. I attached my marriage certificate as an evidence to support with my wife's passport. It was acceptable to them.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi all,

I am applying for COC from Japan. Appeal approved, need to go for fingerprints soon.

I understand it has to be official, signed/stamped by authority doing it.

But how about the format? Is there a specific form to respect or just on a blank piece of paper, all fingers, paper stamped/signed is ok?
I applied for my COC from Japan months ago. If the process is still the same, you have to take an appointment with the Singapore Embassy in Tokyo, they will use an official form and take your fingerprints/sign it.

If you do it by yourself, no chance it will be accepted.

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Hi,

I am in SG now, so we went to SPF directly.
Hi @sat_cse28, may I ask: so you took your fingerprint elsewhere, then submitted it to SPF in person and received COC on the spot?

Thanks in advance.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi all - My appeal was approved yesterday for my spouse and myself. Thereafter I applied and submitted the application yesterday and made the payment. Online status now is Accepted and awaiting fingerprints, while the email that I got after payment says to wait for the next email? Should I go and submit the fingerprints or wait for the email?

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Hi all - My appeal was approved yesterday for my spouse and myself.I submitted the application yesterday and made the payment. Online status now is Accepted and awaiting fingerprints, while the email that I got after payment says to wait for the next email? Should I go for the fingerprints or wait for the email?
I'm in the exact same situation with you. My wife and I chose self-collect and decided to book (successfully) the fingerprint anyway.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I'm in the exact same situation with you. My wife and I chose self-collect and decided to book (successfully) the fingerprint anyway.
I already have the fingerprints ready with me. So I have to just submit and collect the COC. Can I get it done now or I need to wait for the email?

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
I already have the fingerprints ready with me. So I have to just submit and collect the COC. Can I get it done now or I need to wait for the email?
I really don't know. I can only tell you that upon the successful fingerprint booking, my wife and I got a receipt with the title:
"APPOINTMENT BOOKING FOR COC"
and then:
"Appointment Type:
Fingerprint Scanning & Collection"

I assume collection here means the COC. I hope i'm right because we also already booked a flight and hotel and everything.