+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore COC / PCC

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Put the start in the appeal as the day you entered Sg. End date of when you left Sg. My wife was on a Social visitor pass for over 3 months and they issued it with the start & end date we put in the appeal, including the social visit pass date.
Thank you, I submitted appeals for my wife and my self. Do they send the result to our email ids, or should we login using our fin/passport and check the status? I am apprehensive that if I try to login with FIN and try to see the status it might create another appeal request the overwrites the appeal I just raised.

Last edited:

doverraja

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Singapore
App. Filed.......
28-11-2017
Doc's Request.
12-12-2017
Thank you, I submitted appeals for my wife and my self. Do they send the result to our email ids, or should we login using our fin/passport and check the status? I am apprehensive that if I try to login with FIN and try to see the status it might create another appeal request the overwrites the appeal I just raised.
there is a separate link to check the status i think

Reactions: alexross

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hi,
Yes, I was able to get PCC for my Spouse with ITA.
Thank you for sharing. When we send the hardcopy fingperprints to the SPF with the ECoC appeals slip, can we send them for both my wife and myself in the same envelope? appreciate your input on this. Thank you!

Last edited:

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Yes, SPF (Singapore Police Force) expects you to send the invitation (with the names of the applicants being listed in the invitation) for them to issue the CoC.

If the invitation letter from CIC doesn't have your spouse name, you can still proceed to submit your profile without the Singapore PCC of your spouse. Just write an LOE explaining the same and requesting a new invitation with your souse name included. CIC then will send you a new/updated invitation in a month or so and gives you time to obtain the CoC.

My case a little similar. My spouse and I had lived in Singapore and so we needed to include CoC in our application. ITA sent by CIC has only my name, being the primary applicant and SPF rejected to issue CoC for my spouse as her name wasn't listed in the invitation. We prepared to proceed with the application without her CoC but just a trail, sent an explanation to SPF that CIC issues invitations only to the primary applicants and not to the dependents. To our surprise, SPF accepted that explanation and issued CoC to my spouse too. Now we are in process of finalizing other documentation to proceed with the submission.

It may or may not work for you but you can still try. Just write to SPF explaining the scenario and request to issue CoC. Make sure you provide enough evidence of your relation (primary applicant on CIC and the dependent seeking CoC from SPF). Still, be prepared to submit your application without dependent's CoC.
Hi, I have submitted the appeals for my spouse and my self and hope that they will approve. I have a quick question for you, once we have the approval, can we send the hardcopy of application with fingerprints for both my spouse and myself together in the same envelope? or should the be sent separately?

Also when you explained to them after the rejection, did you explain via their support email, or did you raise a 2nd appeal request?

Please let me know, I would really appreciate your inputs on these questions. Thank you!

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
I remember checking online (no idea if for appeal or actual COC application), I can't remember what stages they sent emails for. I know once they issue the COC you can call them (takes 30-40 attempts) and get the Singpost tracking number.

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Thank you for sharing. When we send the hardcopy fingperprints to the SPF with the ECoC appeals slip, can we send them for both my wife and myself in the same envelope? appreciate your input on this. Thank you!
Hi,

I am in SG now, so we went to SPF directly.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I remember checking online (no idea if for appeal or actual COC application), I can't remember what stages they sent emails for. I know once they issue the COC you can call them (takes 30-40 attempts) and get the Singpost tracking number.
I Hope you don't mind me troubling you again, but I thought you might know the answer to this question as well: Can I send the fingerprints/application for both my wife and myself in the same envelope? or should they be in separate envelopes? We are planning to send by fedex from US so it would be good if both can be send together. thank you again!

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
I Hope you don't mind me troubling you again, but I thought you might know the answer to this question as well: Can I send the fingerprints/application for both my wife and myself in the same envelope? or should they be in separate envelopes? We are planning to send by fedex from US so it would be good if both can be send together. thank you again!
I had to send my wife and my prints 2 time, since they rejected the first set because I did not have stamps from the channeler. The 2nd time (which was accepted) I sent both ours in 1 UPS envelop. I put the the fingerprints in separate envelopes and then put those 2 into 1 UPS envelop.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I had to send my wife and my prints 2 time, since they rejected the first set because I did not have stamps from the channeler. The 2nd time (which was accepted) I sent both ours in 1 UPS envelop. I put the the fingerprints in separate envelopes and then put those 2 into 1 UPS envelop.
That is a great idea thank you, I will also do that. I have another question: I'm worried about the finger prints being rejected due to machine not being able to read it. Do you happen to know if we can send more than one finger print card per person? So that if there is a problem with one card we have another one in there for backup?

Last edited:

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
That is a great idea thank you, I will also do that. I have another question: I'm worried about the finger prints being rejected due to machine not being able to read it. Do you happen to know if we can send more than one finger print card per person? So that if there is a problem with one card we have another one in there for backup?
No idea. You can call and ask.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I am a control freak too, I hear you. The Singapore Embassy where I live refused to do more than 1 sheet of prints.

What I would suggest is you do some test tries on a blank sheet of paper before doing the real one. Don't push too hard on the paper, don't be too soft too. Actually, you can even buy an ink pad for cheap and train at home (try all fingers). Once you get the "technique" right - switch to the official form.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
HI Guys, need your help now I am totally confused. My appeal was approved, so I went in and applied for the COCs for my wife and myself and made the payment. Both of us received emails with the below text:

Thank you for your application of a Certificate of Clearance (COC). Your COC application reference number is XXXXXXX
2. Do not reply to this email. You will be notified of the application status via email within 5 working days.

The application confirmation screen also mentions that after the application is accepted we can send the finger prints. I didn't receive any email confirmation but when I login to check the status of the application it says "accepted, pending fingerprints".

Will we receive another email saying that the COC application is approved before we can mail the fingerprints? or do we just print out the email that with the application number and send it along with the fingerprints to the COC address mentioned in the general website? (they never mentioned during the application process or in the email the address to where we need to mail the finger prints.) Would appreciate if anyone can give inputs on this. Thank you!

Last edited:

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
The application confirmation screen also mentions that after the application is accepted we can send the finger prints. I didn't receive any email confirmation but when I login to check the status of the application it says "accepted, pending fingerprints".
If I remember correctly, I also did not get a confirmation email from SPF. I just went to get my fingerprints and sent them in Singapore along with other documents (I think I already listed the documents above in this thread a few months ago).

If you have a proxy in Singapore, it can be much faster. If you don't, not a problem, just send the docs to SPF and wait for your PCC back.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
If I remember correctly, I also did not get a confirmation email from SPF. I just went to get my fingerprints and sent them in Singapore along with other documents (I think I already listed the documents above in this thread a few months ago).

If you have a proxy in Singapore, it can be much faster. If you don't, not a problem, just send the docs to SPF and wait for your PCC back.
Thanks for your reply. I had applied for both myself and my wife. The final confirmation page was generated for me, but for my wife it was not. But she received that email saying that the application will be approved in 5 days and that did have her application number.

So for my wife we are planning to send a printout of that email instead of the acknowledgement letter, along with a cover letter explaining that she never got the received the acknowledgement page though the payment was completed and that is why she is enclosing the email instead.

Do you think that will be fine or do you have any suggestions?

Appreciate any advice on this, thank you!

Last edited: