+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN number - Changing from Temporary to Permanent

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I am a little bit confused. After you get your eCoPR you need to sign and send it back? I just printed, signed and I am using this document as if it is a pr card until mine arrives. The fact you said you've used your scanned signature I am wondering if I was supposed to sign and reply back to them
I didn’t send it back. I applied for a new SIN online and one of their requirements is to upload the COPR. So before uploading, I affixed digital signature to the document.

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Guys,

Is it compulsory to change SIN number after getting COPR? My current SIN is valid until March 2022.

I don't want to change my SIN as I don't want to inform my employer that I am PR holder immediately.

EE2Canada2020

Aug 19, 2021
I didn’t send it back. I applied for a new SIN online and one of their requirements is to upload the COPR. So before uploading, I affixed digital signature to the document.
When you say "affixed digital signature" does that mean you scanned an actual hand signature and pasted the pic on the eCOPR pdf or used the pdf's digital signature where there are no hand signatures just a note saying you signed?

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hello, so my wife has a SIN from the OWP, now that she is PR, can you just apply a new permanent SIN online?
When in the apply online, do you choose application type "first SIN" or "update or correction to SIN record" or something else?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
When you say "affixed digital signature" does that mean you scanned an actual hand signature and pasted the pic on the eCOPR pdf or used the pdf's digital signature where there are no hand signatures just a note saying you signed?
The first one.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello, so my wife has a SIN from the OWP, now that she is PR, can you just apply a new permanent SIN online?
When in the apply online, do you choose application type "first SIN" or "update or correction to SIN record" or something else?
If my memory servers me right, I think there’s a “change status” option. Use that.

mgsctravels

Dec 10, 2021
I had a partner login for my CRA account. It no longer worked for my new SIN, so I had to register again and wait for the activation code via mail. Not sure what happens for people who had a separate user ID and pw for their CRA account. No idea on service Canada account.
Hi there,
I'm having the same issue. Partner bank login was attached to my old 900-series temp sin, then I applied for a new permanent sin that had to be re-registered under a new account. How did you get your partner bank login to switch to the new SIN number? I'm trying to figure out how to unlink the old sin account on CRA and link to the new SIN account on CRA.

KMayur

Jul 23, 2021
does temporary 9-digit SIN remains valid once you received COPR? Within How many days I need to get new SIN number for PR holders? my current temporary SIN is Valid till Jan 2023 & I don't want to change my SIN as I don't want to inform my employer that I am PR holder immediately.
Thanks in advance.