NR
Passport Req..
04-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
29-09-2017
Dear Folks,

Where do i process SIN Card in Montreal Down town? Probably Canada Service Center!!!

How much time do they generally take to process the SIN Card and hand it over to the Applicant?

Is it like an Immigrant Visits the Service Center in the Morning and they Provide the card within an Hour
after verifying your documents.? I hope so.

Regards,

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Dear Folks,

Where do i process SIN Card in Montreal Down town? Probably Canada Service Center!!!

How much time do they generally take to process the SIN Card and hand it over to the Applicant?

Is it like an Immigrant Visits the Service Center in the Morning and they Provide the card within an Hour
after verifying your documents.? I hope so.

Regards,
They no longer give SIN card. You will get a A4 size paper with SIN #.

I got mine in 30 min from Canada Service Center. I believe only CSCs are allowed to give SIN.

Are you doing "soft landing"? If yes, then why go all the way to downtown Montreal? Why not just look for some CSC near your border crossing?

Reactions: patel_sanket_1

mtlexplorer

Jun 6, 2016
Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-10-2011
Doc's Request.
04-04-2015
Nomination.....
08-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
IELTS Request
Waivered
File Transfer...
25-05-2016
Med's Request
04-12-2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
04-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
29-09-2017

I got mine in 30 min from Canada Service Center. I believe only CSCs are allowed to give SIN.

Are you doing "soft landing"? If yes, then why go all the way to downtown Montreal? Why not just look for some CSC near your border crossing?
Dear ,

Thanks for the information. Appreciate it. How did you know I plan to do a "Soft Landing" :) . No Wonder you are a Champion Member.
So, In other words, Can I apply for SIN at the Airport in Montreal itself.

Also, Could you shed light on the below: ("Whether I am thinking Safely and Judiciously)
I have COPR and have to do the compulsory landing before December. (I have a few commitments and can't Land for a Long Period).
So decided to land end of September for a Week, Apply for SIN, Credit Card, and any other documents possible to get from Govt Agencies
to establish "Identity Proof". (I know it will be impossible to get Health Insurance Card, Drivers License in a Week.)

Why I am doing this is because, If by Chance, "Bad Luck" My PR Card does not reach the Mailing Address within 3 months or If the Person I
entrusted to receive and deliver my PR Card does not take Responsibility( By Chance ), or If the PR Card gets Lost or Confiscated during a
Courier Delivery, then I may have a last ditch option to Re-Enter Canada from the USA through a Land Border in a Private Vehicle of a
friend, because I have a Valid Multiple Entry US Visit Visa which expires in 2024.

This link on the CIC Website gives some hope (if at all there would be a problem in receiving the PR Card safely):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

The reason why I am not considering using a PRTD Process (.i.e., in case PR Card disappeared), is because I have seen
that PRTD's are issued only if you are able to give strong evidence such as having left Canada for Medical Emergency
for Parents etc. Consular officers are stricter when you request for PRTD's it seems to me. A PRTD cost maybe only $50,
but there are lot of forms to fill, and justifications to give in order to obtain it.

Thanks for Reading! Your thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Dear ,

Thanks for the information. Appreciate it. How did you know I plan to do a "Soft Landing" :) . No Wonder you are a Champion Member.
So, In other words, Can I apply for SIN at the Airport in Montreal itself.

Also, Could you shed light on the below: ("Whether I am thinking Safely and Judiciously)
I have COPR and have to do the compulsory landing before December. (I have a few commitments and can't Land for a Long Period).
So decided to land end of September for a Week, Apply for SIN, Credit Card, and any other documents possible to get from Govt Agencies
to establish "Identity Proof". (I know it will be impossible to get Health Insurance Card, Drivers License in a Week.)

Why I am doing this is because, If by Chance, "Bad Luck" My PR Card does not reach the Mailing Address within 3 months or If the Person I
entrusted to receive and deliver my PR Card does not take Responsibility( By Chance ), or If the PR Card gets Lost or Confiscated during a
Courier Delivery, then I may have a last ditch option to Re-Enter Canada from the USA through a Land Border in a Private Vehicle of a
friend, because I have a Valid Multiple Entry US Visit Visa which expires in 2024.

This link on the CIC Website gives some hope (if at all there would be a problem in receiving the PR Card safely):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

The reason why I am not considering using a PRTD Process (.i.e., in case PR Card disappeared), is because I have seen
that PRTD's are issued only if you are able to give strong evidence such as having left Canada for Medical Emergency
for Parents etc. Consular officers are stricter when you request for PRTD's it seems to me. A PRTD cost maybe only $50,
but there are lot of forms to fill, and justifications to give in order to obtain it.

Thanks for Reading! Your thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
You will get better answer in this forum:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/permanent-residency-obligations.11/

It was pretty clear from your two threads that you are doing "Soft landing".

It appears that there is no CSC at Montreal Airport
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/does-montreal-airport-have-a-sin-office.293110/

I have not heard of any issues while obtaining PRTD but honestly I have not checked other forums for quite sometime. You might want to check at above mentioned forum for PRTD issues. If I was in similar situation I would have gone for PRTD instead of taking USA route and troubling a friend.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017

That's strange, I did my SIN application a month ago and they only gave me a photocopy of my application page. They said they will mail me my SIN in 4-6 weeks. Not sure why this is different...

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
That's strange, I did my SIN application a month ago and they only gave me a photocopy of my application page. They said they will mail me my SIN in 4-6 weeks. Not sure why this is different...
In few cases Service Canada is unable to verify documents and needs more time generate SIN.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/delay-getting-sin.449946/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/delay-in-getting-sin.510266/

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=BJ4BWo70K5CImwGm57bQCA&q=Service+Canada+SIN+delayed

Reactions: TLOU

talukdar8

Apr 15, 2019
Hi Folks,

I found this thread about SIN. My husband did landing on landing 21st Dec 2019 and on 27th Dec , we visited Service Canada Centre with all documents. There the lady agent told us that now it is mail application only. Hence we submitted the filled in application there at the centre and got an acknowledgement Receipt signed and stamped by the agent. Did anyone faced similar situation or u know someone applied for SIN this way.

How long does it get the SIN nymber in mail?

Please advise