+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should we complain about the delays in Online Citizenship Process?

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hello

I have applied citizenship on February 2021, thinking it will be faster than the paper processing. To my horror it's July 2021, 5 months and there is no AOR even.

I am struggling with my job due to not having citizenship and also I can't leave the country because when it will start there is no timeline. I check the processing times and it shows AOR sent for April 2021.

I really am upset and fed up and want to send a formal complaint about my disappointment for the double standards.

Please let me know if this is a right thing to do or it will hamper my application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello

I have applied citizenship on February 2021, thinking it will be faster than the paper processing. To my horror it's July 2021, 5 months and there is no AOR even.

I am struggling with my job due to not having citizenship and also I can't leave the country because when it will start there is no timeline. I check the processing times and it shows AOR sent for April 2021.

I really am upset and fed up and want to send a formal complaint about my disappointment for the double standards.

Please let me know if this is a right thing to do or it will hamper my application.
You haven't even gone through 5 months of processing and you want to file a complaint?

There are several ONLINE applicants from December 2020 that haven't received their AORs yet.

The standard processing time is 12 months for 80% of the applications. If you want to file a complaint, that is your right, go ahead but I bet you'll get nothing more than a "We are experiencing delays because of COVID-19" response.

Good luck!

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Thank you for your reply. I do have good reason.

You haven't even gone through 5 months of processing and you want to file a complaint?

There are several ONLINE applicants from December 2020 that haven't received their AORs yet.

The standard processing time is 12 months for 80% of the applications. If you want to file a complaint, that is your right, go ahead but I bet you'll get nothing more than a "We are experiencing delays because of COVID-19" response.

Good luck!

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Hello

Here is the response you will get: "sorry, covid problems. please be patient. but rest assured that everything is in progress, as you can surely see from our new tracker".

Then be prepared to wait for another year.

Moustafa33918

Jun 29, 2021
Hello

I applied July 2019 and still waiting for the test. Chill out, 5 month is nothing

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
You could send them of course, but they wouldn't care. They would tell you the pandemic excuse. Unless they are pressured somehow, they are taking things slow.

Just to give you context: people are still waiting for their citizenship applications to be finalized for about 2 years, if not more. So, be ready to wait for around that time for your application.

If your job in Canada requires a citizenship, you can submit a proof to IRCC once you get the AOR. Any other reason won't be considered, as far as I understand.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You could send them of course, but they wouldn't care. They would tell you the pandemic excuse. Unless they are pressured somehow, they are taking things slow.

Just to give you context: people are still waiting for their citizenship applications to be finalized for about 2 years, if not more. So, be ready to wait for around that time for your application.

If your job in Canada requires a citizenship, you can submit a proof to IRCC once you get the AOR. Any other reason won't be considered, as far as I understand.
I don't think the applicant has to wait until AOR to apply for Urgent processing. The whole purpose of Urgent Processing is to get the application processed at the earliest.

If the applicant applies for UP immediately and the request is accepted by IRCC, there is a good chance that the applicant will see some quick updates regarding AOR and other steps on his/her application.

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
Anybody familiar with submitting ATIP requests? We can probably submit one to gain access to internal documents in order to shed more light on how online citizenship applications are processed. The media submits such requests all the time to gain access to government documents/emails and whatnot

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Anybody familiar with submitting ATIP requests? We can probably submit one to gain access to internal documents in order to shed more light on how online citizenship applications are processed. The media submits such requests all the time to gain access to government documents/emails and whatnot
I've done it before.

It is the same URL but you'll have to submit it under the Access to Information Act and NOT Privacy Act.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

You'll choose corporate records instead of case files.

Also, do NOT pose questions to them, they'll get back to you saying they don't answer questions but will provide documents based on the request. Below the post that shows how I worded my request. You can do something similar.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-collective-action-required-or-expect-endless-delays-years-example-of-the-effective-lobbyng-of-people-awaiting-spousal-sponsorship.697691/post-9168592

Reactions: MericaEh

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
I've done it before.

It is the same URL but you'll have to submit it under the Access to Information Act and NOT Privacy Act.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

You'll choose corporate records instead of case files.

Also, do NOT pose questions to them, they'll get back to you saying they don't answer questions but will provide documents based on the request. Below the post that shows how I worded my request. You can do something similar.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-collective-action-required-or-expect-endless-delays-years-example-of-the-effective-lobbyng-of-people-awaiting-spousal-sponsorship.697691/post-9168592
Great! Thanks for sharing. Got a friend who's done a couple of these before - will see if he can help me submit a request. Will keep you all posted.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Akshata2419

Jul 20, 2021
Hello

Have you considered moving to paper application?
I am in the same situation. Applied online in jan 2021 and havent received AOR yet. Considering to switch to paper but want to understand what is the process to switch.