+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I apply pending PCC?

satvirlitt

Mar 17, 2018
Hi all,

I had got ITA on 25th January and hence required to submit e-APR by 25 April. Right now, I have all my documents ready, except for PCC from present address (I have even got PCC from my permanent address). On inquiring with police, they told that i may take around 1 month (since my stay at present address is only 3 months).

I want advice on whether I should apply right now with permanent address PCC and mentioning that the other PCC is pending. Will it be a good idea since I still have more than one month time to submit e-APR?

Thanks in anticipation

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe I am misunderstanding your post but by present or previous address are they in different countries given PCCs are required generally by country,

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
No. Both address are in India, but in different states/provinces.
You don't need a pcc for every city. PCC is applicable to entire country. So you can use the PCC you got done from permanent address. You don't need another pcc. You can go ahead and submit your application.

satvirlitt

Mar 17, 2018
You don't need a pcc for every city. PCC is applicable to entire country. So you can use the PCC you got done from permanent address. You don't need another pcc. You can go ahead and submit your application.
Thanks. But I have few questions on it:
1. I am not living in my permanent hometown for more than 6 years now. So, just giving that PCC will be fine?
2. Since I have applied for PCC in present location also, they will give it to me in whatever time by stamping my passport. Won't that create any issues if I get the visa, since I won't be scanning & uploading that stamped right now.
3. As regards last point, I can mention in LOE that I have applied for it so there will be extra stamping. But is it good idea to submit application pending a document (which I wish to submit) when I still have more than one month of my 90 days period.
4. Also if I mention that i have applied for PCC & so, will they actually ask for that second PCC?

Would be grateful if you or anyone can answer this. I am kind of really confused right now, since I don't want to delay the process.

Last edited:

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thanks. But I have few questions on it:
1. I am not living in my permanent hometown for more than 6 years now. So, just giving that PCC will be fine?
2. Since I have applied for PCC in present location also, they will give it to me in whatever time by stamping my passport. Won't that create any issues if I get the visa, since I won't be scanning & uploading that stamped right now.
3. As regards last point, I can mention in LOE that I have applied for it so there will be extra stamping. But is it good idea to submit application pending a document (which I wish to submit) when I still have more than one month of my 90 days period.
4. Also if I mention that i have applied for PCC & so, will they actually ask for that second PCC?

Would be grateful if you or anyone can answer this. I am kind of really confused right now, since I don't want to delay the process.

1. Yes, just giving that PCC would be fine and don't need another pcc.

Ideally you need only one pcc and people get it done from the address given on their passport or their temporary address ( with valid address proofs).

How did you apply for second PCC? Dint you apply through Passport office? 90 days is very long. For India, PCC from PSK is required (unless specified otherwise for some cities).

Since you have already applied for second PCC, I'm not sure how to proceed. I don't have enough knowledge to advice you on this. Please approach some of the seniors/ experts on the forum for guidance.

@legalfalcon @DelPiero07 please provide him with your expert advice.

satvirlitt

Mar 17, 2018
1. Yes, just giving that PCC would be fine and don't need another pcc.

Ideally you need only one pcc and people get it done from the address given on their passport or their temporary address ( with valid address proofs).

How did you apply for second PCC? Dint you apply through Passport office? 90 days is very long. For India, PCC from PSK is required (unless specified otherwise for some cities).

Since you have already applied for second PCC, I'm not sure how to proceed. I don't have enough knowledge to advice you on this. Please approach some of the seniors/ experts on the forum for guidance.

@legalfalcon @DelPiero07 please provide him with your expert advice.
Thanks a lot. Actually, I got one from local SSP office in my hometown (which is normal way of getting it in Punjab), while here in Mumbai, I have applied through PSK.

Awaiting opinion of experts.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thanks a lot. Actually, I got one from local SSP office in my hometown (which is normal way of getting it in Punjab), while here in Mumbai, I have applied through PSK.

Awaiting opinion of experts.
Oh ok. Yes I've heard Mumbai PSK can take time but was not aware that it would take 90 days. My husband and I are based in mumbai too. We're awaiting ITA...just entered the pool last week. We knew that PCC in Mumbai can take time...so my husband got his passport updated to Mumbai address...so when time comes we will apply for PCC and get it quickly.

satvirlitt

Mar 17, 2018
Oh ok. Yes I've heard Mumbai PSK can take time but was not aware that it would take 90 days. My husband and I are based in mumbai too. We're awaiting ITA...just entered the pool last week. We knew that PCC in Mumbai can take time...so my husband got his passport updated to Mumbai address...so when time comes we will apply for PCC and get it quickly.
Yes. If your passport has same address as present, u will get PCC on same day. else they will physically verify, which may take abt 2 weeks. In my case, matter got further complicated bcoz stay at present address is less than 6 months.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Anyone having any idea abt how to withdraw PCC applcation?
Hi Satvirlitt,
I have looked a little further into your situation and this is what I've concluded.

From what I understand about PCC required for express entry...it needs to be an all India PCC from PSK. Except if your current residence in Punjab or Delhi then you can submit PCC from police station.

Since Punjab police station PCC is state specific and does not apply to rest of the country ...and your current residence is Mumbai, in your case Punjab PCC may not be accepted at all. You need the Mumbai PSK PCC.

You cannot withdraw your PSK PCC. You will have the see the entire process through. As of now, you must hope that you receive you mumbai PSK PCC before 25th April. Do not submit your application without it.

What is your CRS score? In worst case scenario if your PSK PCC does not arrive, then I would recommend to decline your ITA and wait for the next draw.

satvirlitt

Mar 17, 2018
Hi Satvirlitt,
I have looked a little further into your situation and this is what I've concluded.

From what I understand about PCC required for express entry...it needs to be an all India PCC from PSK. Except if your current residence in Punjab or Delhi then you can submit PCC from police station.

Since Punjab police station PCC is state specific and does not apply to rest of the country ...and your current residence is Mumbai, in your case Punjab PCC may not be accepted at all. You need the Mumbai PSK PCC.

You cannot withdraw your PSK PCC. You will have the see the entire process through. As of now, you must hope that you receive you mumbai PSK PCC before 25th April. Do not submit your application without it.

What is your CRS score? In worst case scenario if your PSK PCC does not arrive, then I would recommend to decline your ITA and wait for the next draw.
Yes. True. My Punjab PCC is not from PSK, so it may not work.

My score is 471, so no issue in declining also. Hence better to wait. Thanks a lot for your advice.