01-04-2016
Passport Req..
14-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2016
LANDED..........
28-11-2016
Sept 2014 to Nov 2016 - journey to PR.
i have been hugely benefited from this forum and has just finished my landing with my wife. i would like state my experience and few mistakes caused me delay by around a year or so to get PR.
I have submitted my PR application when i was bachelor under CEC , few months before all these express entry and all started. first mistake itself happened filling form and forgetting checking a tick box. CIC sent the entire application back in 4-5 weeks by marking what i did wrong ,properly pointing the mistakes so that i can refill and sent.
so i took another a week and sent the application back. it took almost 2-3 months to receive AOR in Jan 2015. and i went back for vacation in India at the same time and got married in Feb 2015.
I applied visitor visa for wife in India and took her to Canada. when we were in Canada , we applied for open work permit for wife and while my work permit was due for expiry so i had to apply for bridge work permit. i got bridge work permit for a year. and wife also got the open work permit since in CEC ,dependent can get work permit/bridge dependent work permit. While applying visitor visa from my wife back in India , I asked my wife to go through medical as well so that CIC folks can consider that as relevant medical for PR as well.
when wife came to canada , along with applying for her open work permit , i also asked CIC to add her accompanied spouse in application. adding/removing and changing status causes delay so when as alone , i would have got my PR in a year but when i added her in May 2015 , it has added few more months. CIC sent me medical requests on April 2016. i have got my medical done and sent it back. then wait time starts.
when CIC sent me medical request they did not include my wife name since her profile was showing the medical done already as part of her visitor visa , however one blunder happend. while my file moving to decision made on Feb 2016 , my wife medical expired before they could even issue or send confirmation of permanent residence. so file moved to in progress again after moving to decision made. then CIC sent me another medical re-assessment and as expected everything delayed from Feb 2016 to Nov 2016. again by this time , mine and my wife bridge work permits were also expired so i had to file them again , 2nd bridge work permit application for both of us. CIC approved the extended bridge work permit as well. now we have got our COPR. and has crossed the border to stamp ourselves as PR. lot of mistakes on the way. landing has been quite , asked my previous work permits , passport and COPR. i told i just have my latest work permit and they asked me if you have any at home , shred them. took away work permits , strike out work visa and immigrant visa while landing and sent the papers back. PR Card is on the waaaaaaay....
i again canadavisa.com is awesome forum to help people. and i would be willing to help whereever i can. hope my experience can help someone.
good luck everyone.

amitchi

Aug 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
Hi Friend,

My PR application got approved and CIC has asked me to travel before 27-FEB-2017 to Canada. I have a 3 months old baby and would like to travel after Winter somewhere in Jun-Jul. I requested CIC some more time but they specified that I should land in Canada within one year from date of medical exam. If I need more time then they will have to re-open my application and request medical re-assessments for myself.

I want to know will it be only medical re-assessment or everything will be re-assessed like BG check,Criminality etc.

Regards,
Amit.

worldmariner

Nov 26, 2011
canada
Visa Office......
DELHI
App. Filed.......
26JULY2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
27JUNE2012
VISA ISSUED...
3AUG2012
LANDED..........
28AUG2012
thanks for sharing,

1.how much funds did you show when applying under cec category?

ashcanada

Jan 7, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
AOR Received.
01-01-2015
Med's Request
01-04-2016
Passport Req..
14-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2016
LANDED..........
28-11-2016
amitchi said:
Hi Friend,

My PR application got approved and CIC has asked me to travel before 27-FEB-2017 to Canada. I have a 3 months old baby and would like to travel after Winter somewhere in Jun-Jul. I requested CIC some more time but they specified that I should land in Canada within one year from date of medical exam. If I need more time then they will have to re-open my application and request medical re-assessments for myself.

I want to know will it be only medical re-assessment or everything will be re-assessed like BG check,Criminality etc.

Regards,
Amit.
medical re-assessment is just your medical checkups like you must have been requested before. but in your case , things look different since you have been issued immigrant visa already i guess upto 27-Feb so if you dont travel by then , then i am not sure how that may turn out. if they have told that they can re-open your file and allow reassessment then i think it should be alright. as far as my experience goes ,if your application is through and you have got positive results and has got visa etc then CIC wouldnot mind extending based on genuine reasons.you should get everything in writing and send them extension or whatever they need. re-assessment or re-open file does not mean you need to go through everything again , just medical re-assessment is required so that they can extend your visa. bydaway canada is not having fierce winter ,looks like , this year so why to take chance , you can come , land as immigrant and leave next day. if you have friend here then you should provide their address for pr card. re-assessment definitely extends your decision for quite a long time like in my case almost 9 months.

ashcanada

Jan 7, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
AOR Received.
01-01-2015
Med's Request
01-04-2016
Passport Req..
14-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2016
LANDED..........
28-11-2016
worldmariner said:
thanks for sharing,

1.how much funds did you show when applying under cec category?
while applying , I showed just my previous and current employer reference letters and salary slips for reflecting both employers. so i kinda of submitted 2 years worth salary slips. also i had my all T-4/tax slips attached reflecting both employers.
i did not pull out any bank statements as proof of funds per se. even during landing they did not ask any kind of statements.