Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15 Aug 2009
What do u mean by settlement funds ?
One that u need to show as POF to CIC ?
Or, The one that u need to show to the POE, as landing funds ?

Your being upset might not help. The idea is to ask a clear query.

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There,

You will need to provide proof in the form of bank statements / investment statements / value of your property evaulated by a property valuator or a chartered accountant.

this is when you are submitting your docs.

if its a matter of proving when you land - you need to show that you are either carrying sufficient money on you in the form of bank drafts / forex / electronic transfer proof to a canadian bank.

hope this helps...

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear SD/ isteak007

Value of Property will not work. What you can show as prrof of Funds

Is Bank Statements
Bank Certificate
Time Deposits/Fixed Deposits
May be Liquid funds that can be redeemed in no time like FD/TD

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear SD,
Whatever u mentioned, would u please purvey me the URL, so that I may ensure to take property as a proof of fund.

Shofiul

SD said:
Hi There,

You will need to provide proof in the form of bank statements / investment statements / value of your property evaulated by a property valuator or a chartered accountant.

this is when you are submitting your docs.

if its a matter of proving when you land - you need to show that you are either carrying sufficient money on you in the form of bank drafts / forex / electronic transfer proof to a canadian bank.

hope this helps...

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Any Fund that you can transfer to Canada at a short notice, Ankit helped me in this regard.
Then I asked other experts too.
Travelle's cheques will also count. TC's count coz they can be cashed almost instantly with your passport and the buying records at any Financial point.

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shofiul72 said:
Dear SD,
Whatever u mentioned, would u please purvey me the URL, so that I may ensure to take property as a proof of fund.

Shofiul
Hi - not sure of the URL - you can check on www.cic.gc.ca ( application package with instructions)?
I have also heard that you can get a property evaluator / CA to provide a letter with the value of your property if you want to show that. Not sure how far this is effective? Maybe others can advise on this?

We have a home loan but our property has appreciated. However we have other investments and provident funds that we could show which were enough for the minimum amount, so the home loan statement was an extra to be on t he safe side.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
Any Fund that you can transfer to Canada at a short notice, Ankit helped me in this regard.
Then I asked other experts too.
Travelle's cheques will also count. TC's count coz they can be cashed almost instantly with your passport and the buying records at any Financial point.
Yes TCs will count

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Properties and lands, or something like this cant be shown if they cant be cashed or transfered to Canada.
If you wanna sell them, you need time and most of the times, evidentials and other related papers to them are almost impossible to translate.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isteak007 said:
How to proof settlement fund from Bangladesh?

Which type of document should i need?
What is your local visa office, accordingly people can answer your query. You yourself can solve your query but looking at the instruction guide of the Local Visa office manual.

brill

Dec 11, 2009
rocky272727 said:
What is your local visa office, accordingly people can answer your query. You yourself can solve your query but looking at the instruction guide of the Local Visa office manual.
HI,
ANY SAUDI ARABIAN APPLICANT TO LONDON VISA OFFICE

have to open my account in ,CANADA from SAUDI ARABIA to show for statement,as my POF would be of 3 months only.(note 3 or 4 days are less in 3 months)If any one would share as to which would be the bank that gives the best deals from SAUDI ARABIA.HOW MANY DAYS WILL IT TAKE TO DELIVER FUNDS FROM SAUDIARABIA TO CANADA BANK?

BANK NAMES AND RATES???