+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Serum Creatinine

gandyer

Dec 19, 2017
Dear All,

My Serum Creatinine level is at 1.4. But the normal range is 0.9 to 1.3 for CIC. I've been asked to come again after a week to repeat the test. Still, it was 1.4. What would be the consequences now? Kindly guide me.

Subash

Reactions: skeecandidate

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All,

My Serum Creatinine level is at 1.4. But the normal range is 0.9 to 1.3 for CIC. I've been asked to come again after a week to repeat the test. Still, it was 1.4. What would be the consequences now? Kindly guide me.

Subash
They may ask you to see a nephrologist. It is not severely abnormal so you may not require extra testing.

gandyer

Dec 19, 2017
They may ask you to see a nephrologist. It is not severely abnormal so you may not require extra testing.

Thanks. That's a relief I may not require further tests. Will CIC raise a red flag for the slight higher above normal creatinine level and reject my application on excessive medical demand category. Kindly guide me.

Subash

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I doubt it unless they find a serious kidney problem. I am not your doctor or CIC so I can't tell you for sure.

gandyer

Dec 19, 2017
Any update on your case please?
Reduced my serum creatinine to 1.3 with lifestyle modifications. No milk, no dairy, no meat proteins, little exercise and meditation for 6 months. As my previous medicals was 6 months ago, I declined the invitation and back on the pool. Next week I recieved ITA. So got three more months to reduce it to normal. So made the above modifications. I took a new medicals for my family and myself on Feb 10, 2018. Submitted the PR application. Got AOR on Feb 13, 2018. Passed the Medicals on Feb 20, 2018. In progress for the rest of the application.
Hope this helps you.

Subash

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Reduced my serum creatinine to 1.3 with lifestyle modifications. No milk, no dairy, no meat proteins, little exercise and meditation for 6 months. As my previous medicals was 6 months ago, I declined the invitation and back on the pool. Next week I recieved ITA. So got three more months to reduce it to normal. So made the above modifications. I took a new medicals for my family and myself on Feb 10, 2018. Submitted the PR application. Got AOR on Feb 13, 2018. Passed the Medicals on Feb 20, 2018. In progress for the rest of the application.
Hope this helps you.

Subash
Thanks Subash for your reply...

My creatitine and eGFR report is normal. I have little blood in the urine. I am not sure that does it cause an issue for PR application?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks Subash for your reply...

My creatitine and eGFR report is normal. I have little blood in the urine. I am not sure that does it cause an issue for PR application?

Thanks
Blood in your urine is not normal and will need further investigation. Could be a UTI but is a warning sign that something is going on in the bladder or kidney.

gandyer

Dec 19, 2017
Blood in urine is an alarming sign that doctors at medicals would raise a flag and make you proceed for further investigations through a Nephrologist. As Canuck rightly pointed out, consult a Nephrologist right away and find the cause for blood. It might be an acute Urinary Tract infection or something else. I would suggest you to do it right away and

jjmmrr

Apr 11, 2016
hello!
i just had a urinalysis and found out i have UTI (WBC elevated with presence of few bacteria).
will this be a cause of denial when i applied for my student visa? or maybe further tests will be given to me?
i plan on getting my medical exam this week already
thanks to whoever will answer :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello!
i just had a urinalysis and found out i have UTI (WBC elevated with presence of few bacteria).
will this be a cause of denial when i applied for my student visa? or maybe further tests will be given to me?
i plan on getting my medical exam this week already
thanks to whoever will answer :)

No a course of antibiotics should solve the problem.

Reactions: ndoan95

jjmmrr

Apr 11, 2016
than
No a course of antibiotics should solve the problem.
thank you for your response
should i take antibiotics before the medical or just after?
i havent gone to a doctor to get a prescription yet since i plan on doing the medical exam this friday already
currently doing a natural cure for it by drinking lots of water, coconut juice and cranberry pills

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
than

thank you for your response
should i take antibiotics before the medical or just after?
i havent gone to a doctor to get a prescription yet since i plan on doing the medical exam this friday already
currently doing a natural cure for it by drinking lots of water, coconut juice and cranberry pills
You really need to go to a doctor asap and get this treated. Surprised you are not getting and pain or urgency. If you don't treat a uti it then goes to the kidneys. It would have been best to treat it before because the blood in your urine may trigger further investigation. Not much you can at this point unless you can reschedule for next week. UTIs usually respond quite quickly.

jjmmrr

Apr 11, 2016
You really need to go to a doctor asap and get this treated. Surprised you are not getting and pain or urgency. If you don't treat a uti it then goes to the kidneys. It would have been best to treat it before because the blood in your urine may trigger further investigation. Not much you can at this point unless you can reschedule for next week. UTIs usually respond quite quickly.
i will go see a doctor tomorrow and reschedule my medical after the antibiotics
Again, thank you very much!