+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

Samtasharm

Dec 31, 2022
Sorry guys if I’ve stressed you out more but I just wanted to share my update.

I spoke to an IRCC rep this morning again and she said that if you’re worried about the date it got delivered- file again online. Eventually your previous fee will be reimbursed and write an explanation letter about the paper submissions no longer being accepted. In the new application you would have to pay the fee again for the time-being. I sent a web form a couple weeks ago too and in my experience calling them first thing in the morning is the best option. I call at 7:55 and know all the buttons to press so I’m in the queue by 8 am within an hour max I speak to someone.

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Sorry guys if I’ve stressed you out more but I just wanted to share my update.

I spoke to an IRCC rep this morning again and she said that if you’re worried about the date it got delivered- file again online. Eventually your previous fee will be reimbursed and write an explanation letter about the paper submissions no longer being accepted. In the new application you would have to pay the fee again for the time-being. I sent a web form a couple weeks ago too and in my experience calling them first thing in the morning is the best option. I call at 7:55 and know all the buttons to press so I’m in the queue by 8 am within an hour max I speak to someone.
If that's the scenario so I'll just wait for my file to be returned back this month as we can't submit online without knowing actually what's happened with the application without their explanation letter. But unfortunately what a big waste of time !! Still Hope for AOR ...

Grewal1322

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
If that's the scenario so I'll just wait for my file to be returned back this month as we can't submit online without knowing actually what's happened with the application without their explanation letter. But unfortunately what a big waste of time !! Still Hope for AOR ...
That’s what we have option , could you call ircc and explain the scenario may be we get to know anything

Samtasharm

Dec 31, 2022
Sorry guys if I’ve stressed you out more but I just wanted to share my update. In the last week
In this thread , the guy who submitted file on 15 sept and delivered on 20th Sep , he got AoR on 30th Dec .
Yes so hopefully you guys will hear back soon like him because the offices were closed for the holidays quite a bit as well and that’s causing some more delays

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
That’s what we have option , could you call ircc and explain the scenario may be we get to know anything
I did call when I came to know about the paper stuff weeks ago , the rep said IRCC will send it back within 3 months or 100 days if not accepted. Also, one of my relative recieved AOR after 4 months last year .

Newbie2022

Jul 28, 2022
Is anyone else still unable to link their online application to their account to begin tracking
Hi Newbie2022,

@international.gc.ca is a legit domain so is @canada.ca and @cic.gc.ca. IRCC Visa offices outside Canada often use @international.gc.ca to communicate with applicants. Read the message carefully, especially if it contains your application number and don't be quick to dismiss it as a scam! In most cases you will only have 30 days to respond to whatever they are asking for. If the letter is asking for additional document, those should be submitted through your GC Key account or sent via IRCC Webform.

Hope this helps!

I received an email from an immigration officer. Is it a scam? Visit https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1205&top=31
Thank you, the email is from their legitimate domain, however the content of the email is most certainly a scam, which is why it was so concerning. The email was sent to me on Dec. 29, but says Dec.15 in the email, talks about linking my application (which I had just emailed inquiring about the day or two before but this was while they were off for the holidays, so shouldn't have received any reply), has two grammar errors, and starts off the application with Dear applicant.

mingdong

Jan 4, 2023
For those of you whose spousal sponsorship files got returned/rejected by IRCC (inland/outland) and you believe the rejection was done incorrectly by IRCC agent, you can write to Deputy Minister of IRCC Christiane Fox at Christiane.Fox@cic.gc.ca and including the following details:

- Name, contact details of the sponsor
- Time and Date of online submission
- Reason for rejection that you believe was wrong (signature missing, info missing, document missing, etc)

Good luck

Grewal1322

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Sorry guys if I’ve stressed you out more but I just wanted to share my update. In the last week

Yes so hopefully you guys will hear back soon like him because the offices were closed for the holidays quite a bit as well and that’s causing some more delays
According to you
I did call when I came to know about the paper stuff weeks ago , the rep said IRCC will send it back within 3 months or 100 days if not accepted. Also, one of my relative recieved AOR after 4 months last year .
any update ?

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Hi everyone, I heard back from my lawyer and they sent our file back. He happened to receive it today apparently but the date on the letter does show December 9th. So possibly courier delays.

Trying to remain optimistic but we are feeling dejected as 4 months went to waste. We were told our file was sent on September 11th.
In a thread above they recieved AOR 30th December and file was delivered 20th
According to you

any update ?
Hey , no update yet and nothing returned too . I keep checking my mail box everyday too.

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Hello Safi and Grewal, I am in the same situation as you 2, my paper application was received October 4 in their mailroom in NS, I requested a signature upon delivery so I know they received it and I would expect them to return the package right away if they didn't accept that anymore. Even if the limit for paper application was September 23rd I would expect that they have some kind of buffer after that date.

Their office is closed for a while during holidays so it may take a little more time until we receive AOR.
Let's hope that in January we receive our AOR, best of luck to us.
Hello , any update for AOR ?