September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

rikta92

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Bosnia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
No, you can't send by yourself. For Citizenship Finger Print result, it should be forwarded by RCMP after the result comes out, and you have to sign the authorization form that allow RCMP to do so. It's different than PR request (I got 2 requests for both processing). In the request email, IRCC advised you the forward IRCC office, didn't they? You should tell the police officer that you got the address. Did you come to police office or ask via call? I would recommend to come and show them the request document.
Besides, you also don't need to come local police, you can check on RCMP website where the other agency near by can do. I did twice at agency instead of local police.

I hope it is helpful. Good luck.
Please note:
 If the RCMP sends the fingerprint results directly to you, forward them to this office as soon as possible
so that we can resume processing your application.

This is stated in the email letter

You can send it by yourself it would just take more time

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hey just BG completed... nothing to do but be patient
Thats great buddy congrats!! when did your application move? Seeing all other updates i'm excited for everyone but a little dismayed mine is still stuck...

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Live an hour and a half from the agency. But will try to do that tho
See if its doable, I can tell abt GTA or Toronto there r a loads of agencies, rapid hustle free service. Otherwise as suggested take the letter to nearby police station/RCMP they should do it and they will send directly to IRCC. Perhaps lady over phone couldn't understand that you need for urself. U sure its one and half hour drive, the agency? Perhaps chk again on maps there should be plenty but depends your location.

Smile_kitty

Sep 8, 2022
Hi, I just checked my status and it showed: updated December 24, 2022. But there’s nothing changed. All are still in progress. Did anyone have the same problem? And what does it mean? Thanks a lot!

zaid84

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
can anyone advice on this:
I checked the tracker and it says submit your fingerprints and that i received email or letter with that regard but i didnot receive any email yet.
Today is 12 Jan and the update date is 10 Jan. so what do you think guys

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I checked the tracker and it says submit your fingerprints and that i received email or letter with that regard but i didnot receive any email yet.
Without that email you cannot submit FP. So it’s best to call IRCC and tell them that you have not received any email if you don’t get it in next couple of days. You have only 30 days to submit so make sure call IRCC and have them send an email with letter attached.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi, I just checked my status and it showed: updated December 24, 2022. But there’s nothing changed. All are still in progress. Did anyone have the same problem? And what does it mean? Thanks a lot!
It’s what is called a ghost update, when they make changes but you don’t see it reflected on the tracker. Just wait for an actual update to the tracker. You might see BG completed or some other request like FP or nothing at all. Good news is your application is moved beyond AOR now and is being looked into, rest all is speculation. Good luck!

zaid84

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
I am currently outside canada, id there a way i can contact them while outside?

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
great to see progress all around! waiting for test invite for us :-(

for those who are looking for practice qns, visit apnatoronto dot com. it has a good database of questions/practice tests. i didn't find any app, but taking these tests repeatedly till i start scoring high/full marks - just the way i did for G1.
Started using this app for test practice. Good one. Also helping me mix questions from different sources. Important to do that cos (for example) this app had questions that I've just not come across on websites.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblingiso.cacitizenshiptest

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I am currently outside canada, id there a way i can contact them while outside?
Only other way is email correspondence with the office processing your application but for that you need an email from them first so that you know the email id. So you have no option but to call them. Give it a couple of days, you might get an email.

SHRIK

Jun 11, 2018
Guys,
Quick couple of questions
1) I submitted my application on 6-Sep (more details below). No update till yesterday (11-Jan) and like others here, I received a fingerprint request. I completed it today. Meanwhile, others keep talking about a 'tracker'.. is this something you get access to after the AoR?

2) If we have the fingerprint request, does it mean one doesn't need to worry about AoR anymore?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Guys,
Quick couple of questions
1) I submitted my application on 6-Sep (more details below). No update till yesterday (11-Jan) and like others here, I received a fingerprint request. I completed it today. Meanwhile, others keep talking about a 'tracker'.. is this something you get access to after the AoR?

2) If we have the fingerprint request, does it mean one doesn't need to worry about AoR anymore?
AoR stands for "Acknowledgement of Receipt" and looks like you missed it. You must have received an email ending in "cic.gc.ca" with an attachment with an Application Number and the words "this is to acknowledge the receipt of your citizenship application"... Try to look for it in your inbox, spam, deleted messages...

If you don't find it, try to look for your application number in your FP request letter. Once you have your application number, you don't need to worry about your AOR letter. You can use that application number and UCI (without dashes) to sign into the tracker online (link in signature)

BTW you can follow along other peoples cases and yours in the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit?usp=sharin

SHRIK

Jun 11, 2018
AoR stands for "Acknowledgement of Receipt" and looks like you missed it. You must have received an email ending in "cic.gc.ca" with an attachment with an Application Number and the words "this is to acknowledge the receipt of your citizenship application"... Try to look for it in your inbox, spam, deleted messages...

If you don't find it, try to look for your application number in your FP request letter. Once you have your application number, you don't need to worry about your AOR letter. You can use that application number and UCI (without dashes) to sign into the tracker online (link in signature)

BTW you can follow along other peoples cases and yours in the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit?usp=sharin
Thanks a bunch for the reply. I was tracking the AoR, but never seem to have received in the email. (checked again!!)
I was able to register on the tracker now and looks good.
Last question : How long does it take our fingerprint status to be updated on this portal? The agency where I give my FP, said it might be anywhere between 1-3 months... That long?