+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
I found that too and it states which number is but in the letter/email I received from IRCC regarding the fingerprints request, it doesn't state that number anywhere. So I am wondering if any of you guys had an experience like this?
Should I give them this ORI number that's on the government website or just send it over by myself? I am stuck
I wouldn’t use that number on the site because it’s for an unrelated goverment branch for procurement stuff, If you know what office is processing your case, try looking up the ORI for that one online, or call IRCC, or try asking the RCMP detachment or company doing your fingerprints if they know or have a list of ORI’s for the immigration offices and let them know which one sent you the request

Reactions: rikta92

rikta92

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Bosnia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
I wouldn’t use that number on the site because it’s for an unrelated goverment branch for procurement stuff, If you know what office is processing your case, try looking up the ORI for that one online, or call IRCC, or try asking the RCMP detachment or company doing your fingerprints if they know or have a list of ORI’s for the immigration offices and let them know which one sent you the request
Thank you for clarification.

I guess it is okay if I send the fingerprints to IRCC instead of them.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Thank you for confirming! Good luck with the test!
Hey any updates on your account yet? I have zero movement after AOR.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Thank you for clarification.

I guess it is okay if I send the fingerprints to IRCC instead of them.
The ORI is NOT needed for immigration FPs - can be left blank. If someone other than yourself is requesting your FPs, then ORI would be used. Better to check again with RCMP.

rikta92

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Bosnia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
The ORI is NOT needed for immigration FPs - can be left blank. If someone other than yourself is requesting your FPs, then ORI would be used. Better to check again with RCMP.
The lady at the local police station asked for it. She said without it she cannnot forward it to IRCC office, I will have to do it.

RyanNguyen

Aug 4, 2018
Hi folks,

If someone already took fingerprint (especially from VAN office request) for BG check process, how long did it take for your application updated from the fingerprint submitted date? As request document, I have 30 days to complete. However it has been 20 days from the date I submitted FP and I haven't received any update. I am worried that my 30 days request will be gone and our application will be pushed to NOT FULFILL.

Your view is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Ryan

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
The lady at the local police station asked for it. She said without it she cannnot forward it to IRCC office, I will have to do it.
Just get it done from any nearby agency, check google maps by querying 'fingerprints' or 'cic fingerprints' or 'immigration fingerprints' You will find a plenty of.

RyanNguyen

Aug 4, 2018
No, you can't send by yourself. For Citizenship Finger Print result, it should be forwarded by RCMP after the result comes out, and you have to sign the authorization form that allow RCMP to do so. It's different than PR request (I got 2 requests for both processing). In the request email, IRCC advised you the forward IRCC office, didn't they? You should tell the police officer that you got the address. Did you come to police office or ask via call? I would recommend to come and show them the request document.
Besides, you also don't need to come local police, you can check on RCMP website where the other agency near by can do. I did twice at agency instead of local police.

I hope it is helpful. Good luck.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi folks,

If someone already took fingerprint (especially from VAN office request) for BG check process, how long did it take for your application updated from the fingerprint submitted date? As request document, I have 30 days to complete. However it has been 20 days from the date I submitted FP and I haven't received any update. I am worried that my 30 days request will be gone and our application will be pushed to NOT FULFILL.

Your view is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Ryan
You can call RCMP and check when they sent the FP results to IRCC... You can check the spreadsheet to see some trends (link in signature)

You don't have to worry too much about the 30 day limit as long as you have done the finger prints - to give yourself peace of mind, you can send a webfrom with the receipt from RCMP that you have finished submitting the fingerprints

Reactions: RyanNguyen

Greyson

Jun 12, 2019
Hi Guys,
Application Sep 30th.
Online.

I got another Ghost update today Jan 12th,
The first GU was Dec 16th.
wish you guys the best, easiest and fastest for everyone..!

rikta92

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Bosnia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Just get it done from any nearby agency, check google maps by querying 'fingerprints' or 'cic fingerprints' or 'immigration fingerprints' You will find a plenty of.
Live an hour and a half from the agency. But will try to do that tho