+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Drupesh

Dec 23, 2022
I think you missed the AOR email as it does not take so much time. Check if you received any email from "Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca" or "@cic.gc.ca"

If you received none call IRCC and ask for Application Number as they said your application is in process. Using that and the UCI you should be able to create a tracker account on https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

I tried calling them, they are not coming on call. Do you have any particular to call them?

Drupesh

Dec 23, 2022
Also try checking your junk email inbox and reconfirm you have given the right email address to them
This was the reply from them (I have copy/pated the whole email):

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they will be added to your file shortly. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Merna

Jan 23, 2023
I submitted my application on Sep 16th 2022.
I submitted mine online Sept 29.l actually originally submitted May but it wouldn’t accept my PR card as secondary ID so I resubmitted late after a bit of a fiasco getting a BC ID). My original online account just reads submitted for review. I am unable to create the tracker account, it says UCI not found…. It’s been nearly
Four months. Two weeks or so after I submitted, On Oct 17, I got an email saying it was an acknowledgment of receipt which I originally took to mean AOR. But felt very soon. It has an application number on the top of the pdf. On October 25, I got another email That prompted me to create a tracker account but I kept getting an error message that the UCI is invalid. I still do. Why is this finicky, what am I missing . Like to think I’m smart enough like

Last edited:

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
@sdharan21 you are usually first to spot movements. Anything you see? Or are we unnecessarily getting excited with DM on ECAS but nothing on the tracker.... Maybe DM gets updated for everyone over there way way before it shows up on the tracker, and maybe the oath invite is weeks after a DM on online tracker but months after DM on ECAS..... Views?

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
@sdharan21 you are usually first to spot movements. Anything you see? Or are we unnecessarily getting excited with DM on ECAS but nothing on the tracker.... Maybe DM gets updated for everyone over there way way before it shows up on the tracker, and maybe the oath invite is weeks after a DM on online tracker but months after DM on ECAS..... Views?
Hi
I don't see any movement yet. Tracker is showing the same status. I see applicants from Mississauga(August and July group) getting an Oath letter 2 weeks after the DM on ECAS. I am not sure how it will turn out . Someone said here earlier that the tracker lags behind. Hoping that is the case.
Maybe someone can shine some light

I will update if I see anything

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi
I don't see any movement yet. Tracker is showing the same status. I see applicants from Mississauga(August and July group) getting an Oath letter 2 weeks after the DM on ECAS. I am not sure how it will turn out . Someone said here earlier that the tracker lags behind. Hoping that is the case.
Maybe someone can shine some light

I will update if I see anything
yes generally 2-3 weeks after DM. but in those cases you also notice that other tracks (on the online tracker) show completed on the same date as DM whereas in our case DM is only on ECAS and neither different tracks nor DM have been updated in the tracker. confusing.....

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
This was the reply from them (I have copy/pated the whole email):

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they will be added to your file shortly. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
This seems to be a response from them for a webform submission. Did you sent them any missing documents?

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
yes generally 2-3 weeks after DM. but in those cases you also notice that other tracks (on the online tracker) show completed on the same date as DM whereas in our case DM is only on ECAS and neither different tracks nor DM have been updated in the tracker. confusing.....
It has been noted that tracker lags behind ECAS in *most* cases by 24-48 hours or even 72 hours.
In other cases there have been emails to people about things that weren't updated on ECAS or tracker.
We can assume that one trickles into another at some point, you should see some updates on the tracker next.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Got a GU this morning - January 20th.
BG is still In Progress. What it could be?
EDIT : ECAS = In Process
No update on the tracker yet after the Ghost Update of Jan 20th. BG is still showing In Progress.
Hoping for some movement this week.

When I login into ECAS and click on 'In Process'. I see below.

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 21, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 1, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 18, 2023.

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
No update on the tracker yet after the Ghost Update of Jan 20th. BG is still showing In Progress.
Hoping for some movement this week.

When I login into ECAS and click on 'In Process'. I see below.

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 21, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 1, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 18, 2023.
Your and my timelines are same, my application too reached on September 20 and I received the AOR on November 1 but no such change in my ECAS.

I have 2 GUs (November 29 and December 24) so far and my spouse has just one GU (December 16). For last 1+ month, no GUs, I’m getting worried if they are even working on our application.

I have been reading lots of good post about people getting BG done, test done - congratulations to everyone those who got BG done and for passing your test. It is now getting little disheartening to not see any GU or progress on my application.

canadiandream2019

Aug 26, 2019
We are family of 3 (Husband, wife and son (9yr)) submitted the application. Mine and wife's Background check complete and now trying to access the portal it says Loading... / Chargement... error and does not load the page, how to get around this issue?.
Couple days back I was able to login and both of us had Background Check complete.

However I am able to login to my son application but his status is all - In-Progress -> is this normal?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
We are family of 3 (Husband, wife and son (9yr)) submitted the application. Mine and wife's Background check complete and now trying to access the portal it says Loading... / Chargement... error and does not load the page, how to get around this issue?.
Couple days back I was able to login and both of us had Background Check complete.

However I am able to login to my son application but his status is all - In-Progress -> is this normal?

Logged in just now. Working fine for me

mopjedopje101

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Any online applicants whose BG check was completed in Dec 22, got test invite already?
Im so ready to take the test I don’t wanna be thinking or retaining that information anymore .

APLICATION DETAILS AS FOLLOW

online aplication Sept 06 22
AOR sept 09 2022
BG completed Dec 22 , 22
Everything else still pending
No ghost updates

Reactions: Sara_3107