+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
We are family of 3 (Husband, wife and son (9yr)) submitted the application. Mine and wife's Background check complete and now trying to access the portal it says Loading... / Chargement... error and does not load the page, how to get around this issue?.
Couple days back I was able to login and both of us had Background Check complete.

However I am able to login to my son application but his status is all - In-Progress -> is this normal?
This issue happens sometimes. You can go through the same troubleshooting steps of clearing cache, using another browser etc. Although, it seems sometimes this issue happens on the system (IRCC side) and resolves itself in a few days. You can try sending a webform under technical issues, but for most it cleared up by itself with next steps.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi just a question to ask for one of my friend who is in process of applying as well. He was going through the application form and saw a new question added to it, how you would like to receive your citizenship certificate- electronic or paper? Was that an option in any of your application? I can't recall if this was an option before or not!!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi just a question to ask for one of my friend who is in process of applying as well. He was going through the application form and saw a new question added to it, how you would like to receive your citizenship certificate- electronic or paper? Was that an option in any of your application? I can't recall if this was an option before or not!!
Started from 4th Jan 2023 where you are given a choice. Applicants before that will get the paper one if they are not given an option to select e-certificate as part of test email invite.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
That must have been added afterwards, as the option really went live after Jan 4, 2023.

EDIT: I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else can answer here. That's a new question.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Started from 4th Jan 2023 where you are given a choice. Applicants before that will get the paper one if they are not given an option to select e-certificate as part of test email invite.
Wow that is crazy. So much easier for new applicants then!!

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Your and my timelines are same, my application too reached on September 20 and I received the AOR on November 1 but no such change in my ECAS.

I have 2 GUs (November 29 and December 24) so far and my spouse has just one GU (December 16). For last 1+ month, no GUs, I’m getting worried if they are even working on our application.

I have been reading lots of good post about people getting BG done, test done - congratulations to everyone those who got BG done and for passing your test. It is now getting little disheartening to not see any GU or progress on my application.
I hope and wish all of us get updates this week.

Reactions: adigautam

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
No update on the tracker yet after the Ghost Update of Jan 20th. BG is still showing In Progress.
Hoping for some movement this week.

When I login into ECAS and click on 'In Process'. I see below.

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 21, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 1, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 18, 2023.

UPDATE :
My spouse and I received the email to take the citizenship between Jan 27th and Feb 16th.

Question from experts and people who have already given tests : Do we need to register somewhere first and book a date or when we are ready (studied the test guide) we can just click the link (in the PDF of the test invite email) and sign-in and give the test within the 21 days?

Thanks and best!
MS

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
UPDATE :
My spouse and I received the email to take the citizenship between Jan 27th and Feb 16th.

Question from experts and people who have already given tests : Do we need to register somewhere first and book a date or when we are ready (studied the test guide) we can just click the link (in the PDF of the test invite email) and sign-in and give the test within the 21 days?

Thanks and best!
MS
You can take the test anytime in the test window. No registration required. What's the e-mail you received your invite from?