+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

reyhan12

Oct 1, 2021
Hi there,

I already submitted my application but I realized something right after.

In my IMM5532 Part C question 9. I selected No in the question
"Were there formal ceremonies or events to recognize or celebrate your relationship, e.g., engagement ceremony, traditional or customary marriage
ceremony, commitment ceremony, partnership ceremony, reception, honeymoon, etc.?"

But I forgot to add an explanation immediately below it on the reason why no formal celebration was done. Would IRCC outright return this? Or would they send request for additional information?

Also, the police certificate I sent was a photocopy. Is this ok or should it have been the original?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: asdfghj

tigerc

Sep 16, 2021
Hi there,

I already submitted my application but I realized something right after.

In my IMM5532 Part C question 9. I selected No in the question
"Were there formal ceremonies or events to recognize or celebrate your relationship, e.g., engagement ceremony, traditional or customary marriage
ceremony, commitment ceremony, partnership ceremony, reception, honeymoon, etc.?"

But I forgot to add an explanation immediately below it on the reason why no formal celebration was done. Would IRCC outright return this? Or would they send request for additional information?

Also, the police certificate I sent was a photocopy. Is this ok or should it have been the original?

Thank you in advance!
They could, since technically you did not follow their instructions. Are wedding/ceremony photos required for your situation? If so, then the explanation for not having a wedding/ceremony would be important.

If they do accept your application and send you an AOR, I suggest that you send them the explanation via web form.

tahab

Oct 3, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have submitted my application on the 19th of September through the online portal. I got a confirmation email from IRCC after I submitted my application.

Still didn't receive any AoR communication as yet. All documents were scanned and copies were uploaded. We also added a letter of explanation just in case to give it a more personal touch. Let's when we get the AoR. otherwise I will give IRCC a call in a week to check on the application.

One thing though my employment details have recently changed, almost two weeks after I have submitted my application. Would re-submit a new employment letter from the new employer once I have received AoR. :)

Kr.

tigerc

Sep 16, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have submitted my application on the 19th of September through the online portal. I got a confirmation email from IRCC after I submitted my application.

Still didn't receive any AoR communication as yet. All documents were scanned and copies were uploaded. We also added a letter of explanation just in case to give it a more personal touch. Let's when we get the AoR. otherwise I will give IRCC a call in a week to check on the application.

One thing though my employment details have recently changed, almost two weeks after I have submitted my application. Would re-submit a new employment letter from the new employer once I have received AoR. :)

Kr.
According to the current trend, it takes about 60 days to receive an AOR.

See the outland tracker for other applicants' timelines:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1842971694

No August applicants have received AOR yet. We will have to wait.

tahab

Oct 3, 2021
According to the current trend, it takes about 60 days to receive an AOR.

See the outland tracker for other applicants' timelines:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1842971694

No August applicants have received AOR yet. We will have to wait.
Yup, saw that. Apparently, people who submitted between March to May got their AoR in pretty much a month, that was fast. Maybe the process gets better now, hopefully.

I have added my details to this googledoc document now as well. Let's see! I got my own Permanent Residency in almost a month back in late 2017, so I am guessing this should work through fast as well. Usually we should all have our spousal PRs by March 2022 latest, I am guessing, 6 months that is!

jp_88

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
August applicants started receiving AOR from yesterday. Hopefully, we can expect to receive AOR next month.

anoypi

Oct 6, 2021
Hi everyone,

I hope you guys have any suggestions. My spouse is Canadian in Canada. I am a from Philippines working in the middle east. We just recently submitted our outland application and was delivered to Sydney office last Sep 28 as per DHL. We haven't received any response from IRCC though.

Unfortunately I might return to Philippines by end of this month as my company started laying off employees. Will it affect our spousal application if I change my location and my job status immediately after submitting the application? and how will we be able to update ircc if this happened and we still didn't get the aor? Thank you so much!

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
at IMM 5332, If I was self-employed, do I still need to provide the address and telephone number? I worked from home.
I was not paying taxes, so most of my income was paid in CASH. How to demonstrate, will this be an issue?
If you are working under your own incorporation provide your Inc # / name and address its registered to and your mobile number.

ML2021

Oct 9, 2021
Hi,

Submitted paper application, Outland spousal application on September 15th, and it was received on September 17th, currently waiting for an AOR.

bharatmalik

Apr 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

Kr.
Hi ,
Could you tell me if you digitally signed the forms that needs to be uploaded such as im344e and imm5532 relationship application( needs to be signed by both applicant and sponser). I am bit confused that now if we have to upload the forms do we sign them even through digital signature or leave it blank ? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

tahab

Oct 3, 2021
Hi ,
Could you tell me if you digitally signed the forms that needs to be uploaded such as im344e and imm5532 relationship application( needs to be signed by both applicant and sponser). I am bit confused that now if we have to upload the forms do we sign them even through digital signature or leave it blank ? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hey man,

My wife signed first after printing them out, scanned and then i printed them here, signed and re-scanned.

Those are the two forms that need scanned forms only with both sponsors and principal applicants signature if you are submitting your application online.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Kr.