+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Jody123

Jun 6, 2022
Thank you. That is a long delay from Pre arrival letter to PPR. From March until now. I noticed there was also a larger gap in time from your AOR to sponsorship approval. Praying you will receive good news by the end of this month. We haven’t even received pre arrival, so at this point I’m assuming we will be passing the 12 month mark for any movement for pre arrival emails or PPR for our application :(

a380vs787

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Thank you. That is a long delay from Pre arrival letter to PPR. From March until now. I noticed there was also a larger gap in time from your AOR to sponsorship approval. Praying you will receive good news by the end of this month. We haven’t even received pre arrival, so at this point I’m assuming we will be passing the 12 month mark for any movement for pre arrival emails or PPR for our application :(
Thanks....well....maybe due to the Afghan and Ukraine situation that delay us .....we just can't do anything other than to wait for a miracle to happen every morning when you're awake. All the best to you too.

Reactions: manisingh2301

Vauguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Its horribly slow now..last gc key update was on April 1st. Liberal seems forgot their election manifesto.

bryce343

Sep 6, 2013
Not sure if it helps at all but got my gcms notes on friday, more than anything was curious about a few details. Currently we are sep 12th applicant stuck on eligibility in progress/background verification not started on new tracker last update may 20th.

The new tracker in this case was completely accurate by going with case notes but a few notes

-Next review of file is set for this week not sure how often they do a check? monthly?

-Even though tracker froze on may20th the last update on the file was may 30th... which means the agent can totally turn off updating tracker. Before it was updating 2-3 x a week. I suspect updates will be back after the agent continues on my file later this week.

Now a few odd things in the file ive noticed, could be problems or not...

1. in officers notes he says my spouse is Hong kong citizen... hes actually China citizen and yes all address is in china... I was wondering why his office was in Hong kong instead of china the whole time...(unless china doesn't do spousal sponsorship cases)

2. criminality got requested twice by accident with the newest one getting cancelled but then under activity criminality went from

Not started to pass to now in progress...

Other than that it looks like the hong kong office pretty much never really touched the file much since getting it in February they had a basic officer do basic analyst of the file in February write notes summing up the application, no red flags i noticed.

a380vs787

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Not sure if it helps at all but got my gcms notes on friday, more than anything was curious about a few details. Currently we are sep 12th applicant stuck on eligibility in progress/background verification not started on new tracker last update may 20th.

The new tracker in this case was completely accurate by going with case notes but a few notes

-Next review of file is set for this week not sure how often they do a check? monthly?

-Even though tracker froze on may20th the last update on the file was may 30th... which means the agent can totally turn off updating tracker. Before it was updating 2-3 x a week. I suspect updates will be back after the agent continues on my file later this week.

Now a few odd things in the file ive noticed, could be problems or not...

1. in officers notes he says my spouse is Hong kong citizen... hes actually China citizen and yes all address is in china... I was wondering why his office was in Hong kong instead of china the whole time...(unless china doesn't do spousal sponsorship cases)

2. criminality got requested twice by accident with the newest one getting cancelled but then under activity criminality went from

Not started to pass to now in progress...

Other than that it looks like the hong kong office pretty much never really touched the file much since getting it in February they had a basic officer do basic analyst of the file in February write notes summing up the application, no red flags i noticed.
I am not sure how does IRCC update the tracker too...........for my case, I have received an email saying that they have received my police certificate in Apr but they update the tracker a month later with the date that they received the document. All required documents in the tracker are either completed or Received but in GCKey both Eligibility and Background Check is still in progress, but both have already been completed in the tracker which is odd........I have been waiting to receive the passport request email for almost 2 months now.........I do hope to receive some good news soon!

I guess all China citizen's applications go through in HK as HK is part of China now, right?!

bryce343

Sep 6, 2013
I am not sure how does IRCC update the tracker too...........for my case, I have received an email saying that they have received my police certificate in Apr but they update the tracker a month later with the date that they received the document. All required documents in the tracker are either completed or Received but in GCKey both Eligibility and Background Check is still in progress, but both have already been completed in the tracker which is odd........I have been waiting to receive the passport request email for almost 2 months now.........I do hope to receive some good news soon!

I guess all China citizen's applications go through in HK as HK is part of China now, right?!
Yea might be though there certainly was p.r. processing center in beijing in atleast early 2021 (possibly covid stopped cases from going there later,)
But for chinese people they are quite a bit different, it would be extremely difficult to travel to hong kong for any interview if it was held there (Not because of distance) . Although im imagine the Hong kong office would atleast understand the difference between the two areas.
Just weird how the canada office mistook the two in notes.

akglad

Dec 31, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2021
AOR Received.
06-01-2022
File Transfer...
13-01-2022
Med's Request
17-01-2022
Med's Done....
8-02-2022
If we don’t receive GCMS notes even after a month then what are our options? What can we do?
I have applied on May 5th till today there is No update and I haven’t received anything.
This is frustrating.

Reactions: Navs11

bryce343

Sep 6, 2013
If we don’t receive GCMS notes even after a month then what are our options? What can we do?
I have applied on May 5th till today there is No update and I haven’t received anything.
This is frustrating.
Could be mail issues or perhaps filled out something wrong you will need to contact them at ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca

Include your temporary tracking number you got from them in the email.

Just a reminder for others they have a full 30 days starting from the first weekday/non holiday..
mine was sent exactly 30 day mark and i applied after you.

Pedim

Dec 15, 2021
What does it mean when 'We received your enquiry' is updated on the status tracker?
Medical has been passed, while eligibility and background check have not started.
Does it mean PPR is on its way?

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
What does it mean when 'We received your enquiry' is updated on the status tracker?
Medical has been passed, while eligibility and background check have not started.
Does it mean PPR is on its way?
I received the same thing yesterday
But everyone is saying its bcz i raised webform thats why
U incase of u raised webform probably

Reactions: Pedim