+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

akhildeviprasad

Aug 25, 2017
I submitted my wife and daughter's application in September(paper based) and IRCC received it on September 7th ( as per the portal ). They completed their medical on 17th Feb 2022 and there is no update since. What I can see on the online portal they haven't even started their eligibility or background verification. Why is it taking so long ? How long do we need to wait? have sent multiple webform request but its the same common response( high number of application blah blah blah ) and no one answers the phone lines. What is going on ?

Reactions: Navs11

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I submitted my wife and daughter's application in September(paper based) and IRCC received it on September 7th ( as per the portal ). They completed their medical on 17th Feb 2022 and there is no update since. What I can see on the online portal they haven't even started their eligibility or background verification. Why is it taking so long ? How long do we need to wait? have sent multiple webform request but its the same common response( high number of application blah blah blah ) and no one answers the phone lines. What is going on ?
Unfortunately this is all relatively normal.

Whether the various systems show 'started eligibility' or in progress or whatever has little bearing on what is actually happening. There can be and is some difference between the systems reporting this info (there are what, three now?), and so even if there is some info to be gleaned from comparing language between them, only true connoisseurs know - and if you don't at least specify, they won't be able to tell you anything either.

Or in simple terms: probably this won't tell you anything at all. If you want it to tell you anything, even a little bit (which may also be useless but maybe not), you can't just say 'online portal.' Be specific.

And then be skeptical because a lot of the info you get here that implies they know how long your file will take is wrong anyway.

a380vs787

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
What does it mean when 'We received your enquiry' is updated on the status tracker?
Medical has been passed, while eligibility and background check have not started.
Does it mean PPR is on its way?
"We received your enquiry" only meant they have received the enquiry that you sent to them via the Webform a while back. Maybe a month or 2 ago....nothing special meaning. You only have your medical passed but not the others, sorry I don't think you are even close to the PPR stage to my point of view.

a380vs787

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
I filed application for my wife on 21st September 2021. Got AOR, passed biometrics and medical. But haven’t heard from IRCC since 11th March after she passed her medical. Why is it taking so long?
We are all asking the same question..........Why is it taking so long!!

Reactions: Navs11

Vauguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Am in the same boat. No update after medical in March. The ghost updates are also stopped from last 2 months. If its a resource issue then how come Jan 2022 people getting PR while people from july 2021 still waiting for no reason, at least no reason communicated to the applicants. Absolute no transparency. Family reunification has taken a back seat after Liberals won the election. Seems their election manifesto vanished in thin air. I brought this topic with the local MP and seems they are of no use except giving you the application status no better than what we see ourself.

Papelucho

Feb 23, 2022
Am in the same boat. No update after medical in March. The ghost updates are also stopped from last 2 months. If its a resource issue then how come Jan 2022 people getting PR while people from july 2021 still waiting for no reason, at least no reason communicated to the applicants. Absolute no transparency. Family reunification has taken a back seat after Liberals won the election. Seems their election manifesto vanished in thin air. I brought this topic with the local MP and seems they are of no use except giving you the application status no better than what we see ourself.

same here. i applied in april 2021 inland. last update october 2021.

mp cant do nothing about it.

tahab

Oct 3, 2021
I filed application for my wife on 21st September 2021. Got AOR, passed biometrics and medical. But haven’t heard from IRCC since 11th March after she passed her medical. Why is it taking so long?

I am commenting on this forum after almost 3 to 4 months. I am exactly the same as you. I applied online for my wife on 19th September 2021. We have received the AOR, passed biometrics back on Jan 7th 2022, she got her medical passed on March 25th 2022, however we haven't heard anything after that.

I know it usually takes an average of 3 months from Medical to the PPR but it has been 3 months already since March 25th. Her eligibility and background checks are in progress.

These guys are ridiculously slow, feels like I am in a third world country. Don't see the value in coming to Canada with such a messed up process and system honestly, what's the point!

I have raised to my area's MP and even they respond too slow and a bloody mess as well, still not able to get an update from IRCC even after I asked them to enquire back on June 24th. Such a messed up country honestly, it's just the same as the East, at least there we can pay some money and get things sorted urgently.

I will probably try to escalate this, unacceptable on how they don't give a shit about our applications while we pay 30% 40% in bloody taxes to these incompetent institutions

Vauguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
I am commenting on this forum after almost 3 to 4 months. I am exactly the same as you. I applied online for my wife on 19th September 2021. We have received the AOR, passed biometrics back on Jan 7th 2022, she got her medical passed on March 25th 2022, however we haven't heard anything after that.

I know it usually takes an average of 3 months from Medical to the PPR but it has been 3 months already since March 25th. Her eligibility and background checks are in progress.

These guys are ridiculously slow, feels like I am in a third world country. Don't see the value in coming to Canada with such a messed up process and system honestly, what's the point!

I have raised to my area's MP and even they respond too slow and a bloody mess as well, still not able to get an update from IRCC even after I asked them to enquire back on June 24th. Such a messed up country honestly, it's just the same as the East, at least there we can pay some money and get things sorted urgently.

I will probably try to escalate this, unacceptable on how they don't give a shit about our applications while we pay 30% 40% in bloody taxes to these incompetent institutions
Looks like all govt machinery busy processing 300k Ukranian applicants. The backlogged ones like ours are forgotten. I was contemplating for the visitor visa for a while but was waiting with the hope that the COPR will come this summer but as the chance is slim am now going to apply for the visitor visa.

Jody123

Jun 6, 2022
Looks like all govt machinery busy processing 300k Ukranian applicants. The backlogged ones like ours are forgotten. I was contemplating for the visitor visa for a while but was waiting with the hope that the COPR will come this summer but as the chance is slim am now going to apply for the visitor visa.
Please let us know how your application for visitors visa goes. I contacted an immigration consultant and she basically said we’d be denied because my husband is already married to a Canadian and they would deny based on no intention to leave Canada, so we abandoned our application in hopes of a quick approval. But almost at the year mark and nothing in terms of approval from IRCC.

a380vs787

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
I can't agree with you more........Ukrainian are welcome to come to Canada, but our government should not place all eggs into one basket.......IRCC should also take care of our applications as well.......aren't we all taxpayers for God's sake!

Vauguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Please let us know how your application for visitors visa goes. I contacted an immigration consultant and she basically said we’d be denied because my husband is already married to a Canadian and they would deny based on no intention to leave Canada, so we abandoned our application in hopes of a quick approval. But almost at the year mark and nothing in terms of approval from IRCC.
If am not wrong just the spouse being Canadian is no more a ground to deny visitor visa . As per an earlier minister instruction to the visa officers, on the basis of "Dual Intention" there is chance of visitor visa approval if strong tie to the country can be provided like a job and kid continuing education back home etc even though PR application in progress.. having said that am not sure of any increase in the approval rate after the new guideline. This guideline came when there were a petition submitted to provide visitor visa for spouses those who already crossed SA stage. Instead of bringing a news visitor visa category the "Dual intent " guideline was introduced by the previous minister. I know its a painful process of gathering tons of documents again. its wastage of my time also wastage of another visa officers time to go through all the documentation am going to submit. This is the beauty of bureaucracy which does not want to simplify the process and we all are victim of that.

Reactions: manisingh2301