+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Inderjeet1539

Jul 12, 2015
CIC received fingerprints in March but the background check is still in process. How much time it will take to check the background usually?

kakuyo

Apr 17, 2019
Hi, My question is after u done the citizenship oath, which comes the first? The online applicaion marked as complated or the certificate get mailed?

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Hi,
I found out my processing office is Vancouver and I live in Edmonton, how do I reach out to Edmonton office, There is no update since 5 July and I have no clue what to do, my pr expired, and my application not moving forward but no apparent reason, I called IRCC and the agent told me to just wait and they received all the required documents from my side.
How to expedite the process?
I passed the test already
Prohibition in process
Language in process
Oath not started

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi,
I found out my processing office is Vancouver and I live in Edmonton, how do I reach out to Edmonton office, There is no update since 5 July and I have no clue what to do, my pr expired, and my application not moving forward but no apparent reason, I called IRCC and the agent told me to just wait and they received all the required documents from my side.
Prohibition in process
Language in process
Oath not started
Why would you want to talk to the Edmonton office if your office is Vancouver?

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Hi, My question is after u done the citizenship oath, which comes the first? The online applicaion marked as complated or the certificate get mailed?
After reading most of the posts in Citizenship Certificate thread.
they update the status and then mail the cert. (most of the times)

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Hi,
Prohibition in process
Language in process
Oath not started
Which office sent you the test invite? Can you please share your full timeline here?

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Hi,
Prohibition in process
Language in process
Oath not started
I just got my PR card stolen and I called IRCC to inform them and the rep told me that I don't need a PR card to proceed with my citizenship application, I have an option to renew my PR and then cut it during the oath or I can fill in the solemn declaration to inform PR office that my pr card was stolen (your case is expired) and I have no plan to travel in the near future and I'm not planning to renew my pr card. It's doesn't mean I will lose my pr status, I can change my mind and renew my pr card anytime I want, but at this moment I don't want to renew just to have it so I can cut it into half during the oath. I asked her if I can expedite my application she said no, you can expedite your pr renewal application but not the citizenship application. You can always try, maybe you will get a better answer than mine. Let me know if you can so I can expedite mine.
I finished my test on June 3rd and my application is not moving either, even longer than yours and they just told me to wait. Nothing we can do in this case.

Reactions: DIbraheem

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
CIC received fingerprints in March but the background check is still in process. How much time it will take to check the background usually?
No time is given. My background check still going on since I submitted my application. No moving at all. I called IRCC and asked about it, the rep said it's internal information and she couldn't tell me how long roughly but just wait, right now they don't need anything from me.

Reactions: Inderjeet1539

a_mand2

Jun 11, 2015
Hello guys, anybody having problem with new tracker I changed the password but it keeps on loading after signing in. It’s just days loading.

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Hi, I got 2 new updates today:
Citizenship oath status updated to Completed: October 21, 2022 and
Citizenship application status: Closed : Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations! You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

My timeline is in my signature. I will update once I receive the certificate.

Last edited: