+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

SonalKV

Dec 16, 2020
Hello Everyone, my sponsorship package was recieved on 17th sept, and my spouse was already added as non accompanying 2 years back but now in Schedule A form he wrong checked the box for no TRV refusal (luckily we figured it out) but he had one in 2020.. for that we filled the webform and provided with corrected sch A but the agent who gave us temp no told that forum will be only considered after AOR!
We have no AOR but a reply came that Information has been verified... any insights please? And any updates about AOR? Can it come without this form updating also?

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello Everyone, my sponsorship package was recieved on 17th sept, and my spouse was already added as non accompanying 2 years back but now in Schedule A form he wrong checked the box for no TRV refusal (luckily we figured it out) but he had one in 2020.. for that we filled the webform and provided with corrected sch A but the agent who gave us temp no told that forum will be only considered after AOR!
We have no AOR but a reply came that Information has been verified... any insights please? And any updates about AOR? Can it come without this form updating also?
From what you say it sounds like they have matched up your web form with your app. Until you get AOR your file has not yet been reviewed by an officer, the officer should see the web form and will include it in their review. You should get AOR with or without the web form. AOR means they have reviewed your app to ensure all the required docs are there, they have not yet looked at the details in your app at that point. They will consider your amended form at that time. You are lucky that you caught the error when you did. I don't think it will be a problem. Be patient in your wait for AOR, could be a couple of months yet.

Reactions: SonalKV

SonalKV

Dec 16, 2020
From what you say it sounds like they have matched up your web form with your app. Until you get AOR your file has not yet been reviewed by an officer, the officer should see the web form and will include it in their review. You should get AOR with or without the web form. AOR means they have reviewed your app to ensure all the required docs are there, they have not yet looked at the details in your app at that point. They will consider your amended form at that time. You are lucky that you caught the error when you did. I don't think it will be a problem. Be patient in your wait for AOR, could be a couple of months yet.
Thank you so much

CanadianCatLady

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
I didn't mean to say that having a temp number implied that. I'm just paraphrasing what they've told me over the phone, that on my specific case the completeness has been already validated. Apologies for not being clear enough.
Don’t listen to the call centre workers. They often provide incorrect information. There is no way to guarantee your completeness has been validated until you receive AOR. That is the purpose of AOR.

Reactions: Okotoks and pc8922

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
My spouse and I are both in the US, so unfortunately the number doesn't work for me to even check. I did attempt to send in an update for my application, my husband's employer's name changed, so, sent in that update. I'll let you know if they respond.
I had sent in a document ( Form with zipcodes ) via a webform using my temp number to CIC about 3 weeks back, and I received an email yesterday confirming it has been attached to my application and is with the concerned visa officer now.

Hope this is useful information for the group. @JenniferinFL I know you were looking to resend an entire application because of some errors, so maybe you can use the webform as well, now that we know we can use a temp number prior to AOR1.

Reactions: Korion

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I had sent in a document ( Form with zipcodes ) via a webform using my temp number to CIC about 3 weeks back, and I received an email yesterday confirming it has been attached to my application and is with the concerned visa officer now.

Hope this is useful information for the group. @JenniferinFL I know you were looking to resend an entire application because of some errors, so maybe you can use the webform as well, now that we know we can use a temp number prior to AOR1.
Thank you for thinking of me- unfortunately I cannot get my temporary number because both I and my sponsor are outside Canada. I did send a document to try to attach and they sent me an email back asking me to resend with my application number, which of course I cannot access because I cannot call in.. lol

We were going to try to do a 3 way call- but, I've tried to walk his parents through that and it's truly hopeless as they are not tech savvy. As far as I can tell, we just have to wait for them to either return our app or request more information.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Thank you for thinking of me- unfortunately I cannot get my temporary number because both I and my sponsor are outside Canada. I did send a document to try to attach and they sent me an email back asking me to resend with my application number, which of course I cannot access because I cannot call in.. lol

We were going to try to do a 3 way call- but, I've tried to walk his parents through that and it's truly hopeless as they are not tech savvy. As far as I can tell, we just have to wait for them to either return our app or request more information.
@JenniferinFL, download a VoIP app for your phone. Burner for example has Canada numbers you can choose from to make the call.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I just filed a webform but I didn't receive any confirmation in my e-mail of the receipt. Is that normal?

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Reactions: Famof5 and villeray

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Anybody who is not a bureaucrat knows that it is insane to return an entire application for a missing email address on one form. It is an outrage that things such as this are keeping people separated, particularly parents and children. I hope the media continues to report on these things and people start complaining to their MPs.
Hi friends, I made a blunder. I am a sponsor, submitted outland application for my wife in india two months back. But we forgot to enter email address for her father in imm5406 form. Is it going to get returned? I am unable to send any web form beciase she does not have UCI number and unsuccessful in linking the application. Any help is greatly appreciated

Okotoks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hi friends, I made a blunder. I am a sponsor, submitted outland application for my wife in india two months back. But we forgot to enter email address for her father in imm5406 form. Is it going to get returned? I am unable to send any web form beciase she does not have UCI number and unsuccessful in linking the application. Any help is greatly appreciated
Her father might not having an email address , I don’t think it’s an issue . Not everyone has email address.
But you can still call IRCC and get a temporary number to link the webform

Reactions: Abhinandhan7

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Anybody who is not a bureaucrat knows that it is insane to return an entire application for a missing email address on one form. It is an outrage that things such as this are keeping people separated, particularly parents and children. I hope the media continues to report on these things and people start complaining to their MPs.
Note that the article said "included such information as the email addresses of her mother, father and siblings."

It does not say that these were the only things missing. Frankly the reporter did a bad job in not asking to see the actual letter and reporting completely what was identified as missing.

(Not saying I approve how they handle these returns - but one cannot say here that it was only the email addresses that were missing._

We submitted for my spouse and neither parents have emails and we simply wrote not available or something similar. No problems.

Reactions: Abhinandhan7