+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

SP29

Jan 2, 2021
Hello everyone, happy new year!

Just joined this forum and added our application details on Google sheets (although still waiting for AOR).

Thanks!

CanadianCatLady

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
My spouse (PA) is wanting to attend a Canadian school program. In order to do so she must be a PR by November 15, 2021. Our life plans will depend on her attending the program or not. Our app was received in Sydney on September 15, 2020. What do you think our chances are of her getting PR in 14 months? I know, I know, nothing can really be predicted...but do y’all think it’s a reasonable risk to take?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Im a June applicant and some people are get ppr. Ibhave talked to a few very knowledgable and helpful people on here. I also am wondering the same question.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I was roughly 5.5 months receiving AOR. But some March apps havent havent even gotten aor. It seems to be all over the place. Some are getting BIL before SA.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
My spouse (PA) is wanting to attend a Canadian school program. In order to do so she must be a PR by November 15, 2021. Our life plans will depend on her attending the program or not. Our app was received in Sydney on September 15, 2020. What do you think our chances are of her getting PR in 14 months? I know, I know, nothing can really be predicted...but do y’all think it’s a reasonable risk to take?
Not sure what you mean by your life plan? There are many things that will come into play that nobody here can predict. AOR's seem to be coming in a few months now but that's only the beginning of the process. There can be delays in background and other checks that can cause delays, sometimes big or small depending on where the PA is located, also have to take account for any possible Covid caused delays. If everything goes good I think you have a reasonable chance of getting it by then.

Another option is to apply for a study visa.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Been six months roughly now. So for them to meet the one year the nest six months will need some action. But some people from AOR to ppr was only two months. Not getting my hopes up. I have alrrady noticed a trend which doesnt favour me.

CanadianCatLady

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Not sure what you mean by your life plan? There are many things that will come into play that nobody here can predict. AOR's seem to be coming in a few months now but that's only the beginning of the process. There can be delays in background and other checks that can cause delays, sometimes big or small depending on where the PA is located, also have to take account for any possible Covid caused delays. If everything goes good I think you have a reasonable chance of getting it by then.

Another option is to apply for a study visa.
Thank you...sadly the program doesn’t accept international students. We are trying to decide if we should buy a house or not, long story, the program is tied up with finances. Hopefully ours will move at a reasonable pace, she is American and we have no dependents/prior marriage/crim history.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Thank you...sadly the program doesn’t accept international students. We are trying to decide if we should buy a house or not, long story, the program is tied up with finances. Hopefully ours will move at a reasonable pace, she is American and we have no dependents/prior marriage/crim history.
I'm hopeful Sept 2020 filers will be approved within 12 months. Don't rush any decisions about school. I'd wait until the end of Q1 to see how things are going with other applicants. I wouldn't worry too much about March/April applicants as their file is likely stuck on someone's desk in their office. Our files are all scanned for home based workers so I'm hopeful our files will move at the pre-pandemic rate of 12 months.

Stay positive.

SonalKV

Dec 16, 2020
I am so exhausted with my 15 month old and then regular studies.. I don’t know why I am posting this but I check the forums obsessively and docs google sheet also.. why the hell we are not getting through .. can someone suggest me that shall I go back to my country and leave my child as we have a lot of help there and also his dad .. and I come back with better focus.. when will this Aor come?? Or shall we wait for it?? I don’t think that spousal speed up process is at par with their promises.... uuugggghhhhh!!!!!!! Is anyone in same boat

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I am so exhausted with my 15 month old and then regular studies.. I don’t know why I am posting this but I check the forums obsessively and docs google sheet also.. why the hell we are not getting through .. can someone suggest me that shall I go back to my country and leave my child as we have a lot of help there and also his dad .. and I come back with better focus.. when will this Aor come?? Or shall we wait for it?? I don’t think that spousal speed up process is at par with their promises.... uuugggghhhhh!!!!!!! Is anyone in same boat
You only submitted in September, don't expect AOR for another couple of months. Work on finding some relaxation methods, you have quite away to go yet before your app will be completed. Try to relax.

Reactions: Korion

CanadianCatLady

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
I feel for you. Even if AOR comes, it will be awhile before COPR. Do what you need to do, to take care of yourself and your child. You’re not alone and you WILL make it through this!! Hang in there <3

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Agree, this process especially since covid is pointless in thinking it will be fast. Hope the best for you.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I'm sorry for your challenge. It sounds very hard.

Take one day at a time knowing that you've applied so the countdown has started even though it's taking a long time. Keep in mind that processing time is 12 months even before Covid. So while it's hard not knowing we're hopefully 1/3 of the way there.

Looking at the spreadsheet there continues to be new AORs listed for July and Aug 2020 applicants so we should be seeing ours soon.