+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
I would like to know how the application needs to be organized for the spouse sponsorship under Family Class for outland. We have prepared/filled all the documents stated in the Document Checklist. We don't have a proper reference for organizing the same. Can someone help us with that as we are planning to apply for September 2020. Do we need t have cover letter ??
I believe it is mentioned on the Checklist that documents should be in that order. If not, organize them in order as the appear in the checklist.

Reactions: Korion

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I would like to know how the application needs to be organized for the spouse sponsorship under Family Class for outland. We have prepared/filled all the documents stated in the Document Checklist. We don't have a proper reference for organizing the same. Can someone help us with that as we are planning to apply for September 2020. Do we need t have cover letter ??
Checklist, barcode pages then the order it appears on the C/L seems to be the norm.

rizwan23arif

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am applying for the Outland Spouse application. So that means, I am doing a spouse application under Family class. Can anybody cross-confirm the fees after April 1, 2020 increment? I am, more or less sure that the total comes to be CAD $1050 + Biometric fees of CAD $85. Anybody disagrees with that.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hi Guys,

I am applying for the Outland Spouse application. So that means, I am doing a spouse application under Family class. Can anybody cross-confirm the fees after April 1, 2020 increment? I am, more or less sure that the total comes to be CAD $1050 + Biometric fees of CAD $85. Anybody disagrees with that.
Yes sounds right. You can verify by doing to the page and checking out.

k8rth

Sep 18, 2020
I believe it is mentioned on the Checklist that documents should be in that order. If not, organize them in order as they appear in the checklist.
Thank you information. We are planning to go with the order stated in the checklist.
  1. IMM 5533 – Document Checklist
  2. Barcodes from IMM 1344 -> 1page & 0008 -> 2 Pages -
  3. Cover Letter
  4. Header Page 1 -> Sponsor Forms
    1. IMM 1344
    2. Application fee paid receipt
  5. Heading Page 2 -> Principal Application Forms
    1. IMM 0008
    2. IMM 5562
    3. IMM 5406
    4. IMM 5406
    5. IMM 5669
  6. Heading Page 3 -> Sponsor & Principal Application Forms
    1. IMM 5532
  7. Heading Page 4 -> Supporting Documents for Sponsor
    1. Permanent Resident card both sides
    2. Offer letter which includes information such as the period of employment, salary, hours per week & employer
    3. Payslip for the specified period of employment
    4. Notice of Assessment
    5. Proof of income statement - Bank statement or Payslip
  8. Heading Page 5 -> Supporting Documents for Principal Applicant
    1. Passport with all the stamped pages
    2. Birth certificate
    3. Aadhar Card
    4. Marriage certificate
    5. Police clearance certificate
    6. 2 x Passport size photos of the principal applicant
    7. Proof of relationship
      1. Bank transaction – Western Union statements
      2. 5 emails from friends & family
      3. Wedding invitations copy
      4. Health insurance
Do we need to submit the PCC original ??

Reactions: akreviews

katfernztan

Sep 10, 2020
Do you think its possible if you submitted your application (Outland) and decide to fly out and wait for the application (Inland)?

Okotoks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Experts!!! I forgot to mention the DOB and home adresse in 5406 form ( additional family info) , what will happen to my file?? Returned??

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Thank you information. We are planning to go with the order stated in the checklist.
  1. IMM 5533 – Document Checklist
  2. Barcodes from IMM 1344 -> 1page & 0008 -> 2 Pages -
  3. Cover Letter
  4. Header Page 1 -> Sponsor Forms
    1. IMM 1344
    2. Application fee paid receipt
  5. Heading Page 2 -> Principal Application Forms
    1. IMM 0008
    2. IMM 5562
    3. IMM 5406
    4. IMM 5406
    5. IMM 5669
  6. Heading Page 3 -> Sponsor & Principal Application Forms
    1. IMM 5532
  7. Heading Page 4 -> Supporting Documents for Sponsor
    1. Permanent Resident card both sides
    2. Offer letter which includes information such as the period of employment, salary, hours per week & employer
    3. Payslip for the specified period of employment
    4. Notice of Assessment
    5. Proof of income statement - Bank statement or Payslip
  8. Heading Page 5 -> Supporting Documents for Principal Applicant
    1. Passport with all the stamped pages
    2. Birth certificate
    3. Aadhar Card
    4. Marriage certificate
    5. Police clearance certificate
    6. 2 x Passport size photos of the principal applicant
    7. Proof of relationship
      1. Bank transaction – Western Union statements
      2. 5 emails from friends & family
      3. Wedding invitations copy
      4. Health insurance
Do we need to submit the PCC original ??
1. PCC has to be original.
2. Aren't you missing the 20x Pictures + Proof of contact?

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Experts!!! I forgot to mention the DOB and home adresse in 5406 form ( additional family info) , what will happen to my file?? Returned??
Not sure what will happen during Covid-19. This link says missing documents won't cause the application to be closed or refused due to Covid: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#processing

However you situation is that information is missing from one of the forms.

I'm not an expert by any means but I would either:

1. Send in the completed 5406 form with a cover letter outlining the attached should replace the original due to incomplete information. Be sure to include the PAs name and DOB as you don't have a file number to reference. This would work if the link above applies to your situation.

2. Resubmit a complete application package with a cover letter explaining your original 5406 was incomplete and to be safe you're resubmitting a new package (re-use the original fee payment receipt). This would, in the event the original application gets rejected, start the clock with the second application rather than have the first one rejected after many months and then starting the process again at that future date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Okotoks

k8rth

Sep 18, 2020
I have applied for Outland Spouse Sponsor on 21st Sep & It reached them on 22nd Sep.. I am scared to see on the timeline for AOR1... I can apply for TRV meanwhile before I get AOR1.. Please advice

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I have applied for Outland Spouse Sponsor on 21st Sep & It reached them on 22nd Sep.. I am scared to see on the timeline for AOR1... I can apply for TRV meanwhile before I get AOR1.. Please advice
Not sure. You may want to post a new thread to ask this question in order to get more eyes on it to see what earlier applicants did while waiting.

Vin121

Sep 23, 2020
Do we have tracking for the Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ? I am planning to apply for my wife in the end of sept

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Do we have tracking for the Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ? I am planning to apply for my wife in the end of sept
The link to the spreadsheet is in the first post on this thread. Good luck and be sure to sign everything.