+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
HI everyone, i have another question... Do we require the original document of police clearance or can my spouse( she's in India) scan it and send it to me and i can print it here ... Please share your insights on this. Thanks
I suggest to check the country specific requirments.

Reactions: Korion

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Sponsor sent our spousal application today, and it would most likely get to Sydney NS by Friday. Long wait ahead, but I hope things somehow move quicker than expected. I wonder if there is a way to inform them about any new update without AOR. My sponsor might get another contract extension related to the job, so how do we update them?

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Sponsor sent our spousal application today, and it would most likely get to Sydney NS by Friday. Long wait ahead, but I hope things somehow move quicker than expected. I wonder if there is a way to inform them about any new update without AOR. My sponsor might get another contract extension related to the job, so how do we update them?
Congrats for starting the clock! Not sure on your other question.

Reactions: bcakes

nawartamawi

Jun 20, 2018
Folks, my package was delivered 2 days ago and now I'm scared to read that it might take up to 18th months, tell me these are just speculations

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You do realize they have tens of thousands of backlog and hundreds of new applications adding up every single day!
In the time it took me to type this post, 10 new applications have been sent to Sydney.

Processing 10 applications for AOR1 in 1.5 months is like trying to fill a swimming pool using an ear dropper - its not realistic to give any timeline or that.
Although I agree we have no realistic idea, please leave the numbers out. Unless you type very slowly, that's just way off.

And keep in mind the number of people in the trackers is probably less than 10% of total apps. So more files are proceeding than we see here.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Oh look, someone from March 4th got AOR )))) looks like they moving on to March 4th AOR...lets see how fast they clear March 4th dates....looks like they are giving AOR1 and Biometrics request simultaneously....interesting.

Last edited:

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Folks, my package was delivered 2 days ago and now I'm scared to read that it might take up to 18th months, tell me these are just speculations
Government of Canada website says it's 12 months but that's the same number as before Covid slowed things down. At this point I would say it's a minimum 12 months unless the government fast track applications or add more staff.

Reactions: Inonoje

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Right now nobody knows, best you can do is follow the tracking spreadsheets and see what months are getting AOR's etc., that will give you an idea of how long before your app might be processed.

Reactions: Korion

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
@armoured @AutumnSkies when my spouse gets PPR
Right now nobody knows, best you can do is follow the tracking spreadsheets and see what months are getting AOR's etc., that will give you an idea of how long before your app might be processed.
......but the spreadsheets are less than 10% of the total applications in Canada...how are they any indication then? hmmmm?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
@armoured @AutumnSkies when my spouse gets PPR

......but the spreadsheets are less than 10% of the total applications in Canada...how are they any indication then? hmmmm?
It is all we have to go by so it is an indication of what is happening, I didn't say everybody who applied for PR is on this site. If you think it is worthless then don't look at it.

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
We sent my application in last week, should get delivered on the 21st. Saw no reason to pay for expedited shipping with the current circumstance.. lol

Now, I'm just going to try to forget that I applied for at least 4 months since it seems that's the soonest even an AOR could happen.

I sure wish I would have applied last November when we first started talking about it, back when it took a lot less time. But, oh well, it is what it is.

Oh yeah, edited to add, is there a list of visa offices? I know some of them likely have longer waits than others, is there any way to know what visa office my file would go to since I live in Florida?

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Oh look, someone from March 4th got AOR )))) looks like they moving on to March 4th AOR...lets see how fast they clear March 4th dates....looks like they are giving AOR1 and Biometrics request simultaneously....interesting.
What I found interesting was that someone from February got their passport request last week. :)

I know they probably lucked out and already had a lot of processing done before Covid was an issue- but, maybe we will be lucky and it won't be too horrible.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
What I found interesting was that someone from February got their passport request last week. :)

I know they probably lucked out and already had a lot of processing done before Covid was an issue- but, maybe we will be lucky and it won't be too horrible.
Fingers crossed! ))))