+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Same happened to me. My wife the PA forgot to sign. Took another 10 days As it took a week from India for the courier to reach But didn’t took chance. Welcome and the all the best.
This is a good time to remind everyone to ensure nothing is left blank. Be sure to put "N/A" or "Not Applicable" in any empty fields and purposely blank check-boxes so the CIC knows it's not missing information.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Given the PR process looks like a bottomless pit right now with no end in sight, wanted to inquire about what is more pertinent at this point in time.

Once we have couriered/mailed in our application, how long does it take for them to at least acknowledge they have received our file? (not talking about AOR1).

myers1811

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
If you're applying Outland then you can only work after you "Land" and get your PR status. If you're applying from within Canada the PA can apply for a work permit when applying for PR.
I have applied outland. How long is currently taking to get to the "landing stage" and what exactly is that

Angads

Sep 7, 2020
Welcome @Kiran90!

@bcakes, triple check the signatures. Especially Schedule A where you have to sign next to the typed signature section - an easy one to miss. Last thing anyone needs is to have the application returned and have to line up at the back again.
Hi , i just came across this post. I am in the middle of finalizing all my paperwork for outland spouse sponsorship. Could you please mention where exactly this is in the form??? I was looking for it but couldnt find what you were referring too

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I have applied outland. How long is currently taking to get to the "landing stage" and what exactly is that
According to the CIC website the processing time is 12 months. However, that number hasn't changed since the start of the pandemic and if you look at the Google sheets link from the first post you'll see there hasn't been any movement for applicants from April onward. This would lead me to guess that it will take 18+ months from the time you apply to get approval to "land" on Canada to activate your PR status and be able to start working.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi , i just came across this post. I am in the middle of finalizing all my paperwork for outland spouse sponsorship. Could you please mention where exactly this is in the form??? I was looking for it but couldn't find what you were referring too
The last page (6 of 6) of Schedule A. You need to sign in the signature box after the typed name of the Principal Applicant. Use the checklist imm5533 as it tells you all the places the sponsor and principal applicant needs to sign.

Reactions: corolla110

myers1811

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
According to the CIC website the processing time is 12 months. However, that number hasn't changed since the start of the pandemic and if you look at the Google sheets link from the first post you'll see there hasn't been any movement for applicants from April onward. This would lead me to guess that it will take 18+ months from the time you apply to get approval to "land" on Canada to activate your PR status and be able to start working.
Ahhh I see. And do you know if there is any kind of permit one can apply for whilst waiting for approval?

I sent mine last week but I'm going to Canada next month on the ETA visitor and hoping to extend it for a year to wait it out.

Also, do you know if it's best to tell the border guy of my intentions to wait out visa or should I just say I'm "visiting"

Angads

Sep 7, 2020
The last page (6 of 6) of Schedule A. You need to sign in the signature box after the typed name of the Principal Applicant. Use the checklist imm5533 as it tells you all the places the sponsor and principal applicant needs to sign.
Hi , are you talking about form eimm5669?? For some reason its showing 4 pages for me ... and at 4 out 4 where we are suppose to sign( since we filled the forms electronically) it says
" I agree that by typing my name, i am electronically signing my application"

and we just typed my spouse's name in it.... Do we need to sign next to the name as well??

Reactions: Binu Titus

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi , are you talking about form eimm5669?? For some reason its showing 4 pages for me ... and at 4 out 4 where we are suppose to sign( since we filled the forms electronically) it says
" I agree that by typing my name, i am electronically signing my application"

and we just typed my spouse's name in it.... Do we need to sign next to the name as well??
Right, total number of pages is dependent on how many extra fields so yours could be 4 pages.

Yes, you need to sign it with pen as well.

Reactions: Dave8008

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Ahhh I see. And do you know if there is any kind of permit one can apply for whilst waiting for approval?

I sent mine last week but I'm going to Canada next month on the ETA visitor and hoping to extend it for a year to wait it out.

Also, do you know if it's best to tell the border guy of my intentions to wait out visa or should I just say I'm "visiting"
Unfortunately that's not the path we're taking so I can't help with that but try searching the other threads.

Angads

Sep 7, 2020
Ok. yeah i just checked the imm5533 checklist. It just said to sign the form by PA so i thought typing the name electronically is actually signing it because that's how they put it... But ill get my spouse to sign it as well and scan me the document again :) Thanks y'all :)

Reactions: Korion

Angads

Sep 7, 2020
HI everyone, i have another question... Do we require the original document of police clearance or can my spouse( she's in India) scan it and send it to me and i can print it here ... Please share your insights on this. Thanks