+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
We sent my application in last week, should get delivered on the 21st. Saw no reason to pay for expedited shipping with the current circumstance.. lol

Now, I'm just going to try to forget that I applied for at least 4 months since it seems that's the soonest even an AOR could happen.

I sure wish I would have applied last November when we first started talking about it, back when it took a lot less time. But, oh well, it is what it is.

Oh yeah, edited to add, is there a list of visa offices? I know some of them likely have longer waits than others, is there any way to know what visa office my file would go to since I live in Florida?
Glad you started the clock to countdown! I know it's going to be a long wait but I still can't avoid checking the spreadsheet and this forum everyday. LOL.

You may want to post in an early timeline forum to get the answer on the visa office from someone that had theirs transferred already.

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Glad you started the clock to countdown! I know it's going to be a long wait but I still can't avoid checking the spreadsheet and this forum everyday. LOL.

You may want to post in an early timeline forum to get the answer on the visa office from someone that had theirs transferred already.
I was poking around a bit, and it looked like on the spreadsheet everyone from the US pretty much ended up going through the Mississauga office. There may be some exceptions, but, everyone I saw on the sheet got sent there. So, I'm going to assume that's likely it.

Reactions: Korion

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I was poking around a bit, and it looked like on the spreadsheet everyone from the US pretty much ended up going through the Mississauga office. There may be some exceptions, but, everyone I saw on the sheet got sent there. So, I'm going to assume that's likely it.
Thanks for the info. Good to know. We're in the US as well. I'm going to believe with the file staying in Canada that will minimize delays versus sending it out of country :)

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Thanks for the info. Good to know. We're in the US as well. I'm going to believe with the file staying in Canada that will minimize delays versus sending it out of country :)
one small problem - Mississauga is really slow now

myers1811

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Just a quick question if anyone can answer it.

Me and my common law partner fly from the UK (where I'm from) to Canada on the 10th october, we do London-Montreal-Halifax.

My question is, do I need to convince the border office at both montreal and halifax or just montreal?

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020

Me and my common law partner fly from the UK (where I'm from) to Canada on the 10th october, we do London-Montreal-Halifax.

My question is, do I need to convince the border office at both montreal and halifax or just montreal?
Not sure what you're trying to convince but you cross customs when you enter Canada then the rest of the travel is domestic. So if Montreal is your first stop then you cross customs there (pickup your luggage and re-check after you cross customs).

CanadianCatLady

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020

Above poster is correct, it’s just the first stop (Montreal).
Bring as much proof of relationship as possible. You’ll be fine!

Reactions: myers1811

myers1811

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Above poster is correct, it’s just the first stop (Montreal).
Bring as much proof of relationship as possible. You’ll be fine!
We both have individual bank statements and pay slips covering 12 months, amazon invoices and government letters all to your address

drainer

Jul 30, 2020
HI everyone, i have another question... Do we require the original document of police clearance or can my spouse( she's in India) scan it and send it to me and i can print it here ... Please share your insights on this. Thanks
Its the original document in the sealed envelope, I believe

drainer

Jul 30, 2020
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Given the PR process looks like a bottomless pit right now with no end in sight, wanted to inquire about what is more pertinent at this point in time.

Once we have couriered/mailed in our application, how long does it take for them to at least acknowledge they have received our file? (not talking about AOR1).
Isn't AOR1 just that?

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Isn't AOR1 just that?
So AOR1 is when they open your file and acknowledge that everything is complete. In some cases, they provide a temporary number prior to AOR1, which just shows they have received the package - does not attest to its completeness,

Reactions: Korion

k8rth

Sep 18, 2020
I would like to know how the application needs to be organized for the spouse sponsorship under Family Class for outland. We have prepared/filled all the documents stated in the Document Checklist. We don't have a proper reference for organizing the same. Can someone help us with that as we are planning to apply for September 2020. Do we need t have cover letter ??