+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

CanadianCatLady

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Im also on the same boat, I sent in my application for my husband and it was delivered by the mail company on September 23rd. Im getting a bit scared as to why I have-not received any news yet.
Don’t worry, it’s normal to have not received news yet. It’ll likely be a few months before we do.

adk2kili

Dec 2, 2020
Outland USA Sept 4. Once I receive my AOR1 from Sydney NS, where is my application then sent to? Is that all that takes place in Sydney, issuing AOR1's??

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Outland USA Sept 4. Once I receive my AOR1 from Sydney NS, where is my application then sent to? Is that all that takes place in Sydney, issuing AOR1's??
Usually applications from the US have been sent to Mississauga for the rest of the processing after AOR, SA and biometrics. But, Covid has changed things, so who knows, could get lucky and get Ottawa instead which has been processing a lot faster. Unfortunately, no way to know for sure, but, I would bet on Mississauga.

adk2kili

Dec 2, 2020
Usually applications from the US have been sent to Mississauga for the rest of the processing after AOR, SA and biometrics. But, Covid has changed things, so who knows, could get lucky and get Ottawa instead which has been processing a lot faster. Unfortunately, no way to know for sure, but, I would bet on Mississauga.
Thank you for the information! Trying to put all the pieces together can be difficult to understand. Mississauga is located in the region of Peel, and as of last week or so? it was under Ontario's Covid-19 "Gray lockdown". Not sure what affect if any that might have on the processing center. My hope is that spousal US app can be "relatively quickly" :) verified once it reaches a caseworkers desk. I'm 3 months and waiting for my AOR1 as of today, I know a have a wait in front of me. Again, thank you!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I understand that, I'm trying to figure out what happens to outland app. after the AOR1 is issued in N.S. Where does the app get sent to?
It can go many places from there, CPC-M and CPC-O right now seem to be doing the fastest processing but there is no guarantee it will go there. If not the usually sent to the LVO where the PA is from, that can also change as they send apps to different VO's to balance the number of apps for quicker processing. Essentially it can end up nowhere near where the PA is located, you just have to wait and hear from them. At this point in your app it doesn't mean a positive or negative thing as to where it is sent.

adk2kili

Dec 2, 2020
It can go many places from there, CPC-M and CPC-O right now seem to be doing the fastest processing but there is no guarantee it will go there. If not the usually sent to the LVO where the PA is from, that can also change as they send apps to different VO's to balance the number of apps for quicker processing. Essentially it can end up nowhere near where the PA is located, you just have to wait and hear from them. At this point in your app it doesn't mean a positive or negative thing as to where it is sent.
Okay, Thanks, I think It's starting to come together now. I was incorrectly hung up on the fact that the US is "visa" exempt, which has nothing to do with this process at all. PR app are processed at Canadian Visa Offices either for example in Mississauga or in Ottawa, Or in the PA home country, for me, US. Which has a LVO in New York and Los Angeles. That's why I didn't understand all the references in the Spousal Support Group Posts to all the VO's around the world (each was persons home country). Thank you!!

Picxie

Star Member
May 8, 2017
For Indian PA outland sponsorship, what docs did you guys provide in the country requirements? For example, the PA is residing in Canada and birth country is India, no other country stays for more than 6 months? Do you guys mind providing the guidance what did you provide and wrote in the checklist of country req section?

Secondly, do Indian PA's have to submit the travel history form too? As far as I know, it does not come in the country req on CIC. Just wanna double check. Replies are appreciated, thanks in advance!

Husna Jan

Sep 29, 2020
WHAT DID YOU ASK THEM?
I called and the agent asked for my reciept; asked for my name, DOB, and place of birth. I asked for a temorporay number since she told me she could see my application in the system and she gave me the temporary number.