+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***September 2020 INLAND Spousal PR***

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
Today I received confirmation of my visitor visa extension, that I submitted on September 16th 2020. No news about my actual PR application though.
Hi 020tothe6,

Can I have a question? Did you also submit open work permit along with your PR application? And then submit Visa extension as well?

I am the sponsor, do Sponsor have to fill out imm5406e ( Additional Family Information) as well? The reason why I am asking is because the guide only mentions ' Principal Applicant' to fill out form imm5406e but in the form indicates that' The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form. " I am just confused if I should follow the guide or the form.

Thank you for your help,

Javis

020tothe6

Sep 10, 2020
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
11-09-2020
Hi 020tothe6,

Can I have a question? Did you also submit open work permit along with your PR application? And then submit Visa extension as well?

I am the sponsor, do Sponsor have to fill out imm5406e ( Additional Family Information) as well? The reason why I am asking is because the guide only mentions ' Principal Applicant' to fill out form imm5406e but in the form indicates that' The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form. " I am just confused if I should follow the guide or the form.

Thank you for your help,

Javis
Hi Javis,
I submitted my Open Work Permit along with my PR application. Then as I paid my fees online before sending it out, I also applied for a tourist visa extension. I read it's not necessary, as you should get 'status' by having submitted the OWP and PR (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but I did it just in case.
About the form you mentioned, I think I followed the guide and so my sponsor didn't fill it in. Again, I can't tell you with a 100% certainty that what we did is correct, but I hope so? Hope this helped!

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
Hi Javis,
I submitted my Open Work Permit along with my PR application. Then as I paid my fees online before sending it out, I also applied for a tourist visa extension. I read it's not necessary, as you should get 'status' by having submitted the OWP and PR (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but I did it just in case.
About the form you mentioned, I think I followed the guide and so my sponsor didn't fill it in. Again, I can't tell you with a 100% certainty that what we did is correct, but I hope so? Hope this helped!

Hi 020tothe6,

You`re correct. I have done a little research and only Principal Applicant will have to fill out form imm5406e. As for visa extension, I think that is a good approach, it`s best to do it that way.

Thank you for replying back to me.

Javis

hnamson

Sep 17, 2019
I too submitted my application in September, I received an email from them letting me know it was delivered and then another one in December regarding biometric fees. I have yet to figure out if i am suppossed to link my application to my GOC account ( and how to do that) or if that is something they do. Please help, feeling stressed over it now. Today i just received an approval for my visitor visa until June.

dingledorf

Oct 2, 2020
I too submitted my application in September, I received an email from them letting me know it was delivered and then another one in December regarding biometric fees. I have yet to figure out if i am suppossed to link my application to my GOC account ( and how to do that) or if that is something they do. Please help, feeling stressed over it now. Today i just received an approval for my visitor visa until June.
Just keep waiting. You will get your AOR eventually. It will come in the form of an email to the sponsor (not PA), so look out for that. Then the PA can link the application, as well as the OWP, to their account using the link application function in the portal. There is no point trying to link it without the AOR email right now.

sandy92

May 8, 2018
Hi i am waiting too
When did u submit yours?
People who submitted after me getting AoRs but not me

020tothe6

Sep 10, 2020
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
11-09-2020
Hi there, my visitor visa is valid until May, which is very confusing since I'm 100% sure my OWP/PR won't be done by then. Should I call IRCC? Ignore it? Help?

sandy92

May 8, 2018
Hi guys
I just wanna let you all know that finally i can see my status in process on ecase . But haven’t received anything yet. ☺But i am not able to link on GC key. I think i have to wait for AOR. Goodluck everyone

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Hi guys
I just wanna let you all know that finally i can see my status in process on ecase . But haven’t received anything yet. ☺But i am not able to link on GC key. I think i have to wait for AOR. Goodluck everyone
Congrats something coming soon! Which date was ur app received?

sandy92

May 8, 2018
Hi guys
I poster on other thread too asking for people wjo already gave biometrics previous like me l. Do they receive anything related to biometrics? Because i alreadybpaid biometrics fee with the application and I didn’t even get any refund. I called on IRCC number but it was busy. Somebody help me here. I am exempt from biometrics but didn’t get any information regarding . Please reply. Nobody replied before i posted this 2-3 times on other thread too
Thanks

JuniWolf

Jun 25, 2018
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-09-2020
AOR Received.
07-04-2021
Anyone received medical request ?
Just from eyeballing the spreadsheet I think they are processing in batches of months. So everyone on the August spreadsheet got their med request in April. I think Sept will start getting medical requests this coming week, first week of May. That's just my guess.