+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Delays - Corona Virus

Aman_1105

May 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have been facing delays in my student visa application for September 2020 intake.
Current processing time for application of study permit from India on IRCC is given 1 week.

I completed my upfront medical on 17th February 2020.
I submitted my visa application on 3rd March 2020.
I completed my biometrics on 5th March 2020.
My visa application status is in progress
while my biometric status is completed.
However, My medical test status hasn't been updated yet.

I'm observing some applicants are receiving visa in spite of Coronvirus outbreak all over the globe.
I'm worried because people who applied for visa 5 days after my application are receiving visa for May and September Intakes.

I'm opening this thread to call out people with same concern.
If you are in the same boat please comment here and share your timeline and progress.

Hi there,

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/05/canada-will-accept-incomplete-study-permit-and-pgwp-applications-0514438.html?_ga=2.128851084.149469121.1590228714-956786119.1590228714#gs.751rie

You will find your answers here.

Regards

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Hello all. Im from Tanzania (east Africa) I had applied for a post graduate program at seneca for sept 2020 In business analytics. I got a very quick response from seneca n within a month I paid my first sem fee. Now I had completed my visa process in the first week of April n did my biometrics on 6th April till than had no response but on 11 may I got an update stating that I passed my medical test n we are reviewing your application. My country was least affected by corona virus n we had no lockdown. Offices n work was continuing just like Normal .and the website has estimated a 9 weeks processing time for my county

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Application status and messages

Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.

Application status

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - May 11, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

Details about your application status

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results

May 11, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents

We do not need additional documents.

InterviewHelp - Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

BiometricsHelp - Biometrics

April 7, 2020 Completed.

Background checkHelp - Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decisionHelp - Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
So after medicals how much more do we have to wait for them to give us a reply. As if the medicals is cleared meaning they have started to view my application

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Update on my application.

I completed upfront medical test on 17th Feb and applied for visa on 3rd March.
My biometrics status got updated on 5th March but medical wasn't updated.
I submitted 2nd webform to Bangalore VO on May 18th regarding my medical status.

They have responded today, this is what they have said.

"Your medical test is shown as passed on your file.

Thank you for your e-mail but unfortunately due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is functioning with reduced staff. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you cannot find the answer through the information and helpful links on our Facebook page."
Application status and messages

Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.

Application status

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - May 11, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

Details about your application status

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results

May 11, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents

We do not need additional documents.

InterviewHelp - Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

BiometricsHelp - Biometrics

April 7, 2020 Completed.

Background checkHelp - Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decisionHelp - Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This is my situation

mithun5991

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Hi guys,
I really need your help, especially from the people who have applied recently under Student Direct Stream(SDS)?

Did you guys fill out the SDS Checklist form of (IMM 5976 E) or (IMM 5818 E)??

Could you please take some time off to check it and reply here. It'll be much appreciated.

I'm really confused as my Agent tells me that it's (IMM 5976 E), but in the CIC website I don't see any form with that no. Instead, I see another form (IMM 5818 E) under SDS. And my agent is saying that it's not the right one for SDS.

So, could anyone please tell me which form did you guys fill for SDS?

I don't want to fill different form and get my Study Permit rejected.

Someone please help.

Last edited:

Bbngeorge

Star Member
May 20, 2020
Hi George, could you please tell me which agency did you go to? Even I'm searching for a good one.
Hii friend, my agency was santa monica...they have done a pretty good work.. because my profile was very weak...i did btech in ECE.. with 8 backlogs and 58 percentage.

OmarShafey

Apr 19, 2020
Did you get any status update on your medical test in your visa application ?
Have you received any reply yet about your visa application? What is the approximate time they needed to get back to you? Please advise i have been waiting for 6 weeks now and the application status is still in progress.

OmarShafey

Apr 19, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have been facing delays in my student visa application for September 2020 intake.
Current processing time for application of study permit from India on IRCC is given 1 week.

I completed my upfront medical on 17th February 2020.
I submitted my visa application on 3rd March 2020.
I completed my biometrics on 5th March 2020.
My visa application status is in progress
while my biometric status is completed.
However, My medical test status hasn't been updated yet.

I'm observing some applicants are receiving visa in spite of Coronvirus outbreak all over the globe.
I'm worried because people who applied for visa 5 days after my application are receiving visa for May and September Intakes.

I'm opening this thread to call out people with same concern.
If you are in the same boat please comment here and share your timeline and progress.
Have you received any reply yet about your visa application? What is the approximate time they needed to get back to you? Please advise i have been waiting for 6 weeks now and the application status is still in progress.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
wait wait and wait due to covid 19. mine has passes 14 weeks and it was under sds program which time is 20 days normaly

Reactions: OmarShafey