+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Delays - Corona Virus

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have been facing delays in my student visa application for September 2020 intake.
Current processing time for application of study permit from India on IRCC is given 1 week.

I completed my upfront medical on 17th February 2020.
I submitted my visa application on 3rd March 2020.
I completed my biometrics on 5th March 2020.
My visa application status is in progress
while my biometric status is completed.
However, My medical test status hasn't been updated yet.

I'm observing some applicants are receiving visa in spite of Coronvirus outbreak all over the globe.
I'm worried because people who applied for visa 5 days after my application are receiving visa for May and September Intakes.

I'm opening this thread to call out people with same concern.
If you are in the same boat please comment here and share your timeline and progress.

Reactions: ynandal99

gurpreetbal

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
I also submitted for sept on 11 march, SDS
Biometric done 16 march, nothing after.

chiranjeevs

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have been facing delays in my student visa application for September 2020 intake.
Current processing time for application of study permit from India on IRCC is given 1 week.

I'm observing some applicants are receiving visa in spite of Coronvirus outbreak all over the globe.
I'm worried because people who applied for visa 5 days after my application are receiving visa for May and September Intakes.

If you are in the same boat please comment here and share your timeline and progress.
I have also applied for September intake on 2 March 2020 and when i call my consultant they say visa will take 15-20 days because of corona virus.

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
I have also applied for September intake on 2 March 2020 and when i call my consultant they say visa will take 15-20 days because of corona virus.
I read in one of the threads here on CanadaVisa, one girl commented that she applied on 9th March and got visa approved 1 week later.
So if someone says that visas getting delayed because of the virus that can be true but they are not getting rejected because of the same reason.
I really hope we get our approvals by the end of this month.

chiranjeevs

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
I read in one of the threads here on CanadaVisa, one girl commented that she applied on 9th March and got visa approved 1 week later.
So if someone says that visas getting delayed because of the virus that can be true but they are not getting rejected because of the same reason.
I really hope we get our approvals by the end of this month.
Ya hope for the best

chiranjeevs

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
In the same boat here:

Completed upfront med on 13 March
Applied online(SDS)- 15 March
Biometrics- 17 March(updated same day in GCKey)

Medical not yet updated!!

I believe they are prioritizing May intake applications. Anyhow, glad I found this thread. Guys, keep posting latest updates on your application. I shall do the same.
I am unable to see my application status i am trying to login in VFS Global application status. I have entered my tracking ID and date of birth but it shows no records found. I applied for my visa on 2 march 2020 can anyone help me out.

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
I am unable to see my application status i am trying to login in VFS Global application status. I have entered my tracking ID and date of birth but it shows no records found. I applied for my visa on 2 march 2020 can anyone help me out.
Did you apply online or offline ? Have you submitted your passport ?

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
I applied online. No i have not submitted my passport.
Then you should check your application status with GCkey login in https://www.cic.gc.ca/
I believe after your visa approval you'll have to submit your passport in one of the VFS and when you submit that, they'll provide a tracking id using which you'll be able to track your passport.
I'm not 100% sure but this is how it works.

Unicorn2005

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

I applied for my study permit on 12th January 2020 with all the document attached including bio metric which was done earlier. On 29th January the medical status changed to pass medical test and ever since there has been no communication.
I am a Kenyan applying from Rwanda and the expected time duration is suppose to be 7 weeks as per CIC website and now it is over 10 weeks. Does anyone know whether the Covid19 could delay their decision ?

Unicorn2005

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
I applied for my study permit on 12th January 2020 with all the document attached including bio metric which was done earlier. On 29th January the medical status changed to pass medical test and ever since there has been no communication.
I am a Kenyan applying from Rwanda and the expected time duration is suppose to be 7 weeks as per CIC website and now it is over 10 weeks. Does anyone know whether the Covid19 could delay their decision ?

Reactions: SaharAbbas

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
I believe the reason is the virus and short staffing in their offices. It's happening here in India too. Let's hope for the best.