+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Delays - Corona Virus

Unicorn2005

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
try the GCKey method mentioed by @dkapadiya and I believe the processing times are longer for non SDS applications. I would recommend having patience, doing the same here.

I believe you are on the edge of the end of processing time, have some patience. If I was you, would wait till April mid and later on, sent a webform through IRCC website inquiring the status of my application.
Thanks will wait for a couple of weeks.

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Anyone received any update on their application ?
We have curfew in most of the part of the country. IMO our applications will be delayed for 2 more weeks at least.
Do you guys have any updates on VO offices in India. Has anyone noticed any new visa approval or rejection today or in last 2 days ?

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
I don't see how it could affect VOs, because IRCC offfices are inside embassies and I believe they may be working as diplomat movement is not part of the curfew.

Secondly, online applications can be processed anywhere. But IMO, the reason for delay might be, queries, May intake prioritization etc.
I believe after we submit our applications, all the processes are being done here in India at Canadian embassies regardless of being online or offline.
And my bad, I thought VO offices were just like every other VFS offices. I really hope VOs are functioning and processing our applications at slower pace but processing it at least.

Reactions: ynandal99

heny

Mar 17, 2020
Hello friends,
I had applied for visa on 18th march and the biometrics was done on 20th march but the real problem is, my intake is May 2020 and according to Canada latest news the students whose visa is approved before 18th march can only be travel to Canada what happens if the visa is approved and I cannot be able to travel to Canada and my course starts on 11th May 2020 do you guys have any other update what to do and I have applied through SDS category.

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Hello friends,
I had applied for visa on 18th march and the biometrics was done on 20th march but the real problem is, my intake is May 2020 and according to Canada latest news the students whose visa is approved before 18th march can only be travel to Canada what happens if the visa is approved and I cannot be able to travel to Canada and my course starts on 11th May 2020 do you guys have any other update what to do and I have applied through SDS category.
I feel really bad for the students who haven't received their visa yet or got it after 18th. You guys have to wait for their next decision which should include remaining students for May 2020 intake. Anyway they have started offering online courses for current students and I strongly believe students landing in Canada in 30-45 days will also be offered online courses. IMO you should wait and keep checking for news. Let's hope current situation gets better and everything starts working as normal as before.

Josh33

Jul 23, 2018
Hello, is it the best time to apply for a study permit for September 2020 intake. Isnt it too early?

Itsjotsandhu

Jan 9, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have been facing delays in my student visa application for September 2020 intake.
Current processing time for application of study permit from India on IRCC is given 1 week.

I completed my upfront medical on 17th February 2020.
I submitted my visa application on 3rd March 2020.
I completed my biometrics on 5th March 2020.
My visa application status is in progress
while my biometric status is completed.
However, My medical test status hasn't been updated yet.

I'm observing some applicants are receiving visa in spite of Coronvirus outbreak all over the globe.
I'm worried because people who applied for visa 5 days after my application are receiving visa for May and September Intakes.

I'm opening this thread to call out people with same concern.
If you are in the same boat please comment here and share your timeline and progress.
Hello i had done my biomatric on 2nd of march for sep intake and got my visa approved on 4th march,there is no such problem in getting visa due to virus but most of the people are facing delay in applications .

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
I APPLIED VFS JALANDHAR , 17 MARCH SDS PAPER FILE ,
18 MARCH,REACHED IRCC,NEW DELHI.

19 MARCH STATUS UPDATED. NEED ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR FURTHER PROCESSING...
21 MARCH- PASSPORT DISPATCH FROM NDVO
BUT NO MAIL OF APPROVAL
WHAT DOCUMENTS THEY ASKED FOR..
I HAVE NOT ATTACHED ANY FAKE DOCUMENTS ..
DUE TO CARONA ,NOT ABLE TO GET PASSPORT,FROM BLUE DART...
VERY PANIC ,DO THEY THINK I MISREPRESENTED,BUT I HAVE NOT.. PLS HELP

K.preet197

Mar 24, 2020
I applied for September 2020 intake submitted my fees medical and GIC but my biometric were due on 23 rd march and were cancelled due to curfew don't know what will happen now
If someone know something please tell

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Hello, is it the best time to apply for a study permit for September 2020 intake. Isnt it too early?
Considering current situation this is not the best time to apply for sure. It is right time to apply. Even if we get rejection for some reason, we can reapply and still have good time for other things.

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
I applied for September 2020 intake submitted my fees medical and GIC but my biometric were due on 23 rd march and were cancelled due to curfew don't know what will happen now
If someone know something please tell
Our in progress applications will be delayed but they won't refuse it.

Prince kumar07

Jan 17, 2020
I APPLIED VFS JALANDHAR , 17 MARCH SDS PAPER FILE ,
18 MARCH,REACHED IRCC,NEW DELHI.

19 MARCH STATUS UPDATED. NEED ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR FURTHER PROCESSING...
21 MARCH- PASSPORT DISPATCH FROM NDVO
BUT NO MAIL OF APPROVAL
WHAT DOCUMENTS THEY ASKED FOR..
I HAVE NOT ATTACHED ANY FAKE DOCUMENTS ..
DUE TO CARONA ,NOT ABLE TO GET PASSPORT,FROM BLUE DART...
VERY PANIC ,DO THEY THINK I MISREPRESENTED,BUT I HAVE NOT.. PLS HELP
I am also in same condition as you
I received decision envelope has couriered what was the your message

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Anyone received any update in their application ? I'm still waiting for mine.
No.i think now no result will come.because Canadian high commission are not working due to virus.(3 idiots wala nahe carona)
I submetted application online and is being processed in abu dhabi yesterday i chat with vsfl in abu dhabi they said high commission is clossed

Reactions: dkapadiya