+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Delays - Corona Virus

Naomikiptoo

Nov 9, 2019
Hi
I applied for my study permit on 12th January 2020 with all the document attached including bio metric which was done earlier. On 29th January the medical status changed to pass medical test and ever since there has been no communication.
I am a Kenyan applying from Rwanda and the expected time duration is suppose to be 7 weeks as per CIC website and now it is over 10 weeks. Does anyone know whether the Covid19 could delay their decision ?
Hi am also waiting, from Kenya

ASTONMARTIN0614

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Anyone here from the Philippines? I have just received my Letter of Acceptance last week for the September intake but I haven't submitted my study permit application yet as I am still gathering requirements. Do you think I will be able to make it or should I just defer to January intake?
Hi Dear,

I suppose to be attending a May Intake however, due to the situation, everything was put on hold. I just want to share my timeline with you.
(FYI I am currently working in Singapore.)

October 2019 - I got my letter of Acceptance from Fanshawe College.
28 Jan 2020 - I submitted my application ONLINE (The lag time from 2019-2020 was used in gathering all the papers I need for the submission.)
29 Jan 2020 - Notification from IRCC that i will need to submit my biometrics to any VFS Centre near me
13 Feb 2020 - I Submitted my Biometrics (It took me around 2 weeks to wait for my appointment, slot comes in a first-come-first-serve basis)
27 Feb 2020 - I have received a request to undergo for Medical Examination
7 Mar 2020 - I finally went for medical exam.(Again, need to book the appointment)
27 Mar 2020 - IRCC notified me that my results in medical exam passed.
3 April 2020 - A correspondence letter was sent to me - this contains the validity of my Biometrics.
They say that if you receive this letter, your visa is bound for decision. Your visa may be approved/ disapproved in the coming few days.

However, after all that have happened, I did not receive any further news. My school has advised me that only those who got approved (visa) before 18th of March will be accepted to fly to Canada so I have no choice but to defer my study for September Intake.

Hopefully, as their (IRCC) website says, normal processing of Visa may resume this 1st of July and majority of those held application shall progress.

I am still hoping for great news ahead.

Get me posted! Thanks.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Hi Dear,

I suppose to be attending a May Intake however, due to the situation, everything was put on hold. I just want to share my timeline with you.
(FYI I am currently working in Singapore.)

October 2019 - I got my letter of Acceptance from Fanshawe College.
28 Jan 2020 - I submitted my application ONLINE (The lag time from 2019-2020 was used in gathering all the papers I need for the submission.)
29 Jan 2020 - Notification from IRCC that i will need to submit my biometrics to any VFS Centre near me
13 Feb 2020 - I Submitted my Biometrics (It took me around 2 weeks to wait for my appointment, slot comes in a first-come-first-serve basis)
27 Feb 2020 - I have received a request to undergo for Medical Examination
7 Mar 2020 - I finally went for medical exam.(Again, need to book the appointment)
27 Mar 2020 - IRCC notified me that my results in medical exam passed.
3 April 2020 - A correspondence letter was sent to me - this contains the validity of my Biometrics.
They say that if you receive this letter, your visa is bound for decision. Your visa may be approved/ disapproved in the coming few days.

However, after all that have happened, I did not receive any further news. My school has advised me that only those who got approved (visa) before 18th of March will be accepted to fly to Canada so I have no choice but to defer my study for September Intake.

Hopefully, as their (IRCC) website says, normal processing of Visa may resume this 1st of July and majority of those held application shall progress.

I am still hoping for great news ahead.

Get me posted! Thanks.
Same here. Applied January 23rd SDS from Pakistan. Interviewed February 12th. Received correspondent letter March 31st. Still waiting for final decision.

Pranali

Mar 16, 2020
I am unable to see my application status i am trying to login in VFS Global application status. I have entered my tracking ID and date of birth but it shows no records found. I applied for my visa on 2 march 2020 can anyone help me out.
If you have the receipt from vfs go to gckey and create an account. It allows you to connect your account online and you can check updates there easily.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Same here. Applied January 23rd SDS from Pakistan. Interviewed February 12th. Received correspondent letter March 31st. Still waiting for final decision.
What type of interview? Are you currently in Pakistan?

gurpreetbal

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
3 weeks since biometric, no change since.
Anybody seen updates in their profiles?
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • June 30, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
  • biometric 16 march
  • Applied sds 12 march India

dkapadiya

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Hi, has your review of eligibility started?
Yes.
I have only 3 files in my inbox, last one was biometrics collection letter.
And last update was medical update.
This is what It says for review of eligibility.

Review of eligibility:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
Yes.
I have only 3 files in my inbox, last one was biometrics collection letter.
And last update was medical update.
This is what It says for review of eligibility.

Review of eligibility:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Hey, when your review of eligibility started, any idea?

Jan 24, 2020
I logged my file on 12 March for the 3rd time after 2 refusals, bmy medicals isn't passed yet and review of eligibility and background check started, is this something wiered? Because normally after medicals is passed review of eligibility is started.

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
I logged my file on 12 March for the 3rd time after 2 refusals, bmy medicals isn't passed yet and review of eligibility and background check started, is this something wiered? Because normally after medicals is passed review of eligibility is started.
paper or online??