+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Delays - Corona Virus

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
Hi Dear,

I suppose to be attending a May Intake however, due to the situation, everything was put on hold. I just want to share my timeline with you.
(FYI I am currently working in Singapore.)

October 2019 - I got my letter of Acceptance from Fanshawe College.
28 Jan 2020 - I submitted my application ONLINE (The lag time from 2019-2020 was used in gathering all the papers I need for the submission.)
29 Jan 2020 - Notification from IRCC that i will need to submit my biometrics to any VFS Centre near me
13 Feb 2020 - I Submitted my Biometrics (It took me around 2 weeks to wait for my appointment, slot comes in a first-come-first-serve basis)
27 Feb 2020 - I have received a request to undergo for Medical Examination
7 Mar 2020 - I finally went for medical exam.(Again, need to book the appointment)
27 Mar 2020 - IRCC notified me that my results in medical exam passed.
3 April 2020 - A correspondence letter was sent to me - this contains the validity of my Biometrics.
They say that if you receive this letter, your visa is bound for decision. Your visa may be approved/ disapproved in the coming few days.

However, after all that have happened, I did not receive any further news. My school has advised me that only those who got approved (visa) before 18th of March will be accepted to fly to Canada so I have no choice but to defer my study for September Intake.

Hopefully, as their (IRCC) website says, normal processing of Visa may resume this 1st of July and majority of those held application shall progress.

I am still hoping for great news ahead.

Get me posted! Thanks.
Has your review of eligibility started? I guess it starts just after clearance of your medical!

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
Guys please share information if someone got any updates, regarding medical and review of eligibility.

ashwinisindhu

Jul 11, 2020
Hi everyone,

I got admission for september 2020 intake. I am planning to apply for study permit through student-direct-stream on 15 july 2020. Is there any chance of getting visa before September.

Reactions: proceso