+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Congratulations Hawat, how was the test was it easy and what was the format? Mine starts at Jan 4th.
Thank you! I took it last week, the first day of the test period, 20/20. I won’t call it difficult. Read the book and have test examples. Good luck!

Orisk

Feb 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
March 8th, 2017
Pls update the tracker <3

@Orisk
Test Invite: Dec 8, 2021
Passed the test today Dec 30, 2021

One step closer!

Reactions: snowy2015 and MaryC

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Believe it or not, i my status tracker changed to test invite today

I will be invited to take test between 3rd and 22nd of January

Ottawa office

Pls update the status tracking sheet

Last edited:

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
just did the test

passed, 18/20

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Really funny.. its been four weeks since I passed the exam and it is still showing in progress...Frustrated :(

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
Really funny.. its been four weeks since I passed the exam and it is still showing in progress...Frustrated :(
I passed my test end of November 2021, still says in progress. Very frustrating yes. I have seen some people on this forum have got the status changed to completed in 2 days, and some have waited a few months with no update.

To make matters worse, I have been reading through the posts here and many people are saying they saw themselves during the test. I did not see myself. I did not receive any popup or notification that there was any issues during my test. Before the test, I took a picture of my ID , and a picture of myself, and I followed all of the instructions. I clicked 'allow' for all of the permissions for webcam etc.

Some people on this forum have mentioned that they think the software for the test works better with laptops or built in cameras only , but I used my PC with external logitech webcam, since the camera is much clearer and better quality. I do not have a built-in camera on my PC. Also I had not read the comments on this forum before, because I just found this forum recently.

If there is a problem with the test recognizing PC USB cameras, or them not working as well as built in, they should make applicants aware of this, as now that I have read these things in this forum, I am very stressed about this. I saw one post on here where somebody said with PC it's 50/50 coin flip if their software recognizes your camera. Wouldn't IRCC be aware of an issue this big ? I checked my chrome settings and all settings were set to "allow". I also clicked allow to allow access to my webcam. No issues on my end. I used a fairly new PC , and new Logitech webcam, which was super clear and good quality.

Now it's been 40 days and from what I've read here, It looks like I will get a retest email. Has anyone else had this problem, or will it be a guarantee re-test situation ?

From reading on this forum, and on Facebook, there are many people who did not see themselves and they got re-test emails. I believe IRCC should address this issue or at least fix their software to at least give a popup to the test taker so they can realize there is an issue and make adjustments before continuing.

I don't like to be negative, but if I am going to get a re-test email, I wish they would have sent it earlier, or right away. Not 2-3 months later. One person who did not see themselves also, stated they got a re-test email 3 months after saying their webcam had an issue.

Should I just wait at this point, or call them ? They never answer webforms so I did not send one this time. I still have "in progress" on my tracker.

Am I worrying too much ? Are you 100% supposed to see yourself during the test ? Please help! sorry for the long message. I tried to make a new post but it did not let me post it.

Reactions: Shamon

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
I passed my test end of November 2021, still says in progress. Very frustrating yes. I have seen some people on this forum have got the status changed to completed in 2 days, and some have waited a few months with no update.

To make matters worse, I have been reading through the posts here and many people are saying they saw themselves during the test. I did not see myself. I did not receive any popup or notification that there was any issues during my test. Before the test, I took a picture of my ID , and a picture of myself, and I followed all of the instructions. I clicked 'allow' for all of the permissions for webcam etc.

Some people on this forum have mentioned that they think the software for the test works better with laptops or built in cameras only , but I used my PC with external logitech webcam, since the camera is much clearer and better quality. I do not have a built-in camera on my PC. Also I had not read the comments on this forum before, because I just found this forum recently.

If there is a problem with the test recognizing PC USB cameras, or them not working as well as built in, they should make applicants aware of this, as now that I have read these things in this forum, I am very stressed about this. I saw one post on here where somebody said with PC it's 50/50 coin flip if their software recognizes your camera. Wouldn't IRCC be aware of an issue this big ? I checked my chrome settings and all settings were set to "allow". I also clicked allow to allow access to my webcam. No issues on my end. I used a fairly new PC , and new Logitech webcam, which was super clear and good quality.

Now it's been 40 days and from what I've read here, It looks like I will get a retest email. Has anyone else had this problem, or will it be a guarantee re-test situation ?

From reading on this forum, and on Facebook, there are many people who did not see themselves and they got re-test emails. I believe IRCC should address this issue or at least fix their software to at least give a popup to the test taker so they can realize there is an issue and make adjustments before continuing.

I don't like to be negative, but if I am going to get a re-test email, I wish they would have sent it earlier, or right away. Not 2-3 months later. One person who did not see themselves also, stated they got a re-test email 3 months after saying their webcam had an issue.

Should I just wait at this point, or call them ? They never answer webforms so I did not send one this time. I still have "in progress" on my tracker.

Am I worrying too much ? Are you 100% supposed to see yourself during the test ? Please help! sorry for the long message. I tried to make a new post but it did not let me post it.
This may not be the case since I used a laptop had webcam by itself and my wife used a laptop had an external webcam. We both were able to see ourselves during exam. However, the photo I took from my ID didn't have a good quality. Anyway, unfortunately there is nothing we can really do. Just have to kill the time and wait somehow :(

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Question: what to expect after completing the test? Like what happens now? What status should i keep an eye on

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Question: what to expect after completing the test? Like what happens now? What status should i keep an eye on
The test status would be updated to "Completed". After that, you might receive a passport request (send all pages of all passports that were valid during the eligibility period). After that, Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions will be set to "Completed". After that, you'll receive an oath date.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
The test status would be updated to "Completed". After that, you might receive a passport request (send all pages of all passports that were valid during the eligibility period). After that, Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions will be set to "Completed". After that, you'll receive an oath date.
Thanks

Would they still ask for passport pages request even if the background check is already completed?

Also does anyone know the approximate time between each of these changes (preferrably for ottawa office) ?

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Like should i expect things to move faster now or would there be a wait similar to the wait for the test

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks

Would they still ask for passport pages request even if the background check is already completed?

Also does anyone know the approximate time between each of these changes (preferrably for ottawa office) ?
Passport pages request has nothing to do with your BG checks. It has to do with checking your physical presence.

Reactions: omarnabsws