Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG!!!

Immediately after typing the last post, I checked the tracker, and I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT:

"You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on January 21, 2022."

Crying tears of joy over here!

:D
So happy for you….Congratulations

• Love
Reactions: MaryC

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
App Sent : 18 Sep 2020
AOR : 17 Dec 2020

Mar 11, 2021 Background verification status has been updated to Completed
Nov 24, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated
Dec 1, 2021 Scheduled for citizenship test
Dec 17, 2021 Test Completed

Dec 23, 2021 citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

almost same dates for applicant 2 for test rest everything is same..

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will be highly grateful if someone can answer my question, Can any experienced member answer my question, once the background check expires which after a year, they will have to do it again before inviting for oath right?
I presume by background check you mean criminality checks and the general understanding to that is, if a Decision has not been made on your file and your criminality checks expire, they re-do it before proceeding further. The time it takes to do the checks vary greatly on a case by case basis.

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
I presume by background check you mean criminality checks and the general understanding to that is, if a Decision has not been made on your file and your criminality checks expire, they re-do it before proceeding further. The time it takes to do the checks vary greatly on a case by case basis.
Thank you for your reply, some ppl say that even after DM if background checks expire the status goes back to In Progress and they redo background checks. So don't know what's the case

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply, some ppl say that even after DM if background checks expire the status goes back to In Progress and they redo background checks. So don't know what's the case
I am not sure whether thats the case after DM because technically your file is already approved at DM and is awaiting oath. On the flip side if ur file is still not DM and your criminality checks expire then I believe they have to re-qualify you on that parameter, so to speak, in order to mark your file as complete.

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thanks for sharing this personal experience. It definitely lights up a glimmer of hope.
It also depends on the immigration officer handling the case. Some officers act prompt, some are laggards. Probably your case has been assigned to a later category officer.

bdeb

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
OMG!!!

Immediately after typing the last post, I checked the tracker, and I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT:

"You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on January 21, 2022."

Crying tears of joy over here!

:D
Congratulations!

• Love

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Completed 6 months today since DM. Still waiting for Oath Ceremony.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: tgman and MaryC

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Completed 6 months today since DM. Still waiting for Oath Ceremony.
I know the feeling! :/

I honestly hope you get your update very soon.

It would be 6 months for me too, and I got my Oath date just a few days ago. Fingers crossed you get the great news in the next few days!

Reactions: rajneeshv

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
I know the feeling! :/

I honestly hope you get your update very soon.

It would be 6 months for me too, and I got my Oath date just a few days ago. Fingers crossed you get the great news in the next few days!
Thanks & Congratulations! Very happy for you.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Hi friends

I recently took the citizenship test. Today I received an email, the sender is a CIC officer, the content is general explaining about the test procedure although I already took the test. There is a line saying interview might be needed, and this part is highlighted.

any ideas? Is this how ppl receive interview invitation?
Thank you.

Reactions: Shamon

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hi friends

I recently took the citizenship test. Today I received an email, the sender is a CIC officer, the content is general explaining about the test procedure although I already took the test. There is a line saying interview might be needed, and this part is highlighted.

Thank you.
I wonder why they interview people? What kind of questions the may ask? For me it is taking almost 4 weeks after I took my exam and its status is still "In progress" :(
So I am guessing maybe interview would be my next step since my exam status hasn't been changed to "Completed" after almost 4 weeks :(

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Hi friends

Thank you.
Congratulations Hawat, how was the test was it easy and what was the format? Mine starts at Jan 4th.

Reactions: hawat