Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
We relate to it. On average it's taking 5 months after DM to get Oath invite .. mine was after 5 months. Now even getting the Citizenship Certificate seems to be taking months. Some got it in few days, some get it in few weeks and some got it after months .. few instances over 7 months after multiples requests with MPs and Lawyers involvement.
I assume people are good and would be fair in general, I learned one thing from this Citizenship application that among western countries Canada seems to be less answerable to its citizens and not being transparent in general of their system, they project they are solving a problem far off or much bigger while they have holes to fix within their own.
Ofcourse, I can't complain much having come from a country that may not be better than Canada but having lived thru other western nations for a while that's my take.
Anyway, it's better to do your travel now and come back for Oath if it's urgent. Good luck
100% TRUE. Least accountable of all G7 nations. May be even G20 nations.

Reactions: johnbro

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Sorry to hear that, you can request for urgent processing under these grounds but it looks like they take some time to even acknowledge urgent processing and approve it. Hope things get better for you
I tried urgent processing, they denied

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
We relate to it. On average it's taking 5 months after DM to get Oath invite .. mine was after 5 months. Now even getting the Citizenship Certificate seems to be taking months. Some got it in few days, some get it in few weeks and some got it after months .. few instances over 7 months after multiple requests with MPs and Lawyers involvement.
I assume people are good and would be fair in general, I learned one thing from this Citizenship application that among western countries Canada seems to be less answerable to its citizens and not being transparent in general of their system, they try solving a problem far off or much bigger while they have holes to fix within their own.
Ofcourse, I can't complain much having come from a country that may not be better than Canada but having lived thru few western nations for a while that's my take.
Anyway, it's better to do your travel now and come back for Oath if it's urgent. Good luck
My Pr is expired n have sent for Renewal even 4 months, I guess they just don't care

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Pr is expired n have sent for Renewal even 4 months, I guess they just don't care
can you look at PRTD thing? that may hopefully come quicker and will help you in entering back to Canada while they crap on processing your PR card or citizenship?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hey guys, between the time you applied to date that you received your decision - how long did that take? I applied on 28th September 2021, but just tryna see how long it takes for the decision.
Hi,

My application was received by IRCC in Nova Scotia on Sept. 28, 2020 and got a decision exactly one year later on Sept. 27, 2021.

Reactions: wickerman

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
can you look at PRTD thing? that may hopefully come quicker and will help you in entering back to Canada while they crap on processing your PR card or citizenship?
My friend applied for PTRD but she says its not easy, she didn't recommend that coz she applied herself and it took for ever

melgolchuk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
18-06-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
I finally have an update! After nothing since March 23rd I got an update today (Dec 20th) to schedule my citizenship test - Dec 24-Jan 13.

I requested notes on Nov 12, they asked for confirmation of my DOB on Dec 15 and just today I get the notice. Kinda strange but I’ll take it!

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend applied for PTRD but she says its not easy, she didn't recommend that coz she applied herself and it took for ever
Ok No personal experience . Just thought to share that you still have options if you must travel.

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
I thought I was the only one who never received any reply for ATIP request.
You got an email with a temporary request tracking number, right?
I just sent my request on the 10th of Dec, and it says If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca.

Reactions: happysheep

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I finally have an update! After nothing since March 23rd I got an update today (Dec 20th) to schedule my citizenship test - Dec 24-Jan 13.

I requested notes on Nov 12, they asked for confirmation of my DOB on Dec 15 and just today I get the notice. Kinda strange but I’ll take it!
Great. I have updated the tracker. Do let us know when you do the test, and when your status is updated on the tracker.

Good luck for the test.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Coz I have to travel, my mum is in hospital, my dad was in hospital came back home a few days ago he is still ill, no one to look after them, haven't met them for last 3 years and PR card expired, sent for renewal 4 months ago no news, it's been more than 6 months after my test, alot going on at my side and being able to travel is causing alot if anxiety otherwise I wouldn't have cared
PRTD is definitelty an option. Earlier this year I applied one for my sister who was outside Canada for longer than required 2 years, and her PR card expired while outside. We applied PRTD, along with a detailed letter explaining the circumstances that held her outside, and supported with medical documents.

I think it took just about a month or so, and she got PRTD and is now in Canada.

I would suggest go for it. There is always a way out regarding documentay procedures, but no returning back in case of life and relations.

Reactions: maniacworld

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PRTD is definitelty an option. Earlier this year I applied one for my sister who was outside Canada for longer than required 2 years, and her PR card expired while outside. We applied PRTD, along with a detailed letter explaining the circumstances that held her outside, and supported with medical documents.

I think it took just about a month or so, and she got PRTD and is now in Canada.

I would suggest go for it. There is always a way out regarding documentay procedures, but no returning back in case of life and relations.
good to know personal experience. I reckon the timeline varies by each case and may also depend on how busy the consulate/embassy is . isnt it.
i also recall they changed this to an online application at the start of pandemic. Not sure if that is still the case.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
I got my Citizenship Certificate (Oath dec 3rd, Online application date closed status is Dec 10th )

I had a question regarding passport application, I don't have a guarantor so got the Statuary Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor Form from passport office and I need to provide addresses for the past 5 years. Anyway, even for the 2 years address history on passport application I would like to know if I can provide the address I used for my citizenship application or where I actually lived.

I gave my family friends address for citizenship as I did not want to update if I moved and to ensure the mails are not lost as I lived in rooms mostly with other guys.

Do passport services check Service Ontario reported addresses which i have updated as I moved ? Anyone with this situation or if there's a recommendation on the address to use for my passport and guarantor forms?

Thanks