+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

steven.blankard

Jun 7, 2021
I finally have an update! After nothing since March 23rd I got an update today (Dec 20th) to schedule my citizenship test - Dec 24-Jan 13.

I requested notes on Nov 12, they asked for confirmation of my DOB on Dec 15 and just today I get the notice. Kinda strange but I’ll take it!
Congrats. Are you from Ottawa?

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hi all
I took my exam on December 6th and still waiting for its status to be changed to Completed. I am afraid it is taking longer than usual? Is this normal? I mean shouldn't be changed to Completed maximum two weeks after exam?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all
I took my exam on December 6th and still waiting for its status to be changed to Completed. I am afraid it is taking longer than usual? Is this normal? I mean shouldn't be changed to Completed maximum two weeks after exam?
It can sometimes take longer, nobody knows why, someone had to wait a whole month plus a few days for it show up as completed.

Do you remember if you took a clear photo of your ID with the basic data legible and not blurred? I had to retake the photo for almost 30 mins to get it right and my session expired one had to login again.

Reactions: Shamon

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
It can sometimes take longer, nobody knows why, someone had to wait a whole month plus a few days for it show up as completed.

Do you remember if you took a clear photo of your ID with the basic data legible and not blurred? I had to retake the photo for almost 30 mins to get it right and my session expired one had to login again.
Well that is actually the reason I am concerned about it. The photo I took from my ID didn't have a good quality since my Webcam was old. I did my best but it still didn't take a good photo from my ID no matter what. So that's why I am afraid there is something wrong with the photo I took from my ID and that is the reason it hasn't been changed to Completed so far ☹. I also don't know what will be happening if they don't accept the photo I took from my ID? Will it be another exam again?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well that is actually the reason I am concerned about it. The photo I took from my ID didn't have a good quality since my Webcam was old. I did my best but it still didn't take a good photo from my ID no matter what. So that's why I am afraid there is something wrong with the photo I took from my ID and that is the reason it hasn't been changed to Completed so far ☹. I also don't know what will be happening if they don't accept the photo I took from my ID? Will it be another exam again?
I read in a news article that someone was asked to re-do the test due to technical issues during the test, not sure if bad webcam quality or internet attributed to this. If they are not convinced with the quality of the image they will contact you with the next steps. Worse case scenario might be a re-test but lets hope it doesn’t come to that.

Reactions: Shamon

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
My friends...after 6 months, 4 days since completing my test, I finally received an update - Decision Made.

No email, but my file was updated December 14th and everything except Oath is complete.

Any idea how long I can expect to wait before I have my oath scheduled?

Reactions: Hot2Cold

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friends...after 6 months, 4 days since completing my test, I finally received an update - Decision Made.

No email, but my file was updated December 14th and everything except Oath is complete.

Congrats, depends on so many factors like the office processing your file, availability of dates and slots etc., could be 3-5 months or within 3 weeks. Nobody knows or can estimate this, the sample data on the spreadsheet is only a small representation of the overall # of applicants across Canada

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014

Congrats. I have updated the spreadsheet.

The current average is 60 days to oath, but it could be anything from 3 weeks to 3 months or more. At least DM mean the main headache is over, and you don't have to worry about the grant process anymore...

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021

Congratulations on your DM!

The waiting for the Oath varies a lot. My office is Montreal and next week it will be 6 months for me after DM. Still waiting..
Careful with expectations.. ;)

Last edited:

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Hi,

Just gave the Citizenship test. Passed with 20/20 (on Dec 17 2021).

Concerned may please update the tracker.

Regards

PS: After successfully taking the picture of ID, Self, and answering about 9 questions, the webpage said it can't access the webcam to monitor. Upon clicking OK, it would ask for IDs again, and take me to the 10th question. But this kept on happening for 5-6 times. I realized I was using a VPN on my laptop, which I quickly disabled, and then everything went smooth and I could finish the test and the result showed 20/20 and I exited.

I am just wondering if there would be some missing recording which may cause an issue. Any thoughts?

Ok. I think the VPN or Webcam monitoring issue I mentioned may have an affect after all.

My wife gave the test the next day (Dec 18th) after me and passed. I had ofcourse disabled VPN for her test.

Now, her status is shown as COMPLETED on the tracker (Dec 20th), while mine isn't.

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
Congratulations on your DM!

The waiting for the Oath varies a lot. My office is Montreal and next week it will be 6 months for me after DM. Still waiting..
Careful with expectations.. ;)
OH JFC that's ridiculous. There's literally nothing left to do, what the hell is the holdup?!

Very sorry to hear of your troubles, I hope it resolves quickly.

Reactions: MaryC

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
OH JFC that's ridiculous. There's literally nothing left to do, what the hell is the holdup?!

Very sorry to hear of your troubles, I hope it resolves quickly.
I was expecting delays due to the pandemic, but after I got DM I was hopeful that I would not wait much longer. I was wrong.

I hope yours doesn't take this long, a lot of people here get it sooner, but just be careful with expectations and plans.