+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
Hello All,
My Citizenship Test Status has changed to "Completed". What can I expect next in the process and by when?

vadim_n

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
Guys I think I will have a nervous breakdown waiting for oath invite, I wouldn't have cared how long it took but I have to travel
Why are you losing your mind over it?

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Why are you losing your mind over it?
Coz I have to travel, my mum is in hospital, my dad was in hospital came back home a few days ago he is still ill, no one to look after them, haven't met them for last 3 years and PR card expired, sent for renewal 4 months ago no news, it's been more than 6 months after my test, alot going on at my side and being able to travel is causing alot if anxiety otherwise I wouldn't have cared

• Sad
Reactions: MaryC

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coz I have to travel, my mum is in hospital, my dad was in hospital came back home a few days ago he is still ill, no one to look after them, haven't met them for last 3 years and PR card expired, sent for renewal 4 months ago no news, it's been more than 6 months after my test, alot going on at my side and being able to travel is causing alot if anxiety otherwise I wouldn't have cared
Sorry to hear that, you can request for urgent processing under these grounds but it looks like they take some time to even acknowledge urgent processing and approve it. Hope things get better for you

vadim_n

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
I'm sorry about your situation! I hope you'll get PR card soon or passport! Stay strong bro, you won't do any good to yourself by being so anxious about it.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
What did you say to them in emails? Seriously I'm loosing my mind now
We relate to it. On average it's taking 5 months after DM to get Oath invite .. mine was after 5 months. Now even getting the Citizenship Certificate seems to be taking months. Some got it in few days, some get it in few weeks and some got it after months .. few instances over 7 months after multiple requests with MPs and Lawyers involvement.
I assume people are good and would be fair in general, I learned one thing from this Citizenship application that among western countries Canada seems to be less answerable to its citizens and not being transparent in general of their system, they try solving a problem far off or much bigger while they have holes to fix within their own.
Ofcourse, I can't complain much having come from a country that may not be better than Canada but having lived thru few western nations for a while that's my take.
Anyway, it's better to do your travel now and come back for Oath if it's urgent. Good luck

Last edited: