+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi all!
I just gave my citizenship test a few mins ago.
Time frame given was between Dec 2- Dec 22.
Could someone please update this in the spreadsheet?
If there's anything I can do to help anyone else here, please let me know! Wishing you all the very best of luck!
Updated

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hi there, question for everyone,

I'm a bit confused, on the travel history question part :

I went from MTL to country X in Africa, my ticket was from 1 feb , return to MTL on feb 15, transit via Amsterdam.

On my way back, while on transit, the flight from AMS to MTL was cancelled, and the fligth company gave me a hotel night in AMS near the airport, and I got a 24h visa in AMS, a stamp on my passport, because Indian citizens need a visa to be in Europe.

So I finally arrived in MTL the 16th of feb.

In my form I wrote that I was in country X from 1st feb to 16 feb, as the night in AMS was not intentional and not planned from my part.

I got pp request on 14 july, I'm getting worried how the agent will interpret this as I have not mentioned AMS in my trips as explained up here.

What do you guys think I should do ?

Thanks.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hi there, question for everyone,

I'm a bit confused, on the travel history question part :

I went from MTL to country X in Africa, my ticket was from 1 feb , return to MTL on feb 15, transit via Amsterdam.

On my way back, while on transit, the flight from AMS to MTL was cancelled, and the fligth company gave me a hotel night in AMS near the airport, and I got a 24h visa in AMS, a stamp on my passport, because Indian citizens need a visa to be in Europe.

So I finally arrived in MTL the 16th of feb.

In my form I wrote that I was in country X from 1st feb to 16 feb, as the night in AMS was not intentional and not planned from my part.

I got pp request on 14 july, I'm getting worried how the agent will interpret this as I have not mentioned AMS in my trips as explained up here.

What do you guys think I should do ?

Thanks.
Well, it can be concerning. But given what you have explained, you have nothing to worry about.

I don't think the IRCC office will be pretty bothered about it since you reported the journey's beginning and end dates. What if the same had happened to someone from a country who didn't need a visa? Truly, there is nothing to fear!

At the worst-case scenario (which I really doubt will happen), you can always provide an explanation which is very clear the way you had explained it.

Goodluck!

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Well, it can be concerning. But given what you have explained, you have nothing to worry about.

I don't think the IRCC office will be pretty bothered about it since you reported the journey's beginning and end dates. What if the same had happened to someone from a country who didn't need a visa? Truly, there is nothing to fear!

At the worst-case scenario (which I really doubt will happen), you can always provide an explanation which is very clear the way you had explained it.

Goodluck!
Thanks for the feedback! Should I submit a webform ? Or just let it be like this ? Thanks.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Thanks for the feedback! Should I submit a webform ? Or just let it be like this ? Thanks.
It depends on you.

I would just submit it that way since the said period was reported on the physical presence. The agent should be able to understand. If he/she doesn't, let the person ask you.

Don't complicate it yet!

Reactions: elgaaato

Val-Kon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
This is ridiculous, on the other hand they are sending out oath invites to 2021 people left right and centre. How do we get them to acknowledge our applications???
I do not know to be honest too. I sent application in early June 2020. It is almost the end of 2021, I have not received the invitation to take the oath. I keep on checking my email every day - ten times - literally this is insane.

• Sad
Reactions: MaryC

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I have seen in this forum talks about Decision Made status, what is it? I have my Oath scheduled for march and everything is set complete status except the Oath Ceremony. Also, on the very top the application status is "In Progress"

When does the status on the top change to Decision Made or does it just change from In progress to Complete after the Oath?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have seen in this forum talks about Decision Made status, what is it? I have my Oath scheduled for march and everything is set complete status except the Oath Ceremony. Also, on the very top the application status is "In Progress"

When does the status on the top change to Decision Made or does it just change from In progress to Complete after the Oath?
Decision Made is a status that showed on the Previous tracker called ECAS. On the new tracker, all fields except Oath setting to ‘complete’ is the equivalent of Decision Made.

Congrats on your oath date!

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Decision Made is a status that showed on the Previous tracker called ECAS. On the new tracker, all fields except Oath setting to ‘complete’ is the equivalent of Decision Made.

Thank you so much for the clarification

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021

Also, you can check ECAS here:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

Reactions: canv_1234

NASBD

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
PNP-12FEB,2016,. CIC- 10 MAY,2016
Nomination.....
14 APRIL,2016
AOR Received.
18 JULY, 2016
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION.
Med's Request
2 MAY, 2017
Med's Done....
12 MAY,2017( PASSED)
Passport Req..
NOV 8, 2017
Dear Folks
Received my citizenship certificate Today, December 13, 2021.
Oath letter: November 19, 2021
Oath: December 2, 2021.
Online Tracker and ECAS status changed to complete: December 6, 2021.
Thanks and Good luck to everyone.