+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Ok. Mine is also in mississauga office. Its been almost 5 months I am waiting for my oath. Did you get oath invitation after sending them email?
I'm mississauga office n 6 almost 6 months after exam, they Said they follow fifo ( first in first out model) but till now I haven't seen that, ppl in sep 2020 who got DM after me already done with or have oath dates in the near future, IRCC don't care no matter what circumstances ppl r facing, we can't do anything but wait

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Ok. Mine is also in mississauga office. Its been almost 5 months I am waiting for my oath. Did you get oath invitation after sending them email?
About 2 weeks after I sent them an email. I got an immediate response (after about 20 minutes) saying that I was in the queue for the oath, but they couldn't give an estimate on when it would be scheduled. But about 2 weeks later I got a status update on the tracker.

Reactions: MaryC

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
About 2 weeks after I sent them an email. I got an immediate response (after about 20 minutes) saying that I was in the queue for the oath, but they couldn't give an estimate on when it would be scheduled. But about 2 weeks later I got a status update on the tracker.
Ok. The processing office email is same as the email from where we recieved test invitation?

ChapImmigrate

Jun 1, 2016
MaryC's application is in the Montreal office. Mine was in the Mississauga office.
I just wrote the Mississauga office and immediately received a form response. Looks like they won't be updating things, either.

Decided to call IRCC - they won't answer any questions at all about any applications that aren't already prioritized; the person on the phone suggested I make an ATIP request, as I'll get more information in 30 days or less...and I told him I put in a request 3 months ago and never heard back.

And on and on, an endless circle of no one able to give me any information at all as to why my application stalled for 6 months now.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
When I responded to the post that you've quoted, there was no option of taking test outside Canada. .....
PS: I also updated many threads with the official information as soon as it hit the IRCC website.
No grudges @rajkamalmohanram . Just a bit frustrated. Thanks for clarifying.

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
I guess that the Montreal office operates differently, then. Mississauga was gracious enough to respond - though they did not respond with anything tangible.
Unfortunately I don't think this will make any difference this time.

Thank you for the suggestion anyway. We never know.. :)

Reactions: happysheep

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Does anyone have any idea, does IRCC make ppl wait for more than 8 months after test? Coz I know someone was invited for oath after 8 months, anyone know if someone waited more than 8 months?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have any idea, does IRCC make ppl wait for more than 8 months after test? Coz I know someone was invited for oath after 8 months, anyone know if someone waited more than 8 months?
There were a couple of late 2019 and early 2020 folk who waited a long time for the oath because of all the uncertainty at that time.

Sad thing is now that things look like they are going back to normal; the uncertainty continues in IRCC.. Basically its a permanent uncertainty we have to deal with.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
I understand. I completely understand the frustration while waiting. I had my share of that when waiting for OINP to be processed.

I hope you get your update real soon.

Wish you all the very best.
Not to belabor the issue, but just want to point out that more than waiting for the test invite (which has now come), the fact that I had to postpone my travel and endure personal distress due to that is what's frustrating. I really needed to travel, but held on under the perception that tests can't be done from outside Canada.

Well, that ship has sailed. Now that I have the invite, just busy preparing for it.

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
and here I am still waiting for DM after passing my test 6 months ago....FML.

This is so frustrating...I've requested GCMS notes twice in this process and never received anything back either time, either. Feels like everything I've sent since passing my test last June just gets thrown into a black hole.
Same here , passed test on June 4 , asked for passport scan on Aug 17 , responded immediately , nothing after that

• Sad
Reactions: ChapImmigrate