+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

MaryC

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
We finished our Oath Ceremony today. Finally we can say we are Canadians!

The ceremony was not very different from what has already been described here by various people. There were 50 people in our group taking the oath. The judge mentioned that the Mississauga office is conducting 3 ceremonies a day 6 days a week, so hang in there those that are waiting for the oath.

A big Thank you! to all my friends on this forum. The journey would have been that much harder without you all for mutual support and guidance.

I do plan to stick around for a bit and help/support in any way I can.

To those still waiting at various stages, hang in there as we al should be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

God bless and good luck!
I am so very happy for you! Congratulations!

Thank you very much for the time you spend here sharing your experience with us and trying to help!

Reactions: Hot2Cold

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
We finished our Oath Ceremony today. Finally we can say we are Canadians!

The ceremony was not very different from what has already been described here by various people. There were 50 people in our group taking the oath. The judge mentioned that the Mississauga office is conducting 3 ceremonies a day 6 days a week, so hang in there those that are waiting for the oath.

A big Thank you! to all my friends on this forum. The journey would have been that much harder without you all for mutual support and guidance.

I do plan to stick around for a bit and help/support in any way I can.

To those still waiting at various stages, hang in there as we al should be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

God bless and good luck!
Congrats and all the very best!

Reactions: Hot2Cold

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Raj, if a person waits for the citizenship certificate and goes out of country can that person apply for passport in other country? And if the certificate is posted to the canada home address can it be mailed outside Canada once received?
If someone can post the citizenship certificate to you, yes, you can apply for passport outside Canada. But it might take a while before you receive it so unless you are planning to stay in another country for at least a month to 2 months, this plan might not work. The processing time might greatly vary if you apply for a passport outside Canada.

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hello All,
Got an update on my App where I have everything marked as complete and only Oath Ceremony is in progress. Got a date of March 18, 2022

I did not receive any email from them yet (status updated yesterday online) and at the top of the online application it says, take Oath and on the right it says "Waiting on you"

My question here is - what are the next steps now and do I have to prep or do anything prior to the oath? Also, what is the "Waiting on you" thing all about?

Appreciate your inputs :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello All,
Got an update on my App where I have everything marked as complete and only Oath Ceremony is in progress. Got a date of March 18, 2022

I did not receive any email from them yet (status updated yesterday online) and at the top of the online application it says, take Oath and on the right it says "Waiting on you"

My question here is - what are the next steps now and do I have to prep or do anything prior to the oath? Also, what is the "Waiting on you" thing all about?

Appreciate your inputs :)
Congrats!

You won't receive an email until 1 or 2 weeks before the ceremony. So, you can expect the email sometime in the first/second week of March.

Could you also please provide the following information to complete your entry in the spreadsheet?

The date you took the test, Date Prohibitions was set to "Completed" ? Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Finally, my online tracker just got updated today. I have been asked to take the test between Dec 02 & Dec 23. I haven’t received any email yet but hopefully, will get it soon.
You'll receive an email a few days before the test window begins.

Please post an update once you receive the test invite email and once after taking the test.

Last edited:

rafaellima

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-09-2016
Congrats, I've updated the spreadsheet!

You would have to wait for your citizenship certificate anyway to apply for your passport. Generally, the citizenship certificate can take anywhere between a week and 6 weeks to arrive (unless you get the official to expedite the citizenship certificate).

To enter Canada as a citizen, you'll need a Canadian passport. In the absence of a Canadian passport, if you are a passport holder from a country that doesn't require a visa to enter Canada, you'll have to apply for a special authorization to enter Canada and AFAIK, you'll need your citizenship certificate to prove your status in Canada.

So, plan your trip accordingly. At least wait for your citizenship certificate before you travel outside Canada. The only way you can make this trip without headache and hurdles is if you manage to convince the clerk at the ceremony to expedite your citizenship certificate. If you manage to get the citizenship certificate the very next day, you might be able to apply for an urgent passport and get the passport before you leave Canada.
Yeah... we are canceling the trip and minimizing any money loss there. We thought about trying to reschedule the ceremony, but after this much time waiting, we are better off doing the oath now and travel later.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yeah... we are canceling the trip and minimizing any money loss there. We thought about trying to reschedule the ceremony, but after this much time waiting, we are better off doing the oath now and travel later.
You made a great choice there IMO. That's good.

Once you get your Canadian passport, you can travel in peace.

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
You made a great choice there IMO. That's good.

Once you get your Canadian passport, you can travel in peace.
Hi Raj
when our status of oath updated in new tracker it will also update on old tracker or in old tracker it will update when we will get official letter of oath.
because i did not see any update in my old status account.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj
when our status of oath updated in new tracker it will also update on old tracker or in old tracker it will update when we will get official letter of oath.
because i did not see any update in my old status account.
Once you receive the oath email invitation, you'll see something like this on ECAS.

1. We sent you a notice on August 5, 2021 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 23, 2021 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Keep checking the new dashboard and your email going forward, no point in checking ECAS.

Good luck!

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Once you receive the oath email invitation, you'll see something like this on ECAS.

1. We sent you a notice on August 5, 2021 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 23, 2021 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Keep checking the new dashboard and your email going forward, no point in checking ECAS.

Good luck!
The only change I saw on my ECAS is the date I became a Canadian citizen on the fourth line.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram